Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Bennettsmommy
Mouseketeer

Where to stay?

Hi everyone! I am planning my families first trip to Disney for this December. I am planning to rent DVC points and cannot decide where I want to stay. It's between Wilderness Lodge Villas, Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower. We will be going early December for about 10 days. It will be me, my husband and our 1 year old son. We will be spending most our time at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Since we will have a baby I want to find somewhere that has good transportation to different parks, because we will probably be coming back to the resort for a nap. Im even thinking of doing a split stay. Is that possible when renting points? It would be nice to stay at an MK resort and then an Epcot resort. Thanks for the help, I just want this trip to be amazing since we had to cancel our honeymoon trip 2 years ago and I doubt we will get to go again for a long time.
Bennettsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I would do a split between VWL and BCV. We've never stayed in any of the villas, but we have stayed at WL and BC and both are great places to stay. BLT is convenient to MK via the walkway, but WL is gorgeous during the holidays and would be my choice in December. With that said, WL is convenient to MK via boat. BCV would be great for going to Epcot and DHS as it's within walking distance to both parks, or you can take the boat. Doing a split stay when renting points is possible provided the person you are renting from can get both places for your dates and has enough points for both stays as all DVC units vary as far as points needed per night. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

We are actually doing a split stay between VWL and BCV this coming July. We were actually forced to do so since a full week was not available for BCV, but we're not upset. We've stayed at both resorts before and love them both.

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
patty57
DIS Veteran

Wherever you decide to stay...you'd better get moving on securing your rental. Early December is very popular with DVC owners and books up. VWL may already be booked. It is amazing around the holidays, as is BCV. I like the location of BLT, but the holiday theming isn't much.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
Wherever you decide to stay...you'd better get moving on securing your rental. Early December is very popular with DVC owners and books up. VWL may already be booked. It is amazing around the holidays, as is BCV. I like the location of BLT, but the holiday theming isn't much.
Agreed, and I'd also suggest that you look at the larger DVC resorts like AKV, OKW, and SSR as backup choices since they're more likely to be available at this point.

The month of December is the single busiest time of year for DVC resorts, and early December is particularly popular because the point costs are low and it's a good time to see all the Christmas festivities without the Christmas crowds.

Owners are on the phone making their reservations as soon as their 11-month window opens up, and for early December bookings, that was a month ago. I think your chances of getting VWL or BLT for 10 days straight are not great. Especially VWL, since it's got a relatively small number of villas and it's super popular during the holiday season.

So, you're probably going to end up switching resorts or villas at some point. A split stay just means that you have more than one reservation. In order to get into VWL or BLT or BCV, you'll probably be working with more than one owner, since you'll need the 11-month window for each resort. Meaning, you'll want to work with a VWL owner for the VWL reservation and a BLT owner for the BLT reservation.
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: