Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #271
JakeJenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantw8 View Post
How long before the Hantz family has their own reality show Most likely it will be filmed from inside an insane asylum
Russ and Brandon's dad had a house flipping show on A&E
JakeJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #272
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

I kept going back and forth inside my head that this is fake, all the Hantzs cant be that off balance, to wow Brandon is coming totally unhinged.

I think the girls crying was a release. Brandon on his upswings was probably a nice guy. They probably had been walking on eggshells for awhile now.

I think Phillip does all the Stealth R Us stuff to be what he thinks is amusing. He so much as admitted that to Brandon when they were talking.

When Jeff was holding onto Brandon so tightly I definitely went back to thinking real.

Plus I think anyone who is that destructive around camp, like tossing rice and threatening physical harm needs to go.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #273
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
I kept going back and forth inside my head that this is fake, all the Hantzs cant be that off balance, to wow Brandon is coming totally unhinged.

I think the girls crying was a release. Brandon on his upswings was probably a nice guy. They probably had been walking on eggshells for awhile now.

I think Phillip does all the Stealth R Us stuff to be what he thinks is amusing. He so much as admitted that to Brandon when they were talking.

When Jeff was holding onto Brandon so tightly I definitely went back to thinking real.

Plus I think anyone who is that destructive around camp, like tossing rice and threatening physical harm needs to go.
Agree, but I do think Brandon is unstable. He probably is a nice guy most of the time, but watch out when he goes off the deep end.

And, if I am remembering right, he threw the rice out secretly last time. At least this time they knew who did it.

The way Jeff was holding onto him did look like he was worried about Brandon escaping his grip. His hands were really dug in.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #274
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

I wouldn't want to accidentally cut Brandon off in traffic.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #275
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

I know Boston Rob. And you sir are no Boston Rob.

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #276
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Sadly, I agree with Brandon's assessment of Phillip. Phillip is a bully and his "Stealth R Us" stuff is so annoying. Clearly Phillip is trying to be Boston Rob. HOWEVER, the way he went about calling out Phillip was so crazy that it only made Brandon look like the unstable weirdo he is.

Jeff handled all of that very well. The girls crying? Get over yourselves.
Agreed. The girls crying was pathetic. It was so pathetic that I almost want to say it was scripted.

Everything Brandon said about Phillip was absolutely true..
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #277
ceemys
DIS Veteran

What a wackadoodle! Brandon really has been coming unhinged for a while now. I think the crying of the girls was just stress release. And I'm sure they did like him when he was nice, but as with anyone who is nice on "good" days and horrible on "bad" days. You shouldn't have to be worried about someone going off the deep end. He needs to go to anger management classes.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #278
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
What a wackadoodle! Brandon really has been coming unhinged for a while now. I think the crying of the girls was just stress release. And I'm sure they did like him when he was nice, but as with anyone who is nice on "good" days and horrible on "bad" days. You shouldn't have to be worried about someone going off the deep end. He needs to go to anger management classes.
I'm not sure he needs anger management. He didn't hit anyone ... Actually I thought Erik should have been kicked off the show for making physical contact with Brandon.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #279
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I see that there is one major difference cropping up between the fans and the favorites.

The favorites have been around the camera long enough to know how to create drama for ratings, which is what the producers lap up.

Brandon acting like a psycho, Philip talking directly to the camera, the girls crying . . . part of me thinks they're doing it because they know THAT's what gets the big attention from the producers.

You hang around the camera enough and you realize that nobody wants REAL anymore in reality TV... they want over-the-top. And if you want to be invited back or given attention to launch your business/TV career/line of soft drinks after the show, unfortunately, this is the way you need to act.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #280
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I really hope Phillip is the next to go... He really is quite possibly the most annoying person ever on Survivor.... and I cant stand listening to his craziness.

Cochran is being very quiet this season...
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #281
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art

From Jeff Probst...

We never let anybody on the show who can’t pass the psych test. Brandon passed. He was also great in our interviews before the show began. We were actually very excited because he had a new approach to the game. He said he wasn’t going to be as emotionally reactive and felt that after playing once he was better prepared for the 39 day adventure. We felt Brandon had the potential for a true underdog story of a young man who was overwhelmed the first time he played and was seeking redemption.

Because something like this had never happened before there was no plan in place. I was assessing moment to moment, making decisions based on what was playing out in front of me. I can share with you that I was whispering instructions into my microphone (which is fed to our audio department) for our safety and security guys to be ready to assist if necessary. I was also asking for our show psychologist to be put on a boat and brought over immediately so she could counsel Brandon after the incident was over.
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary

Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #282
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
I'm not sure he needs anger management. He didn't hit anyone ... Actually I thought Erik should have been kicked off the show for making physical contact with Brandon.
Really about Eric

I think Phillip is much more self aware than we all realize. He clearly stated to Brandon in the woods the whole stealth r us thing was just a game for fun. I trully believe he is playing a "character" and using it as part of his strategy. He is probably a more eccentric person in real life...but I think he is 100% aware of how he comes across in the game.

Brandon is truly unstable which makes it so difficult to be around someone with mental health issues like his. Because he truly seems like a nice, repentive, great guy to be around some of the time, but he just can't process conflict and emotion the same way normal people can. You see it all the time with domestic violence situations and wonder why a person will stay with an abusive husband...its a vicious cycle.

I think that is why the girls were so emotional. Because we only see a small slice of camp life. They were subjected to it 24 hours a day. And living with someone like Brandon puts everyone else in an emotional wringer with his extreme highs and horrible lows. I also think that Phillip really took a lot of verbal abusedirected right at him and after a while, it is hard not to try and defend yourself (especially in front of the other tribe). You could see them all trying really hard to just hold it all back.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #283
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

DS10 asked why Phillp walked away when Brandon was yelling at him at camp. I explained to him that sometimes when someone is that angry that the best thing the other person can do, even if they want to argue back, is to walk away so that things do not esculate further.

I actually give Phillip some credit for walking away during Brandon's tirade at camp
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #284
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

While watching the episode, DH looks at me and says "this is what happens when crazy meets crazy".

Philip is so annoying and everything Brandon said was true. The girls crying bugged me, it was pathetic. The looks on the fan's faces were hysterical, especially Randell.

I hope Brandon is able to find peace in his life and Philip gets voted off soon.
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #285
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

I suspect that Brandon just can't handle the reality of being out there on the island. He probably went into the game with good intentions but once he is there he cracks under the pressure and physical demands of the game.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: