Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

A Short Photo Trip Report

It was a short trip too, only three nights.
We arrived around Noon Sunday 09 December and went to Epcot, where Test Track was broken. This would be a recurring theme. Our room at Boardwalk was ready and had a great view:

After a few hours at Epcot it was time to get ready for California Grille, we had a 7:40 reservation so we could watch Holiday Wishes at 9:30.

The next morning we tried to arrive at Magic Kingdom for rope drop to see New Fantasyland. We were only about 15 minutes late but Enchanted Tales with Belle was already up to 60 minutes wait! The attraction was well worth the wait and we will be sure to see it again. I was a suit of armor but won't bore you with photos of my star performance!

Journey of the Litle Mermaid was fun and certainly not a one time thing. We rode it twice that day and will be back, it is well done and lots of fun. The entire queue is worth going through at least once, with plenty to entertain waiting guests.

Later that day we had a diner reservation for Be Our Guest, our most anticipated new attraction of this trip. BOG did not disappoint, the food was good (I had the ratatouille), the wine was good (Flowers Pinot Noir), the decor was amazing, and Beast made an appearance as well as a Meet & Greet.

Yes, that is a Prep & Landing t-shirt!

Tuesday we tried Test Track again, it was listed as down until at least 11:00 but we finally got on around 2:00. Meh. The ride is the same (still fun) and the new graphics are cool. The story about "designing your car" and then "testing" it is a complete waste of time to me. We will skip the design part next time.

We had a LeCellier lunch for the Candlelight Processional to see Jodi Benson. Jodi was a good narrator and really got into the Christmas story. What was fun was to close your eyes and listen to her. Oh yeah, this is The Little Mermaid alright!
Our favorite narrator is still Edward James Olmos, what a voice. Dr. John Sinclair is a great, animated conductor.

After CP we went to the Studios to see Osborne Lights. We found the Halloween cat and really enjoyed the lights. About 50% of the people were using phones for cameras.

We also practiced with HDR on a dynamic subject:

Day Four is in Part 2
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033430

Walt Disney World photos? Yeah, we have "a few" at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

Last edited by boBQuincy; 12-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Very nice report.
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

What a spectacular collection of New Fantasyland shots!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
DawnM
Dawn

Wonderful!

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Absolutely gorgeous pictures

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/25/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
rossb
Mouseketeer

Good stuff. Which lens did you use for the evening castle shot taken from the CG?
rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
boBQuincy
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
Good stuff. Which lens did you use for the evening castle shot taken from the CG?
Thanks!
I used Panasonic's 45-175 at 170mm, it is my only long lens for now. Panasonic's 35-100 would be nice for the f/2.8 but the $$$ is tough to take and I would miss the +75 range.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
rossb
Mouseketeer

I think that is a PZ lens? I have the Panasonic 45-200, which is actually very good for the asking price. It looks like your PP program removed the EXIF info, so I can't see how you took these.

I still travel with my G3 and I'm happy with it in that role. I considered the PZ 14-42 for a while, but I keep reading bad things about it.

Last edited by rossb; 12-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.
rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
klmall
DIS Veteran

Great shots as usual Bob! I especially enjoyed the Be My Guest ones; make me more inclined to try it now!

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
boBQuincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
I think that is a PZ lens? I have the Panasonic 45-200, which is actually very good for the asking price. It looks like your PP program removed the EXIF info, so I can't see how you took these.

I still travel with my G3 and I'm happy with it in that role. I considered the PZ 18-55 for a while, but I keep reading bad things about it.
The 45-175 is an X lens and also a PZ lens. I rarely use the power zoom feature since it is so much easier to just rotate the zoom ring but it might be nice for video. The lens is fairly sharp considering the price and it is a fixed length so dust should not be an issue.

I have read many unkind things about the PZ 14-42 so I never bought one. Supposedly the issue was caused partly by the camera body and the newer G5 does not cause the problem. Who knows? I still like the G3, my main complaint is the low dynamic range (compared to most APS-C cameras) but Olympus has fixed that and Panasonic's GH3 is supposed to be really good also. If the G6 (projected to arrive mid 2013) has an improved sensor I will probably upgrade.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Wishes2you
Mouseketeer

Bob, I always enjoy seeing your photos. Thank you for sharing them.

Jan. 2013 - CBR
Nov. 2006 - CBR
Wishes2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
wdw2momma
Earning My Ears

WOW!
Love your pics!
wdw2momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: