Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #751
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

That was one mean episode of survivor. From them making Brenda choose, to Dawn betraying her, cold.

In all these seasons I've never voted for the fan favorite, but I just did. I gave all my votes to Brenda.
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #752
shortbun
Peacenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
That was one mean episode of survivor. From them making Brenda choose, to Dawn betraying her, cold.

In all these seasons I've never voted for the fan favorite, but I just did. I gave all my votes to Brenda.
New villans created last night. I'll be voting for Brenda too!!

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #753
ceemys
DIS Veteran

I know it is game play, but man, that was just cold. Dawn gets on my nerves and I used to like Cochran, but getting on the fence about him now.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #754
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisem View Post
I was never a Dawn fan to begin with all her histrionic behavior, but this sealed the deal.

ETA: If Dawn does make it to final 3, she'll just turn on the waterworks again, hoping for sympathy.
I don't think Dawn has a snowball's chance. There is a difference between playing in a strategic manner and downright stabbing someone, and she stabbed Brenda. I would not underestimate the influence that Brenda will have on the final vote, and I bet dollars to donuts that she is going to be pressing for anyone but Dawn. I think that either Eddie or Erik will be going to the final three, and that if either of them make it that far,will win the million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogswel_Cogs View Post
I still think Eric is playing a good game. I do not think he has upset anyone on jury.
Me too. I think he and Eddie have a chance if they get to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
I know it is game play, but man, that was just cold. Dawn gets on my nerves and I used to like Cochran, but getting on the fence about him now.
I think that Cochran is not as skeevy as Dawn. She makes my flesh crawl, whining, crying, wailing and pouting. She knew what this game was like, and chose to play again. Now all she does is complain she is tired. She is hungry. We know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #755
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I think that Cochran is not as skeevy as Dawn. She makes my flesh crawl, whining, crying, wailing and pouting. She knew what this game was like, and chose to play again. Now all she does is complain she is tired. She is hungry. We know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

She has cried so much there were no tears left for last nights theatrics. Could we have a vote for Least Favourite? I would vote for her no problem.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #756
MissManda
DIS Veteran

Last nights episode goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished, especially in Survivor. I felt really bad for Brenda last night.

She shouldn't have given up that time with her dad for the others. Funny thing is, if she had chosen to enjoy the reward, she may not have gotten voted out. It doesn't pay to be nice in survivor. Also, I think she threw that challenge to Dawn.

Blindsides are one thing, but that was just unnecessary. I doubt it will happen but I would love to see Eddie go on an immunity challenge tear and get to the end.

Not sure how I feel about Eric. He apparently wasn't part of the plan to vote out Brenda. He should have stuck with the guys a while back.

If Dawn, Cochran, and Sherry are the final three, I think I will die. I really don't like them at all. Dawn is too weepy and a crybaby. Sherry is useless and had done nothing. Cochran is just getting to big for his britches out here. But, out of those three at least he is making decision and not just sitting around crying over everything.

I just can't believe that the final 5 has come down to this.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #757
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

While what Dawn and Cochran did to Brenda may have been a strategic move, I have lost all respect for Cochran. He was the one I had been pulling for, after my favorite, Malcolm was voted off. Now I've switched to Erik.

I felt so sorry for Brenda and thought what Dawn, Cochran and Sherry did to her was extremely mean. Especially for Dawn, when she was having a complete meltdown about her stupid teeth and Brenda found them for her. Way to pay her back, Dawn! And Brenda being completely selfless and giving up HER time with HER loved ones so the other FOUR could have theirs...wow. Just. Wow.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #758
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissManda View Post

If Dawn, Cochran, and Sherry are the final three, I think I will die. I really don't like them at all. Dawn is too weepy and a crybaby. Sherry is useless and had done nothing. Cochran is just getting to big for his britches out here. But, out of those three at least he is making decision and not just sitting around crying over everything.

I just can't believe that the final 5 has come down to this.
With the way last night's vote went, I am seeing them as the final three more and more. Unless Eddie or Erik wins the rest of the immunity challenges, then I see those three going to the end together.

Voting Brenda off last night was cold, but for Cochran it was completely necessary. She was the only person left that wanted him gone, and for him it was kill or be killed. If Cochran takes Dawn and Sherri to the end, then it's nearly a lock for him to win. Sherri has zero chance of getting votes, and Dawn is probably the person that people will blame the most for being voted out.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #759
rajak73
Mouseketeer

As my DW said after watching Brenda at the end of the show last night, everyone forgets it's a game and they are all playing for a million dollars
rajak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #760
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
With the way last night's vote went, I am seeing them as the final three more and more. Unless Eddie or Erik wins the rest of the immunity challenges, then I see those three going to the end together.

Voting Brenda off last night was cold, but for Cochran it was completely necessary. She was the only person left that wanted him gone, and for him it was kill or be killed. If Cochran takes Dawn and Sherri to the end, then it's nearly a lock for him to win. Sherri has zero chance of getting votes, and Dawn is probably the person that people will blame the most for being voted out.
Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm still a Cochran fan. He loves the game of Survivor. He realizes his physical limitations in this game (hence his joy when he won individual immunity), so he has to play strategically. Voting off Brenda last night was a brilliant strategic move. Yes, it was cold and calculating, but Cochran knew that now that there are so few left, he's on the chopping block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajak73 View Post
As my DW said after watching Brenda at the end of the show last night, everyone forgets it's a game and they are all playing for a million dollars
Yep, Brenda forgot it was a game, and she allowed her heart to make the decision to give up her reward so the others could spend time with their loved ones. I guess Brenda thought the good will she earned by giving up the reward would follow through the vote at tribal council, but she let down her guard and didn't think that the others would still be thinking strategy rather than "aw, Brenda's such a nice girl, let's keep her around."

I'm hoping Cochran wins the million. Although if the final 3 are Cochran, Erik and Eddie, it could be close. I could maybe see Eddie winning just for the fact that he lasted to the end, not because of anything he did.

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #761
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajak73 View Post
Exactly. . When playing for a million and you are down to 1 in 5, you gotta be ruthless. No one wants to be sitting next to the nice guy/gal in the final three.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #762
Amy
MamaGrumpy

As here's my guess about the preview showing Jeff at the camp after dark: Dawn finally has a complete breakdown. She's so wishy-washy and she probably can't deal with being so mean as to vote off Brenda, so she starts crying again and can't get it together. (Either that or she starts crying and one of the others can't take it any more and bashes her with a coconut!)

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #763
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

You know...I know they're all stressed out and hungry etc, but they all FREAK OUT over their loved ones like they haven't seen them in MONTHS. Have these people never been away from home for an extended period of time?? I had to go away for almost a month overseas for work (physically exhausting, and emotionally draining work) and while I missed my DH terribly and was inncommunicado for just about all of it, I wasn't a blubbering mess at the airport when he picked me up. Besides that, ALL of them are going home in 5 days when the game ends.

Call me a cynic but sheesh.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #764
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Did anyone else think that Dawn and her husbands interaction was weird? She hooted and carried on, he ran out and ......they kind of went to hug and stopped and hugged, and then did a weird chaste kiss. It was just kind of strange to watch. Unless they're a no real physical contact kind of couple.

I think Cochran has it, unless Eddie makes it to the end. Between him making it to the end and his buddies all being jury, he could win. That isn't saying that I'd vote for him. He's been a terrible player.

I hope this is the last season for Dawn. I can't stand her. And what she did to Brenda was just mean. She's playing her "own game" this season, and I'd venture to say it's not a good game, nor with she get any votes.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #765
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm still a Cochran fan. He loves the game of Survivor. He realizes his physical limitations in this game (hence his joy when he won individual immunity), so he has to play strategically. Voting off Brenda last night was a brilliant strategic move. Yes, it was cold and calculating, but Cochran knew that now that there are so few left, he's on the chopping block.
I'm a huge Cochran fan, I think he deserves to win the game. He is a huge fan, and he seems to have really learned from his last time playing. He's taken his weaknesses and worked them to his advantage. He's likable enough, but not so much so that people will feel personally betrayed at him voting them out.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: