Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Check your JB flights

JB has 'adjusted' their flight times once again for MCO to BDL.
We went from leaving MCO in May at 2:25pm to 9:22am. This won't work as we'll be getting off of a cruise and it's cutting it too close. Not worth the anxiety of possibly missing our flight. We will now have to take the 7:25pm flight.
So check your flights. Hope you don't have major time changes like ours.
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

I'm flying out of DCA and they changed my time by 10 mins. Not the end of the world, but I really wish they would send me a note and let me know.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
jadephoenixx
Earning My Ears

Flying from MCO to BUF on May 9, original flight was leaving MCO at 1:45pm. Looks like they've consolidate their 2 direct flights so now only 1 direct flight to BUF and it leaves at 7:40pm. Oh darn...this gives me an extra day of vacation. Wish they would have sent an email though...only way I knew was because I'm stalking the prices, hoping for a credit.
jadephoenixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadephoenixx View Post
Flying from MCO to BUF on May 9, original flight was leaving MCO at 1:45pm. Looks like they've consolidate their 2 direct flights so now only 1 direct flight to BUF and it leaves at 7:40pm. Oh darn...this gives me an extra day of vacation. Wish they would have sent an email though...only way I knew was because I'm stalking the prices, hoping for a credit.
We are flying the opposite as you. Buf to MCO on may 9th. They really did a number on us as we had a flight leaving at 8pm and now we have a flight that leaves at 9am. Crazy to make that big of a change. Means we will now have to drive to buf the evening of the 8th and stay the night.

Not that im complaining all that much as we will have the full day in orlando now instead of landing around 10:30

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Changes happen all the time. It doesn't matter what airline you are flying; you should occasionally check your flights to keep on top of changes.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
I'm flying out of DCA and they changed my time by 10 mins. Not the end of the world, but I really wish they would send me a note and let me know.
From what I understand JB pretty much only notifies of changes of more then 10 min. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule though. Looks like my return flight was moved up by 10 min and the only reason I know was because I was checking to see if the fare went down. But I agree, wish they would let us know of any change, how difficult would it be to send an e-mail of any time change?
Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Thank you for posting this!! Because there's a 30 minute time change, I was able to change my connecting flight home in April, to a nonstop!! so happy, thanks again!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
Bowen9475
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Thank you for posting this!! Because there's a 30 minute time change, I was able to change my connecting flight home in April, to a nonstop!! so happy, thanks again!
Is a 30 minute change the minimum that you can change you flight because of? Our flight from Boston to FL for a cruise was originally 6:35, then went to 6:45 and is now at 6:55. I didn't love the time because it was getting in so late but the price was good. I am liking the time even less the later the flight gets Also, we haven't been notified either time of the time change.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen9475 View Post
Is a 30 minute change the minimum that you can change you flight because of? Our flight from Boston to FL for a cruise was originally 6:35, then went to 6:45 and is now at 6:55. I didn't love the time because it was getting in so late but the price was good. I am liking the time even less the later the flight gets Also, we haven't been notified either time of the time change.
Yes, I confirmed it last night. 30 minutes is the limit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: