Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #796
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran

I am sure that Coachran is going to aim for Eric this week. But it looks like there might not be a vote.

Are snakes nocturnal? I thought they slept at night cause of the cold blooded thingie.
They kind of implied it was a snake.

I am wondering if someone was putting his hand in a hole looking for the idol.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #797
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
This is so true. I said to my husband during the show that the ONLY choice on family visit day is to throw the challenge because they always make them choose- same goes for any challenge that involves winning a car. Remember the girl who won a car and was given the option to keep it or give it up and give everyone else a car? She chose to keep and was voted out but had she given everyone a car, I think she still would have been voted out because who could lose to her if she was the nice person who gave others a car?
I couldn't agree with you more! Cochran was chatting with his mom about the flight over, he seemed in no rush to finish the challenge. Winning those things is absolutely a no win situation. It either makes you selfish or makes you a likable liability, both bad things when you're down to small numbers.

My favorite prize challenge was back when Yau-Man won the car, but traded it to Dreamz for the next time he won immunity. Dreamz won the next immunity, and Yau-Man was voted out.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #798
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
Yes on second thought, it was really just a dumb and cold play for Dawn, not so much Cochran. I forgot that he really thought Brenda was going to be gunning for him and it was her or him kind of thing. But yes I don't think Dawn will be able to live that down. She will be branded as a villian at this point. She could have said, I just can't vote for Brenda now, but I totally support you. I can vote for her next time or something. It makes her look like a horrible person after what Brenda did for her on more than one occassion, not just finding her false teeth.
Exactly! There was a way around it, she just chose not to take it. I think that she thinks she is a strategic player, but she is not looking at the final three objectively. She not only needs to make it, she needs to make sure that the jury is not furious with her. It is one thing to be strategic, it is yet another to betray an solid alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post

I have much more issue with Dawn voting out Brenda than I do Cochran for some reason
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post

Those kind of rewards and Let's Make Deal kind of offers are a no win situation. Brenda turns it down and she's selfish. She makes the sacrifice and that makes her more dangerous.
They are interesting to watch, but I don't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
I too wonder about the fishing. To be honest, I really miss the days when a big chunk of Survivor was about surviving. You didn't just keep around the people you liked or the ones you could beat. You also had to keep those that FED you.
remember Rupert? he fed them, he stayed a long time.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #799
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie View Post

I really hope it's Cochran, Sherri and Dawn in the final 3. Erik hasn't played a very strategic game, but he also hasn't made any enemies. Eddie has been breezing along as the lone amigo, but will probably get votes because the jury is upset at the others. I don't see Dawn or Sherri getting any votes, as Sherri isn't a strategist and Dawn is the ultimate betrayer. Cochran has played a great strategic game (not to mention being hilarious) and I really hope he wins.

Glad to see Brenda gone. I didn't care for her last time either. Plus, every time they show her, all I see is a 15-year old boy.

But she is running the game, just ask her.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #800
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
<

Snip>

remember Rupert? he fed them, he stayed a long time.
And he stole the shoes. That will always be my favorite Survivor moment!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #801
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf

Mine too... loved that season!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #802
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Mine too! I loved that season! I wish that there would be a different setting though. I am sick to death of watching bony people with wild hair and pits sitting in water
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #803
joanne312
DIS Veteran

I'm happy with the strategic move they did last night. Brenda was great at challenges and a threat, they did the right thing to blindside her. I'm hoping that Cochran wins. I really want Dawn to be out next, because I cannot handle her over the top crying. And what was up with the "I'm so mad I could SPIT!" comment!? Though I guess since the final episode is Sunday, it's really only one more episode with everyone so I guess whoever goes next is not that important.

Planning: Jan 2014 CSR, Oct 2014 BC
2013 POFQ ~ 2011 POR ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2008 DCL E. Caribbean ~ 2006 DCL W. Caribbean
joanne312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #804
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

I can't stand Dawn anymore. Seriously, I can't stand watching her cry all the time. I have to fast forward through her. I am sick of her whining about last time she played and taking control of her game. Boo hoo go home. And I thought she showed her true colors by turning on Brenda after Brenda chose her to share the reward (before she knew about the twist).
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #805
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Rupert was the ultimate pirate! Pearl Islands was one of my favorite seasons. We also had no-filter Sandra and Johnny Fairplay.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #806
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

I'm still hoping Eddie or Erik wins!

And Dawn needs therapy.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #807
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I want (need?) a big old constrictor to swallow up Dawn, eat her whole and spit out her false teeth. I loathe her. Three guesses as to what body part the snake would spit out if he ate Sherry.

I really am beginning to root for Eddie. It cracks me up when he fails to be sent home and gets that "no freakin' way!" look on his face. I was pulling for Cochran for a while, but he is beginning to have a huge superiority complex and that annoys me.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #808
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Dawn's playing a game too. I don't understand this Dawn hate. Yeah, she's not coming across as well as Cochran, but they both agreed- accurately- that Brenda was a threat and Dawn is suddenly the spawn of Satan? Is this because she cries? Oh, Lord help any woman over 40 who cries in public.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #809
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Dawn's playing a game too. I don't understand this Dawn hate. Yeah, she's not coming across as well as Cochran, but they both agreed- accurately- that Brenda was a threat and Dawn is suddenly the spawn of Satan? Is this because she cries? Oh, Lord help any woman over 40 who cries in public.
It is because she CONSTANTLY cries. She cries more than she talks. And she whines. It is painful to watch. She is a grown up cry baby. A tad unstable if you ask me.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #810
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Dawn doesn't cry. She wails. It's ridiculous.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: