Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #781
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
If dawn wanted to spend time with her husband, she should have made sure they won the challenge. Brenda picking her once again showed that she was committed to Dawn.
Well yeah, that goes without saying. But I'm sure she was a bit ticked off with Brenda's decision.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #782
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I completely agree with you! Cochran is playing an excellent game. This was the time time to get rid of Brenda because she is a huge threat in the challenges and if she made it to the final 3 she would have taken it for sure. I don't see Cochran as a bad guy at all. He is a master of the intricacies of the game and seems to know when to make a move and when not to. I don't see him as cocky or getting too big for his britches at all. He's a very smart player.

Dawn is a hot mess and my guess they are keeping her around knowing that she would be a throwaway at the final 3. If Cochran continues to play the way he is and takes Dawn and Sherrie with him, he'll win for sure.

As for Brenda, yeah it sucks that she went, especially after giving up her reward but it was a very smart move. I think as we watch and get invested with players and their emotions (and ours) we tend to forget it's a game. Not only is it a game, it's Survivor. One of the most cut-throat games out there. Brenda is smart and strong and could easily have won the remaining immunity challenges. Everyone knows that if she made it to the final 3, they wouldn't have a chance. On their end it was a very smart move, no doubt about it. Let your emotions run the game and you're done!
I agree with everything you said. I hope Cochran wins as I think he played the best game
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #783
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Dawn's husband made out better than ANYONE this week. He got out of spending time with Dawn....
EMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #784
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajak73 View Post
As my DW said after watching Brenda at the end of the show last night, everyone forgets it's a game and they are all playing for a million dollars
Especially on the DIS. I am honestly shocked that people are angry at Cochran for playing the game. He has every right and reason to vote out someone who can beat him at the end, and now he has a three out of five voting bloc and a strong chance to go to the end with Dawn and Sherry, two people he CAN beat.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #785
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

I found it amusing when Cochran was questioning his dad's behavior....wearing sunglasses trying to be a movie star and flipping burgers....he's never flipped burgers before. Who was this new man, he asked
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #786
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
I will be happy to see the last of dawn. So tired of the crying!, some people are ugly criers but she is the ugliest crier I have ever seen!
She is on my last nerve!!!!! Favorite? HARDLY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
So why is that nobody is fishing this season? They are all complaining about being hungry, yet there isn't anyone ever trying to catch fish. What's up with that this season?
I was wondering this too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
What AWFUL people. That vote was straight up COLD (and I like blind sides). Now I hope NONE of them win. Maybe they'll all get bit by snakes...or contract amoebic dysentery.
I'm not excited about the finale. I was not a Brenda fan the last time she played, but Dawn did her very dirty. Brenda is a strong player.
Quote:
She has cried so much there were no tears left for last nights theatrics. Could we have a vote for Least Favourite? I would vote for her no problem.
Same for me!!!
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #787
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Well, I have said before I was a Dawn fan on her last season, but not this time. I thought it was cold, but this is a game. I really just want Cochran(because I think he played the best strategic game) or Eddiebecause I think it would be funny) to win now, the others are annoying to me.

Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #788
Ginacrella
California Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
I found it amusing when Cochran was questioning his dad's behavior....wearing sunglasses trying to be a movie star and flipping burgers....he's never flipped burgers before. Who was this new man, he asked
lol that was too funny. Cochran's dad = Mr. Hollywood
Ginacrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #789
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm still a Cochran fan. He loves the game of Survivor. He realizes his physical limitations in this game (hence his joy when he won individual immunity), so he has to play strategically. Voting off Brenda last night was a brilliant strategic move. Yes, it was cold and calculating, but Cochran knew that now that there are so few left, he's on the chopping block.

Yep, Brenda forgot it was a game, and she allowed her heart to make the decision to give up her reward so the others could spend time with their loved ones. I guess Brenda thought the good will she earned by giving up the reward would follow through the vote at tribal council, but she let down her guard and didn't think that the others would still be thinking strategy rather than "aw, Brenda's such a nice girl, let's keep her around."

I'm hoping Cochran wins the million. Although if the final 3 are Cochran, Erik and Eddie, it could be close. I could maybe see Eddie winning just for the fact that he lasted to the end, not because of anything he did.
You're not in the minority. Everything's been said, so I won't relay, but Cochran is playing a very strategic game and it was the right move.

Those kind of rewards and Let's Make Deal kind of offers are a no win situation. Brenda turns it down and she's selfish. She makes the sacrifice and that makes her more dangerous.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #790
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Those kind of rewards and Let's Make Deal kind of offers are a no win situation. Brenda turns it down and she's selfish. She makes the sacrifice and that makes her more dangerous.
This is so true. I said to my husband during the show that the ONLY choice on family visit day is to throw the challenge because they always make them choose- same goes for any challenge that involves winning a car. Remember the girl who won a car and was given the option to keep it or give it up and give everyone else a car? She chose to keep and was voted out but had she given everyone a car, I think she still would have been voted out because who could lose to her if she was the nice person who gave others a car?
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #791
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

I too wonder about the fishing. To be honest, I really miss the days when a big chunk of Survivor was about surviving. You didn't just keep around the people you liked or the ones you could beat. You also had to keep those that FED you.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #792
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
You're not in the minority. Everything's been said, so I won't relay, but Cochran is playing a very strategic game and it was the right move.

It was the right move for Cochran, who is playing a good game. It wasn't a good move for Dawn; Brenda now feels betrayed by someone who she had a strong bond with. Someone who she has helped and now is likely to vote against her.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #793
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Exactly what I said last night to DW. May as well be selfish, because you're screwed either way.

BTW, I still maintain that if I'm ever on the show and win one of those things, I'm taking whomever is in 2nd place.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #794
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
It was the right move for Cochran, who is playing a good game. It wasn't a good move for Dawn; Brenda now feels betrayed by someone who she had a strong bond with. Someone who she has helped and now is likely to vote against her.

I really hope it's Cochran, Sherri and Dawn in the final 3. Erik hasn't played a very strategic game, but he also hasn't made any enemies. Eddie has been breezing along as the lone amigo, but will probably get votes because the jury is upset at the others. I don't see Dawn or Sherri getting any votes, as Sherri isn't a strategist and Dawn is the ultimate betrayer. Cochran has played a great strategic game (not to mention being hilarious) and I really hope he wins.

Glad to see Brenda gone. I didn't care for her last time either. Plus, every time they show her, all I see is a 15-year old boy.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #795
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Dawn's husband made out better than ANYONE this week. He got out of spending time with Dawn....

Good one. She is annoying and now a villain. I really can't get past her stabbing Brenda in the back like that.

But know this, if she does make it to the final 3, she will most likely get blasted worse than practically anyone has ever gotten blasted, but then she'll no doubt start crying.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: