Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebz View Post
Can I join in on the Delta bashing? My parents flew Delta last month from Canada to Florida. They knowingly removed several guests luggage because there were hunters on-board whose guns were too heavy making the plane over the weight limit. They knew about it and didn't tell anyone. My parents had a one hour layover in Minneapolis and were left waiting in customs for bags that didn't show. The least they could have done was told them, or better yet chose to remove the overweight guns over peoples' luggage! It took 2 days for their bags to get delivered to their hotel. It wasn't a mistake, it was deliberate and my parents still haven't been refunded for the baggage handling fees they had to pay. Yep, not a fan of Delta but we still fly it because it has the cheapest most direct flights to Florida from my small Canadian city - we don't have a lot of options and the price difference is pretty significant. What can you do?

As to OPs question - 2 bags is the limit - one small under-the-seat bag and one carry-on.

They are not the only airline to ever do something like that and to another poster they are far from the lowest rated airline.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

The biggest problem I have with Delta is that *consistently*, over the last 4 or 5 years, the flight I buy in no way resembles the flight I eventually fly. I take great care selecting the flight that fits my needs & schedule the best (sometimes paying more for those flights) and Delta cancels flights, "reschedules" flights, changes flights from nonstops to one-stops, etc, on a regular basis. I had one flight where they changed something about it on a weekly basis; each time they changed it, I lost my seat selections and had to call Delta to have my reservation reset so I could re-select them. Eventually they changed the flights so much that I only had 10 minutes between legs, and had to have them completely re-book the flights. I've had them change planes and re-assign me to a seat that did not exist on the new plane. I've had them take a non-stop flight from LAX to CMH (which I paid extra for) and change it to a flight through Atlanta that added over 6 hours to my travel time. I can't think of any other business that can sell you one thing and deliver something completely different. And Delta is consistently the worst offender in this way that I've experienced.

Sayhello
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: