Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #166
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
How did Brandon go from "I'm going to be nice" in this episode to "i'm going to burn the shelter down" in the clips for next episode.
Bi-polar???? He is off the charts!!! LOL
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #167
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Dalton Ross at EW.com does a weekly recap of the show. Here is his best lines from last night.
I love Dalton's survivor coverage. His recaps are sometimes better than the show. I laughed when I read that too!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #168
ShirikiUtundu
Mouseketeer

It's not entertaining if people are scared for their lives. The last time that crackpot was on he was acting rapey and murdery too. It's irresponsible to invite someone like that back. I am glad Cochran said that outright to the camera but Survivor only showed it for ratings; they should be taking his behavior seriously because it's not funny or entertaining. He is nuts.
ShirikiUtundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #169
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop

Best line of the night!

Brandon is a loose cannon!

I think Phillip does half of this stuff to amuse him while he is out there
Sorry, best line of the night was "is that a bulge in his pocket?"

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #170
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Sorry, best line of the night was "is that a bulge in his pocket?"
Most annoying line of the night goes to: "Then let it be childish!" The 468th time it was said.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #171
The Mayor
How about 7"...6" is for rookies
It's the CB, it's not supposed to make sense

So this group is supposed to be "Fans" yet they didn't realize they need to strengthen their group of 4 to control the tribe??? Except for one quick talk with matt hey weren't out lobbying to get two more votes on their side. Very puzzling for a group of so called "Fans"!!!

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid".--John Wayne

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #172
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Philip=good crazy
Brandon=bad crazy

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #173
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys
Philip=good crazy
Brandon=bad crazy
Yes!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #174
krcit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
So this group is supposed to be "Fans" yet they didn't realize they need to strengthen their group of 4 to control the tribe??? Except for one quick talk with matt hey weren't out lobbying to get two more votes on their side. Very puzzling for a group of so called "Fans"!!!
Remember you only see what they want you to see. The 4 thought that they had Matt on their side. Laura too until the day of the vote. They thought that everyone would vote to get rid of Shamar b/c he is so vile and then they would have 5(Eddie. Reynold, Hope Allie and Matt) against 4. Allie also knew that Reynold had the idol but didn't want to take it mfrom him in case they votede him out.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #175
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

I was glad to see the tribe break up the 4-person alliance. Usually what happens is the person with the idol intimidates everybody, and they vote with that person. Then I scream at the TV. Glad I didn't have to this time.

Philip is annoying, but he is bringing some comic relief to this season. Another classic mispronunciation ("Philipism"): "narcisstic"

Brandon is certifiable. I'm glad Coach isn't there; last time there was a prayer circle every 5 minutes!
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #176
DISshopkeeper
Had 3 topplings over the years
I'm always on the lookout for Goofy stuff for the DISshop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I think Dawn did a lot of crying at the start of her season as well.
I recall her having a rough start last time, too.
DISshopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #177
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I don't trust the producers to even truly cast "fans" since the "favorites" are so obviously not favorites but just repeat players. Maybe a handful of them were popular, but calling Phillip and Francesca a "favorite" is silly IMO, since Fran was only on one prior episode.

As far as Brandon goes if he announced he was going to destroy the food and burn down the camp I would alert everyone he needs to seriously go first or 2nd, just as a general danger. What a whack job. That entire family
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #178
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I don't trust the producers to even truly cast "fans" since the "favorites" are so obviously not favorites but just repeat players. Maybe a handful of them were popular, but calling Phillip and Francesca a "favorite" is silly IMO, since Fran was only on one prior episode.
Well, they aren't listed as 'fan favoirites' just favoirtes, so it could just be Producer favorites since they know they will get some good footage with these folks.

Phillip is good for comic relief so I don't mind him on the show, just please put some shorts on!!! Brandon is a special kind of crazy though, and isn't going to last too long in my opinion. At least he isn't getting all preachy like his last season.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #179
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I know last time Brandon played and was a nice person, his family gave him all kinds of crap. I wonder if he trying to be a bad boy to get his family off his back this time.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #180
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I agree with you to a certain extent, but half of this "favorites" crowd I just think I could have picked so much more interesting past players. Several of them like Fran, Dawn, Brenda I"m just like why. Cochran is unique I can see him there maybe, Brandon is a freak so I see that, Phillip too but still. Andrea is gorgeous but not so sure she is very "interesting" other than that. I dunno, just think this was a fairly shabby job of picking people. It really makes me think a lot of the producers 1st and 2nd choices the people just said no, maybe they just think its too tough to do again and declined to go back. It all just seems odd to me.

And the fans dont really seem like "fans" to me. For the most part they seem like Mactors and a few crazies and odd ducks as usual, but none of them seem like real "fans" / students of the game like real fans are. I'm beginning to think this whole idea was done on the fly.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: