Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #826
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Seeing as how we're in the home stretch now, I'd just like to say I really hope the next season returns to Africa or Australia. I'm tired of the tropical island motif.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
That is what I was thinking, too. I'm not saying Dawn is evil, it just didn't seem like the right time.
I agree. I agree that this was teh perfect time for the move, but she should have made sure that it was all Cochran.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #827
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
I do agree. But Dawn making a error with her timing doesn't make her evil. I've seen a lot of Boston Rob love in this thread and he REALLY betrayed his friend Lex in All-Stars. I think there's a bit of a double standard. I find all the crying a little odd too, but I feel sorry for Dawn for all the bashing she's getting.

Never said she was evil, just that she made a bad call given everything that Brenda had helped her with.

I haven't really liked Dawn in either season. I don't think she is a good player and her crying (or whatever that is) is getting old.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #828
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

The crying is really too much. I can't wait for the finale when she has to try to explain away her crazy. You know Jeff is going to ask her about the crying.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #829
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

So the finale is Sunday right?
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #830
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Never said she was evil, just that she made a bad call given everything that Brenda had helped her with.

I haven't really liked Dawn in either season. I don't think she is a good player and her crying (or whatever that is) is getting old.
I know you didn't. But you replied to one of my posts, which began with me saying that I didn't think Dawn deserved all the hate she is getting. So while I know you aren't one of the ones bashing her or wishing her dead even jokingly, I began my "it's just a game" posts because of the Dawn hate posts so I was keeping my focus on that.

I think Dawn is an ok player. I don't think she can win unless she was in a final 3 of her, Sherry, and Phillip, but you could say that Boston Rob could only beat Phillip and a player who did nothing all game like Natalie so that's not the worst thing to say about a player. She knows how to get very far in the game and that's more than can be said of a lot of players. Brenda would win against almost anyone in a final tribal, but she doesn't know how to make people willing to go to the end with her. It's kind of a draw for me, but Dawn is going to end up with a bigger paycheck than Brenda* so there's that.

*I realize Brenda could win fan favorite and end up with more money, but I am counting game play paycheck.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 1/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing

Currently reading: Secrets of the Tudor Court by Darcey Bonnette
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #831
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I think Dawn deserves the bashing she's getting. Last night, it was like she'd totally lost her mind. I can understand tears because the wrongness of having to backstab people, when you normally don't act that way, is getting to you.

But clearly, that was not the reason she was crying. She was crying because SHE didn't get to spend time with her family. She was crying because Brenda got the glory, and she didn't. It was all about her. She never once said that she understood why Brenda would make that choice, she never thanked Brenda for wanting to pick her to accompany her on the reward, she just went on and on complaining about how unfair it was to her.

In fact, there was no emotion AT ALL from her when she backstabbed Brenda, her close friend. None whatsoever! Was this not the girl who rescued her dental implant when she was freaking out a few days back? Had she not said that she loved her and was so happy to have her there? Maybe they just didn't show it. But while before I thought she was just plain whiny . . . now I think she's whiny, heartless, and self-centered.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #832
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
I know you didn't. But you replied to one of my posts, which began with me saying that I didn't think Dawn deserved all the hate she is getting. So while I know you aren't one of the ones bashing her or wishing her dead even jokingly, I began my "it's just a game" posts because of the Dawn hate posts so I was keeping my focus on that.

I think Dawn is an ok player. I don't think she can win unless she was in a final 3 of her, Sherry, and Phillip, but you could say that Boston Rob could only beat Phillip and a player who did nothing all game like Natalie so that's not the worst thing to say about a player. She knows how to get very far in the game and that's more than can be said of a lot of players. Brenda would win against almost anyone in a final tribal, but she doesn't know how to make people willing to go to the end with her. It's kind of a draw for me, but Dawn is going to end up with a bigger paycheck than Brenda* so there's that.

*I realize Brenda could win fan favorite and end up with more money, but I am counting game play paycheck.

I don't think comparing her with Rob is a good comparison. Other than his first season, fans and players both liked Rob and he always was a good game player. Dawn isn't. She has only got this far because she was part of a big alliance.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #833
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Dawn's playing a game that we've seen before, and it's not going to end well for her. We've seen other seasons where very strategic men align themselves with more social women, and use them as the information gatherers. Dawn has built relationships with people that make them think she is on their side, she relays the information to Cochran, and they use it to stay one step ahead. That's everyone's mistake this year (Malcolm, Corinne, Brenda), they've all thought Dawn was on their side. Cochran is using her to play a game at arm's length, which is really smart.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #834
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I think that Dawn would have come across better if she had warned Brenda that she was going to get votes. I think it's the blindside of someone who was looking out for you, without you looking out for them in some way, that made it seem so bad. I really really hated that tribal. They were lying to her face. It's no wonder she was hurt so badly. At least we know from her Ponderosa film that she isn't all mad...just hurt. Brenda knows its a game.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #835
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Where can we vote for the fan favorite? I can't find it on the CBS website.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #836
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie View Post
Where can we vote for the fan favorite? I can't find it on the CBS website.
They're calling it "Player of the Season." Hope the link works

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/player_of_the_week/

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #837
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

I cast my votes about an hour ago on CBS.com. You have to log on to vote. Brenda received all of my votes. Malcolm was my previous favorite, but after this last tribal, my choice changed.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #838
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I don't get why they don't try other areas as well. Its been about 95% in the South Pacific. With 2 in Africa, a few South America and 1 Australia. There are so many other places they could try. I've often wondered why not the obvious Caribbean Island? Seems that would be closer and cheaper for them to do. There are so many other places, the Galopagos Islands, Madagascar would be cool, the Canary Islands, you could go on and on.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #839
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
They're calling it "Player of the Season." Hope the link works

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/player_of_the_week/
While I felt badly for Brenda when she was voted out, there is no way IMO that she is Player of the Season.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #840
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Can I vote for Boston Rob as player of THIS season?

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: