Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #556
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post

I honestly don't think Cochran is "full of himself". From all the comments he's made, he knows he's not a physical threat at the challenges. The only reason he won immunity last night was because he bought that advantage during the auction. I think winning an immunity is so unexpected for him that what you're seeing is genuine "I can't believe something this good happened to me" joy.

I don't think he is yet but the are starting to show little bits that make you think he is becoming cocky, the run over to Jeff, the hand gestures when voting - just little things.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #557
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

That challenge was actually a perfect storm for Cochran.

When they said it was a strength challenge, I was like, OK, a boy win. ( Don't really think of Cochran as a boy ) But then Jeff mentioned that the weight they were holding was 1/3 of their body weight when they started the season. OK, that gives the girls a shot....And my guess is, Cochran doesn't weigh more than most of the girls. AND he had the advantage. That was a shoe in for him to win.

I would have liked Malcolm to stay. Though I don't love the three amigos alliance, it's given the game some really good play and I would have liked for it to continue.

Oh and I'm sooo ready for Andrea to be out.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #558
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutotek View Post
I am glad to see who went tonight. That person had become such a tool to the point he was on a par with Phillip. Tribal was played well.
Agreed, but now you've made me think there will be a Malcolm versus Phillip season in the near future, complete with Redemption Island. As much as I'm enjoying Cochran this season, I really wish they'd stop these partial returning players seasons. Either do another All-Stars or do all new players.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #559
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
That challenge was actually a perfect storm for Cochran.

When they said it was a strength challenge, I was like, OK, a boy win. ( Don't really think of Cochran as a boy ) But then Jeff mentioned that the weight they were holding was 1/3 of their body weight when they started the season. OK, that gives the girls a shot....And my guess is, Cochran doesn't weigh more than most of the girls. AND he had the advantage. That was a shoe in for him to win.

I would have liked Malcolm to stay. Though I don't love the three amigos alliance, it's given the game some really good play and I would have liked for it to continue.

Oh and I'm sooo ready for Andrea to be out.
This show is so crazy, because I hated Reynold (or Reynolds) and Eddie when the tribes were split fans v faves, but now that they're the underdogs, I find myself rooting for them.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #560
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
This show is so crazy, because I hated Reynold (or Reynolds) and Eddie when the tribes were split fans v faves, but now that they're the underdogs, I find myself rooting for them.
Me too, I"m in love with Andrea but find myself rooting against them, I too am a sucker for the underdog I guess. But they have no chance at this point unless they win or get idols, which they may.

I thought Malcolm was stupid not to just continue to look for the idol while she was there, who cares if she sees him get it. She already knew it was somewhere around there. Either he didn't read the clue right or something.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #561
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I thought Malcolm was stupid not to just continue to look for the idol while she was there, who cares if she sees him get it. She already knew it was somewhere around there. Either he didn't read the clue right or something.
I bet she'll be digging now that he is gone.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #562
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Right now, he looks like the favorite to win it all. I loved his little chefs kiss as he voted.
I love Cochran but the chef kisses were a little much.

I wanted Malcolm to stay, oh well,

Andrea's move was super smart!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #563
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Where's the Dalton Ross recap and the Ponderosa videos? They're late.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #564
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
I thought the exact same thing. Even if they start digging too, just stand your ground and find the thing. Even if they know you have it, at least you don't get voted out. I'm also surprised there was no scrambling to find the two (possibly) hidden immunity idols the next morning.

I liked Malcolm, but that was a big mistake. At least he was responsible for the most exciting tribal council in Survivor history.

Cochran for the win!
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #565
krcit
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TheAviator;48208723]Me too, I"m in love with Andrea but find myself rooting against them, I too am a sucker for the underdog I guess. But they have no chance at this point unless they win or get idols, which they may.

I thought Malcolm was stupid not to just continue to look for the idol while she was there, who cares if she sees him get it. She already knew it was somewhere around there. Either he didn't read the clue right or something. [/QUOT

I thought the same thing. Why didn't he just keep looking for it.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #566
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
I agree! He should have kept digging!! He paid $480 for the right to find it, even if she joined him in digging and found it he could have wrestled her for it and won! If he didn't dig he wasn't going to get it, so might as well keep trying even with her there.

I did wonder if he was digging under the wrong tree though. To me, "a tree by the water" would mean by the ocean, not the water well.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #567
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

I'm more shocked that the "3 amigos" allowed Cochran to buy the immunity challenge advantage for only $340!!!!! How does Eddie let this happen when he still had $500?!?!?

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #568
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Anyone else think Sherrie looks a lot like Sandra Bullock?
Yes, I believe I posted the same thing a few weeks ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Oh, Andrea's move was perfect. Not only did he have to stop, but he couldn't leave her alone or she'd look for it!

I do hope he passed the clue to Eddie and Reynold though.
Andrea bugs me, and I hope she doesn't win. One of those boys voted for Malcom the second time around
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #569
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
Yes, I believe I posted the same thing a few weeks ago!

Andrea bugs me, and I hope she doesn't win. One of those boys voted for Malcom the second time around
It was Eddie that voted for Malcolm.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #570
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Cannot stand Andrea!!!! Dawn is getting on my nerves too.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: