Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #841
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I don't get why they don't try other areas as well. Its been about 95% in the South Pacific. With 2 in Africa, a few South America and 1 Australia. There are so many other places they could try. I've often wondered why not the obvious Caribbean Island? Seems that would be closer and cheaper for them to do. There are so many other places, the Galopagos Islands, Madagascar would be cool, the Canary Islands, you could go on and on.

I think most of the crew are Australian.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #842
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
I don't get why they don't try other areas as well. Its been about 95% in the South Pacific. With 2 in Africa, a few South America and 1 Australia. There are so many other places they could try. I've often wondered why not the obvious Caribbean Island? Seems that would be closer and cheaper for them to do. There are so many other places, the Galopagos Islands, Madagascar would be cool, the Canary Islands, you could go on and on.
I thought the pirate season was in the Canary Islands.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #843
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
While I felt badly for Brenda when she was voted out, there is no way IMO that she is Player of the Season.
I agree!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #844
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

I would also like to see it somewhere else the next season as well.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #845
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
I can't find anything on it now, but I've heard stuff over the years about how hard it is to find locations for Survivor. They need to find two completely separate beaches/areas that are 100% undeveloped, as well as additional undeveloped locations for challenges. They also need an area that has availability to house the entire production crew for the duration of the season(s). That's why lately they've been double dipping on locations, they shoot consecutive seasons on the same location for the ease of production. I've also heard there's lots of government issues when it comes to location scouting. There was 1 season that they didn't do the loved ones challenge (they couldn't get the loved ones to the island) b/c of government issues.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #846
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
While I felt badly for Brenda when she was voted out, there is no way IMO that she is Player of the Season.
I agree!!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #847
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

To those who don't think Brenda deserves player of the season, do you think Malcolm does? Because up until now, he seems to have been the one people were voting for.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #848
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSQSGoGEmwU

Here's a video of Dawn (crying, of course) doing a confessional after Brenda found her teeth.

She's a nut job. I wish she'd dropped out then.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #849
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
To those who don't think Brenda deserves player of the season, do you think Malcolm does? Because up until now, he seems to have been the one people were voting for.
I like Cochran.
Brenda maybe deserves player of the episode but not the season.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #850
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
I like Cochran.
Brenda maybe deserves player of the episode but not the season.
I don't think so. Fan Favorite is people like her but she didn't do anything outstanding in terms of the game.

Player of the Season - if I had to vote, I'd probaby vote for Malcolm.

In my mind, there are no real stand outs this season.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #851
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

I voted with my heart, not my head and before I watched Ponderosa. I love Malcolm but I believe Cochran will win this season. I don't like him at all. I still want Eddie or Erik to win the million.

I am also tired of the repeated locations, but I understand the problems involved. My biggest beef is bringing back former players, especially members of the Hantz family. They are losers in more ways than one. If the returnees were all TRUE fan favorites, that would be different. But Phillip, Francesca, and Brandon, come on.

And if I could, I would vote for Boston Rob, too.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #852
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

If anyone is interested, there is info out there on the net about where the next TWO seasons are being filmed, as well as speculation as to the cast of season 27.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #853
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
I can't find anything on it now, but I've heard stuff over the years about how hard it is to find locations for Survivor. They need to find two completely separate beaches/areas that are 100% undeveloped, as well as additional undeveloped locations for challenges. They also need an area that has availability to house the entire production crew for the duration of the season(s). That's why lately they've been double dipping on locations, they shoot consecutive seasons on the same location for the ease of production. I've also heard there's lots of government issues when it comes to location scouting. There was 1 season that they didn't do the loved ones challenge (they couldn't get the loved ones to the island) b/c of government issues.
I get really irritated at the prodicers' insistence that a beach is necessary. Yeah, the young girls wear bikinis - whoopee. Given that they always seem to film in monsoon season, they spend ninety percent of the time bundled up, shivering in the rain.

A large ranch in the Rocky Mountains would provide plenty of open space and if they pick the right place, access to a trout stream for food. It only rains occasionally in the Summertime, and the change of scenery would be a nice change of pace - not to mention a nice tie in to the history of the hardships faced by the pioneers crossing the plains and mountains.

Now there's a season I'd not only watch, but one I'd want to be a part of
Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #854
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

If I could vote, I'd give all my votes to Cochran. He's played an amazing game and is for sure the best player of the season.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #855
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
If I could vote, I'd give all my votes to Cochran. He's played an amazing game and is for sure the best player of the season.
I agree. I cannot wait until Sunday.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: