Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #286
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
I'm not sure he needs anger management. He didn't hit anyone ... Actually I thought Erik should have been kicked off the show for making physical contact with Brandon.
I don't remember that. When and what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Cochran is being very quiet this season...
Didn't he mention that earlier as being his strategy?

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #287
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I don't remember that. When and what?
When Brandon was dumping the 2nd bag, Erik went and basically bear hugged Brandon. Although I don't condone what Brandon was doing, you can't make physical contact with other players.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #288
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
When Brandon was dumping the 2nd bag, Erik went and basically bear hugged Brandon. Although I don't condone what Brandon was doing, you can't make physical contact with other players.
Thanks, totally missed that. I guess it just seemed like such a normal thing to do. Normalcy does not stick out this season!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #289
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCAmom View Post
Phillip did cross the line bringing up his kids.
Phillip crossed the line simply by responding. ZIP IT. Responding was egging Brandon on.

Last edited by travelbug24; 03-14-2013 at 10:36 AM.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #290
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I think Philip is completely aware of what he is doing and is playing a character, and I think Brandon is legitimately unbalanced, but I think Philip deserved the call-out from Brandon in front of the fans. That was hilarious.

And I am so sick of Andrea this season. Why was she crying? She stirred that pot by telling Brandon what Philip said.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #291
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

If that was a bear hug, what do you call those late-night cuddle sessions that go on in the shelters?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #292
MissManda
DIS Veteran

My thoughts on this whole thing is that Brandon has been itching to do something "dramatic" since the game started. In almost every show there has been a confessional with him talking about how he wants to burn the camp down, destroy the food, etc. (I don't remember the exact phrases, but you get the point). I think that the argument with Phillip was just his excuse to go nuts on the camp.

We all know that Philip is annoying. Everyone in camp knows Phillip is annoying but the go along with him and his silly "Stealth R Us" business. He's doing well in challenges and happy around camp. Why is that the Brandon is the only one who takes him so seriously.

Really, the blow up after the reward challenge seemed silly. Not sure why Brandon got so mad in the first place because he thought that Phillip was bragging. Who cares, that is what he does.

Another thing I don't get is why on earth did Andrea tell Brandon what Phillip was thinking about throwing the challenge. That was just stupid on her part. What did you think was going to happen? Then she stands around and cries. Really, him losing it and throwing out the food was really her fault. If she had kept her mouth shut they could have got to the challenge and maybe not had the blow up.

In think Phillip was smart at that moment to walk away from Brandon. Better to remove yourself and hope the situation calms down some rather than escalate it.

I don't think Erik did anything wrong he tried to stop Brandon. I know you aren't supposed to get physical (except in challanges I guess when they practically kill each other), but in this case I seem him as defending himself and his tribemates. Brandon was on a rampage, destroying food. What next? Should they have just stood there while he grabbed a machete? No, Erik did what a reasonable person would try and do. He tried to restrain him, he didn't fight him.

I wish that Phillip would have kept his cool at the immunity challange/tribal council. But we don't know how long that had been going on and he probably had reached his limit as well.

In the end, Brandon was totally unhinged and I'm glad that he's gone.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #293
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
If that was a bear hug, what do you call those late-night cuddle sessions that go on in the shelters?
Those are wanted. I don't think Brandon wanted Erik jumping on his back. That was not a welcomed advance!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #294
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

I was thinking what if Brandon would have had the idol, then Philip would have went home. I mean i knew he didn't, but that would have been really crazy. I think that Brandon is completely right about Philip, and I think he got so mad because he doesn't have anyone saying he was right about Philip, so he just thinks he is annoying. maybe if some members would have said(even secretly) that they think he is a joke, he might have been ok. I mean, I would rather have Brandon than Philip(IN MY OPINION). LOL i kno crazier people than Brandon anyway. haha
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #295
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

I loved when Brandon told everyone that Boston Rob took Phillip to the end. That was great!! Hahahahahaah..
Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #296
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982

I'm not sure he needs anger management. He didn't hit anyone ... Actually I thought Erik should have been kicked off the show for making physical contact with Brandon.
Seriously, what was Eric to do? Someone had to stop Brandon from destroying the camp and supplies. He didn't do anything that warranted him being tossed.

I appreciated the insight from Jeff, but I can't believe that Brandon passed a psych exam.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #297
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I loved when Brandon told everyone that Boston Rob took Phillip to the end. That was great!! Hahahahahaah..
I know, and Philip probably thinks he took Boston Rob- he is delusional..... LOL
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #298
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982

Have you ever watched the physical challenges? The bear hug was nothing.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #299
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJenna View Post
Russ and Brandon's dad had a house flipping show on A&E
The house flipping show was Russells and his brothers show. I forget the brothers name.

brittsmum1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #300
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

We're the beans and rice staples provided by the show? They have to replace them right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: