Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #106
1tufgt
DIS Veteran
 
1tufgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33
We flew on Dec. 22 and Jan. 1 using SW and I'm really glad I did the EBCI. We had group A22-A25 on the way down and A41-44 on the way back. Got seats for all 4 of us. Bought the EBCI the day I reserved way back in June.

It was worth the $80 I spent because I didn't have to remember to jump on line and get my boarding numbers. The day before we left I would have had to remember to check in while we were playing mini-golf. It was right there when we showed up at the airport the next day. Loved it and it cost less than the two sit down meals at Le Cellier.
That's good to hear. The suggestion has always been get EBCI on the way back since as you stated you could be out and about and forget.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
Me - DW - DD(3) - DD(1) -
10/08 - ASMo - DW's 1st trip to Disney & friends wedding at Epcot Germany
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #107
mmouse50
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 932

I got a response from SW and it basically said that if I had purchased an EBCI and received a B position that I was just SOL. They said that because MCO had many families that family boarding would always take place. They did "mention" that family boarding was to be 1 parent with 1 child and that they "ask" the extended family members to board in their positions but didn't say that they would enforce the rule. So I still intend to purchase EBCI going out of MCO and hope and pray that I get an A boarding pass.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #108
1tufgt
DIS Veteran
 
1tufgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50
I got a response from SW and it basically said that if I had purchased an EBCI and received a B position that I was just SOL. They said that because MCO had many families that family boarding would always take place. They did "mention" that family boarding was to be 1 parent with 1 child and that they "ask" the extended family members to board in their positions but didn't say that they would enforce the rule. So I still intend to purchase EBCI going out of MCO and hope and pray that I get an A boarding pass.
Yeah A is not guaranteed with EBCI it just possibly increases your chances but with assignment numbers B1-30 there are still plenty of seats together. Remember A1-A15 is reserved for business select.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
Me - DW - DD(3) - DD(1) -
10/08 - ASMo - DW's 1st trip to Disney & friends wedding at Epcot Germany
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #109
jayhawk74
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 157

Quote:
So I still intend to purchase EBCI going out of MCO and hope and pray that I get an A boarding pass.
Just remember whatever boarding position you get with EBCI it would have been worse than if you had checked in at the 24 hour time.
jayhawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #110
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 680

We didn't purchase the early bird, but yesterday I checked us in at the 24 hr mark and we got A38-A42.

Thinking it must be a quiet flight, or no one at all purchased the early bird.
__________________
me dh dd ds dsd dsd's first trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #111
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFEB2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 163

I am confused. Please help a newbie. So, if you purchase EBCI, which I have, you do not have to check in at the 24 hour mark? Will you have the same position if you check in at the 12 hour mark? How does this work?

Thanks!
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #112
Jestocost
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Posts: 6,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
I am confused. Please help a newbie. So, if you purchase EBCI, which I have, you do not have to check in at the 24 hour mark? Will you have the same position if you check in at the 12 hour mark? How does this work?

Thanks!
Correct. You will be checked in automatically 36 hours before your flight time. You can check your boarding numbers and print out boarding passes any time starting 24 hours before your flight, but your boarding numbers will be the same whether you check and print at the 24-hour mark or if you wait to print at the airport. The advantages to printing your BPs in advance are that if you have only carry-on bags you can go straight to security, and at many airports SWA has "express" bag check lines for passengers who arrive with BPs in hand.
__________________
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL



Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #113
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,926

As an example:

On our flight down in Dec. I printed out the boarding passes the night before we flew. I didn't actually have to check-in because we had already done the EBCI. My boarding number was already assigned 36 hours before the flight.

On the way back I didn't have access to a printer so I did nothing until we arrived at the airport that morning. The check-in line for SW was huge inside so we went to the skycap outside (come on, for a few extra dollars we didn't have to wait in the giant line, why would anybody opt to stand in the line) and checked in. He printed our boarding passes and we had our previously assigned numbers without a problem.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #114
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
We didn't purchase the early bird, but yesterday I checked us in at the 24 hr mark and we got A38-A42.

Thinking it must be a quiet flight, or no one at all purchased the early bird.
There's a huge difference between flying in the middle of January and flying during the holidays.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #115
Pumpkin910
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 37

Am I right in thinking that buying the EBCI only means you will get on the plane together but not guarantee you will sit together? I keep seeing posts where people say to buy EBCI to guarantee to sit together but surely that depends what seats are left when you get on??

We are a family of 5 with two 8 yr olds and a 3 yr old flying the Buffalo-MCO route. I am trying to decide whether check in at T24 in both directions and hope family boarding goes ahead for me to use with the little one or to buy EBCI.
Pumpkin910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #116
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place
 
LilyWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indy
Posts: 9,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin910 View Post
Am I right in thinking that buying the EBCI only means you will get on the plane together but not guarantee you will sit together? I keep seeing posts where people say to buy EBCI to guarantee to sit together but surely that depends what seats are left when you get on??

We are a family of 5 with two 8 yr olds and a 3 yr old flying the Buffalo-MCO route. I am trying to decide whether check in at T24 in both directions and hope family boarding goes ahead for me to use with the little one or to buy EBCI.
Technically, only one adult and the 3 year old will be allowed to use family boarding.

ECBI checks you in at the 36 hour mark. The better your boarding position, the better your chances at seats together. 36 hours puts you ahead of the game and gives you a better chance at a better boarding position. Thus, giving you a better chance at seats together.
__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/



LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #117
LisaS
DIS Veteran
 
LisaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MA & AKV/BWV/VWL
Posts: 10,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin910 View Post
Am I right in thinking that buying the EBCI only means you will get on the plane together but not guarantee you will sit together? I keep seeing posts where people say to buy EBCI to guarantee to sit together but surely that depends what seats are left when you get on??

We are a family of 5 with two 8 yr olds and a 3 yr old flying the Buffalo-MCO route. I am trying to decide whether check in at T24 in both directions and hope family boarding goes ahead for me to use with the little one or to buy EBCI.
You are correct. Imagine if everyone on the plane bought EBCI. The last to board will find only middle seats available, EBCI or not. Fortunately it hasn't gotten to that point yet. Flights to/from Orlando don't usually have a lot of Business Select and A-Listers either (they get the best boarding numbers) which also helps.
__________________
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #118
Pumpkin910
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 37

Thank you. Between the stress of this and checking rental car prices what seems like 20 times a day, I am going to need a holiday after my holiday
Pumpkin910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #119
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin910 View Post
Thank you. Between the stress of this and checking rental car prices what seems like 20 times a day, I am going to need a holiday after my holiday
I think in your case what I would do is buy the EBCI and if the position isn't too great, use family boarding for one adult and your 3year old. Then it may be easier for the remaining adult and two 8 year olds to find 3 seats together.
In the end it might cost more but would be worth the peace of mind for me.

We buy the EBCI but I am really particular about 2 things. One, I really prefer to sit on the aisle, and two, we like to have one parent with each child. From Buffalo it has been good for us so far and we've always managed seats together. We don't go over holidays though and buy our flights early so we're always in A group, usually somewhere in the middle of the numbers.

This time we are only using Southwest back from MCO and I bought our tickets later than I usually do so we might end up in B group. Fine with me. I just hope to at least be able to sit 2 and 2 somewhere with the kids. I can't see it being an issue.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #120
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFEB2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost

Correct. You will be checked in automatically 36 hours before your flight time. You can check your boarding numbers and print out boarding passes any time starting 24 hours before your flight, but your boarding numbers will be the same whether you check and print at the 24-hour mark or if you wait to print at the airport. The advantages to printing your BPs in advance are that if you have only carry-on bags you can go straight to security, and at many airports SWA has "express" bag check lines for passengers who arrive with BPs in hand.
Thank you! We just checked in and received A37-A40. Never done this before but that sounds like great boarding positions! Can't wait to leave for our first trip to Disney!!!
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.