Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #211
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

I liked last nights show and that no talking list was hilarious. Who knew you could just make a no talking list and people on it wouldn't talk to you!

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #212
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
I liked last nights show and that no talking list was hilarious. Who knew you could just make a no talking list and people on it wouldn't talk to you!
I forgot about that. That was hilarious! I am putting my husband on the no talking list while Survivor is on. He ranted the whole show about why don't they vote Shemar out.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #213
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
See I was annoyed that Hope lied about Shemar. There he was trying to tell her what to do to save her behind...she went running to the others which made them worry about Shemar, and then at tribal council lied about what they were talking about in the water. She deserved to go!!!!!
Agree completely - even if she was great eye candy
Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #214
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
And you don't see the pretty people egging him on? Hope out and out lied about what he said last night and you wonder why he would get angry.
I definitely don't think you can justify his anger. Its psycho. Its a game. People are going to be on different sides. Its best to just be mature about it and bite your tongue and play the game. No point in getting mad and screaming at everyone, that just makes that person look like the they are. I find shamu just like people I know that always have conflict in their lives. They always bring it on themselves.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #215
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Shamu Good name for him
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #216
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I definitely don't think you can justify his anger. Its psycho. Its a game. People are going to be on different sides. Its best to just be mature about it and bite your tongue and play the game. No point in getting mad and screaming at everyone, that just makes that person look like the they are. I find shamu just like people I know that always have conflict in their lives. They always bring it on themselves.

Brandon is psycho, Phillip is crazy, Shamar is reacting to people egging him on. He also has an "ally" telling him to keep it up. When he was telling people about his problems he seemed to be one of the more rational people they have showed so far.

As for playing the game, being loud and making yourself look less likable is not a bad strategy. People will want to keep you around so they can sit beside you at the end of the game.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #217
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Brandon is psycho, Phillip is crazy, Shamar is reacting to people egging him on. He also has an "ally" telling him to keep it up. When he was telling people about his problems he seemed to be one of the more rational people they have showed so far.

As for playing the game, being loud and making yourself look less likable is not a bad strategy. People will want to keep you around so they can sit beside you at the end of the game.
That is exactly how I described those two last night to DH. He rarely watches but when he does he always comments on the eye candy as well. But he did watch some of Phillip the last time, and asked me if he is still crazy. I said yes but I think some of it is for his own amusement to mess with people. But I told him that Brandon was the true crazy one and seemed very unbalanced
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #218
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Brandon is scary, pee in your rice, burn your shelter down crazy.

Philip is a fun crazy.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #219
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Phillip lifting rocks and bragging about how he works out after seeing Brenda work out with them was just too funny.
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #220
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

It seems to me that the fans should have just let Reynolds do all of the throwing in the challenge. Clearly that is his talent.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #221
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

I am still bummed that there was only 1 challenge, but I really like the water ones!

My DD12 keeps telling me she loved the one "where it seemed like they used Barbies dream house".

We like big, physical challenges with some water challenges thrown in!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #222
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
True, but the only problem with it is you'll never win. If your goal is to come in 2nd or 3rd then it's a good strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Phillip lifting rocks and bragging about how he works out after seeing Brenda work out with them was just too funny.
That was pretty funny. "Huh? What girl doing? I do that too. I strong."

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #223
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
I want one of those!!!

Guess I'm in the minority because I loved this past episode. I absolutely loved Laura. She played Reynold to a TEE when she convinced him that she and Julia were voting Shamar. He fell for it hook, line, and sinker!

When they found out Shamar spilled their TC vote to Hope who then tattled it to her alliance, they were scrambling. Whoever thought up the plan to convince Reynold they were voting for Shamar was fabulous! And Laura.... she deserves an Oscar for acting that scenario out with Reynolds BRILLIANTLY. I don't know if she was the one that came up with that idea herself, but she carried it out to perfection! BRAVO!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken

Currently reading: #23 You Don't Want to Know

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #224
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Surely the single challenge thing is not permanent, that was 2 weeks in a row with just one challenge, surely next weeks will have 2. On the big rewards I doubt they will combine reward with immunity, like the flying off to a yacht or whatever.

I'm also a big fan of water challenges, they are my favorite.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #225
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator
Surely the single challenge thing is not permanent, that was 2 weeks in a row with just one challenge, surely next weeks will have 2. On the big rewards I doubt they will combine reward with immunity, like the flying off to a yacht or whatever.

I'm also a big fan of water challenges, they are my favorite.
I hope that's true, and I hope they start doing the big rewards soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: