Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Who rebooked while on the Fantasy Dec 8 to 15?

Hey all,

We just arrived home from our seven day Western Caribbean cruise. We had an awesome time and met a lot of great people!!! Wish we would have found the podcast before booking up cruise, but are thrilled that we have found the podcast in the end.

I was wondering if anyone rebooked while on the cruise. We rebooked for the same week next year but experienced a few bumps along the way. How did you do?
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I did!

I technically put a 3 day hold on a Spring Break 2014 Fantasy cruise on Thursday before our 12/8 sailing and it was to expire midnight of 12/9. On Sunday, 12/9, I locked it in and I think they consider this "reshopping". I was able to get the 10% off and $200 OBC, pick the cabin I wanted, etc. I didn't have any issues.

I'm assuming by your post you had an issue? What happened?

I hope you had a great time! We had an awesome time and I'm still recovering from the house swaying...lol

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic
I did!

I technically put a 3 day hold on a Spring Break 2014 Fantasy cruise on Thursday before our 12/8 sailing and it was to expire midnight of 12/9. On Sunday, 12/9, I locked it in and I think they consider this "reshopping". I was able to get the 10% off and $200 OBC, pick the cabin I wanted, etc. I didn't have any issues.

I'm assuming by your post you had an issue? What happened?

I hope you had a great time! We had an awesome time and I'm still recovering from the house swaying...lol

Heather
Heather,

This was our first Disney cruise and we had the time of our lives!! Expensive but well worth the premium, IMO. Doesn't even compare to our prior NCL cruises. On Thursday morning I filled out the rebooking quote card and dropped it off on the way to breakfast. I wanted a quote for the same cruise next year and also for the Eastern Caribbean for December 14, 2013. Both with category 5C room.

When I returned from lunch, the quote was on my door. Both cruises were quoted at $3,366.00. My DS and I headed out to the aqua duck and my DW, went to book the Eastern cruise. My wife was told that the Eastern quote was a mistake. It was for a cruise sailing from Galvaston and not Port Canaveral. So my wife then tried to book the Western cruise but was told that the price was now $3,662.00. She was told that the cruise was filling up fast and they could not honor the original quote. So my wife booked it at the higher price.

When I found out, I went back down to the desk and asked why the could not honor their original quote less than two hours after i had received it. I was told that they are only allowed to hold one quote at a time, and that they put a hold on the Eastern cruise from Galvaston and when she went back in to check the Western, the price had gone up. I politely asked a second time why they wouldn't honor the quote they gave me a few hours earlier. I was told that it is a very popular cruise and that it was filling up fast and the prices were going up.

I told her that I fully understand that, but when I booked originally through my TA, I had more than two hours to decide. She then pointed out the fine print, "Subject to Availability." I was in shock that they would play the fine print card. I could see if I filled out the card the first day and them waited until the last day to book. So I very politely asked her to cancel my booking. She canceled my reservation and told me to have a nice day.

I went to guest services and asked to speak to a manager, but none was available. They offered to leave a message on the manager's desk and that they would call me back the next morning. They made a copy of my quote card for the Manager. (The manager never did call me.)

The next day when I arrived back from Castaway Cay, I had a voicemail from the booking desk apologizing for the inconvenience. She said that she called "mainland" booking and that they would honor the original quote. So it all worked out in the end. Except that when I checked my credit card statement on line today, my card was charged for both down payments. LOL.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
lodge
DIS Veteran

When you say "both down payments" did they book you on two cruises?
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
Heather,

This was our first Disney cruise and we had the time of our lives!! Expensive but well worth the premium, IMO. Doesn't even compare to our prior NCL cruises. On Thursday morning I filled out the rebooking quote card and dropped it off on the way to breakfast. I wanted a quote for the same cruise next year and also for the Eastern Caribbean for December 14, 2013. Both with category 5C room.

When I returned from lunch, the quote was on my door. Both cruises were quoted at $3,366.00. My DS and I headed out to the aqua duck and my DW, went to book the Eastern cruise. My wife was told that the Eastern quote was a mistake. It was for a cruise sailing from Galvaston and not Port Canaveral. So my wife then tried to book the Western cruise but was told that the price was now $3,662.00. She was told that the cruise was filling up fast and they could not honor the original quote. So my wife booked it at the higher price.

When I found out, I went back down to the desk and asked why the could not honor their original quote less than two hours after i had received it. I was told that they are only allowed to hold one quote at a time, and that they put a hold on the Eastern cruise from Galvaston and when she went back in to check the Western, the price had gone up. I politely asked a second time why they wouldn't honor the quote they gave me a few hours earlier. I was told that it is a very popular cruise and that it was filling up fast and the prices were going up.

I told her that I fully understand that, but when I booked originally through my TA, I had more than two hours to decide. She then pointed out the fine print, "Subject to Availability." I was in shock that they would play the fine print card. I could see if I filled out the card the first day and them waited until the last day to book. So I very politely asked her to cancel my booking. She canceled my reservation and told me to have a nice day.

I went to guest services and asked to speak to a manager, but none was available. They offered to leave a message on the manager's desk and that they would call me back the next morning. They made a copy of my quote card for the Manager. (The manager never did call me.)

The next day when I arrived back from Castaway Cay, I had a voicemail from the booking desk apologizing for the inconvenience. She said that she called "mainland" booking and that they would honor the original quote. So it all worked out in the end. Except that when I checked my credit card statement on line today, my card was charged for both down payments. LOL.
I'm so glad you had such a great time!! It's easy to see why

Yikes on the cruise booking though I guess because I did everything "in person" I didn't experience any changes. I do know the price for ours had not changed since I checked before leaving. I had written it down on my piece of paper I brought with me to double check. Have you checked since returning home to see if the price has changed again? Just curious...Ours is during Spring Break (before and after Easter depending on when his break will be) so I'd expect ours would change before a December one would? Who knows, right?

I'm glad to hear they took care of it in the end for you. The CM that helped us actually had booked a dummy cruise for us when we were on our first cruise on the Dream in June. Strangely, I don't remember her name but she was from Scotland.

Glad it worked out in the end for you all!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge
When you say "both down payments" did they book you on two cruises?
Lodge,

I am not sure if they booked both cruises or not. I've not had a chance to call. I will try this afternoon and if they are not in, I will give them a call tomorrow. I will let you know.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic
I'm so glad you had such a great time!! It's easy to see why

Yikes on the cruise booking though I guess because I did everything "in person" I didn't experience any changes. I do know the price for ours had not changed since I checked before leaving. I had written it down on my piece of paper I brought with me to double check. Have you checked since returning home to see if the price has changed again? Just curious...Ours is during Spring Break (before and after Easter depending on when his break will be) so I'd expect ours would change before a December one would? Who knows, right?

I'm glad to hear they took care of it in the end for you. The CM that helped us actually had booked a dummy cruise for us when we were on our first cruise on the Dream in June. Strangely, I don't remember her name but she was from Scotland.

Glad it worked out in the end for you all!

Heather
I did not to any pricing before leaving on our cruise because I really wasn't planning on re-booking. However, I did check the price that evening before canceling and for a 5C, it was and still is $4,042.06 with taxes. So getting it for $3,366.00 was a nice discount.

I really don't know if the prices jumped on Thursday, or if she just screwed up both of the original quotes? There were a couple of other reasons that she gave for messing up the Eastern quote. I spoke with my TA yesterday, and she told me that she didn't think that would have anything to do with messing up a quote?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Did they offer 20% off certain Galveston cruises? Just wondering of those are only offered while cruising on the Magic.
Glad you got the price you were quoted- that would have been frustrating. Happy to hear you had a great cruise!
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickcat
Did they offer 20% off certain Galveston cruises? Just wondering of those are only offered while cruising on the Magic.
Glad you got the price you were quoted- that would have been frustrating. Happy to hear you had a great cruise!
Yes, they were offering 20% off pricing for Galveston cruises. When my wife went down to book, the person at the desk said I requested main dining, so she "searched for cruises with only main dining." Which is why she inadvertently quoted the Galveston cruise.

I didn't even talk to anyone, I just dropped off the card and left? Frustrating yes, but in the end we got a great price!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: