Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #91
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Well I know I've been scarce lately and I'm sorry!! My laptop power cord died last Thursday. It is the second one to fray completely on me since I bought this laptop 18 months ago. I'm a bit frustrated with the quality of the cords. So my laptop battery died Thursday evening and I didn't get a new power cord til today. I'm trying a new brand to see if it handles better.

Tonight after much shopping and debating we put an offer in on our house. We are waiting for the sellers to counteroffer and the wait is killing me!! However, after putting in our offer, DH looks at me saddened and says, "Does this really mean we can't buy DVC this year?" Who is this man and where did he come from? I think I'm in love.....

I've gotten quite a few orders for baby things that I need to go work on so that will help pay for more of the fun extras for our trip!!!

Yesterday I went "picking" with my mom (read: garage sales) and had the best time!! I found vintage patterns (from the 50s-90s) that I purchased to sell on Etsy. I had a great time! Then today I found a sewing machine that was for sale around here that I purchased for myself so that I can return my mom's. She loaned it to me about 2 years ago when I started to learn how to sew. I do hope that this sewing machine runs well. It does a lot more than the machine I have right now does. I won't get it til Saturday so I have a few days to wait.

As for our Disney trip, I have taken care of Photopass this week. I still owe a little bit on our room and still need to save for dining. I'm going to wait until after we take care of the house stuff to buy our AP's. Still undecided on what to do for the first two nights.......I've been thinking that maybe I need to book a room at a discount so that I can do a bounceback offer for the Christmas trip. But then again, what if I want to rent points again? For the Christmas trip, we could honestly stay value/moderate and be fine in my opinion because we most likely would not swim. The only other thing that concerns me is the smaller beds but we could handle it for a week. I'm really considering Thanksgiving week. I know it's a crazy busy week but I don't want to miss too much school and Christmas time would be crazier. O.k. I'm off to check prices for those first nights again. I'll be back sooner than I have been on lately! I promise!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #92
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Yay for having your DH talked into DVC!! Loving your plans so far! And yay for your "picking" finds!!

Good luck with the house!!! Sending lots of pixie dust!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #93
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi! I followed from Facebook but I realized I subbed to your PTR a while ago.

I will catch up tomorrow.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #94
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just found you on facebook and am stopping by. We will be there the same week as you! Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #95
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Also joining from FB! Love your PTR so far! Can't wait to hear more

December 2015 PTR
2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR

Jennifer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #96
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report so far! The Christmas story about your student had me in tears. Looking forward to reading more!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #97
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi!

All caught up this morning. I think you have thought about your days and they look great.

Glad the boys are feeling better, it have been a bad year for sickness.

We are also concerned about Fastpass +, we like to park hop and if we are limited to one park with fastpass + it will not benefit us at all. So if they still have the original fastpass up and running, we will stick to that. I also want to see reviews of experiences using this system before I judge too much I think it should be up and running before our trip.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #98
ravensterling3
Earning My Ears

Joining from FB will try to catch up tonight or this weekend.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #99
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Good luck with the house offer. Many years ago we bought our first (and only home). We made a couple offers on what we thought we loved... refused. I truly believe it was for the best. We now live in our perfect home now.
Yay! for dh sucking down that cool aid! Maybe you are meant to wait to get the perfect dvc resort for you.

Whatever resort you decide on, you'll have fun!

Dee

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #100
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi!

All caught up this morning. I think you have thought about your days and they look great.

Glad the boys are feeling better, it have been a bad year for sickness.

We are also concerned about Fastpass +, we like to park hop and if we are limited to one park with fastpass + it will not benefit us at all. So if they still have the original fastpass up and running, we will stick to that. I also want to see reviews of experiences using this system before I judge too much I think it should be up and running before our trip.

Yep I don't think FastPass + as described right now will work too well for us. We are also considering using "old' Fastpass for our touring. I would love to see it come out really soon so that people can share their experiences before we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Good luck with the house offer. Many years ago we bought our first (and only home). We made a couple offers on what we thought we loved... refused. I truly believe it was for the best. We now live in our perfect home now.
Yay! for dh sucking down that cool aid! Maybe you are meant to wait to get the perfect dvc resort for you.

Whatever resort you decide on, you'll have fun!

Dee
We enjoy our home but wanted to see a few others to make sure this one was THE one. I think we are getting a great deal on it and I know it makes DH happy to be home owners again.

Yes I do believe he sucked down that kool aid!!! DVC may have to come next year as sad as that is OR DH said last night ....."you know we could just always rent points when we want to go" which is true...we will see.

Not much new on the Disney front except that we are now under four months!!! .....still waiting on a deal for our first two nights.

We've been crazy busy this week with work and the house stuff. Thankfully tomorrow is Friday. Due to co worker absences I've had before/afterschool duty four out of the five days this week. It was all completely out of their control but tiring all the same.

Tomorrow we will officially be under contract on the house and in the process. I'd better enjoy my last couple of days of freedom because spring soccer season starts Sunday morning.....

Well I'm off to print off some of the last minute paperwork that I need for tomorrow before going to bed. 5 a.m. comes way too early!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #101
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
We enjoy our home but wanted to see a few others to make sure this one was THE one. I think we are getting a great deal on it and I know it makes DH happy to be home owners again. Well, yay for you guys! that is awesome to be home owners again!

Yes I do believe he sucked down that kool aid!!! DVC may have to come next year as sad as that is OR DH said last night ....."you know we could just always rent points when we want to go" which is true...we will see.

Not much new on the Disney front except that we are now under four months!!! .....still waiting on a deal for our first two nights.

We've been crazy busy this week with work and the house stuff. Thankfully tomorrow is Friday. Due to co worker absences I've had before/afterschool duty four out of the five days this week. It was all completely out of their control but tiring all the same. hopefully everyone is back to work, and you can get back to your schedule.

Tomorrow we will officially be under contract on the house and in the process. I'd better enjoy my last couple of days of freedom because spring soccer season starts Sunday morning..... I remember soccer mornings too well. cold, cold,cold!

Well I'm off to print off some of the last minute paperwork that I need for tomorrow before going to bed. 5 a.m. comes way too early!!!
Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #102
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!
I think maybe all my coworkers will be there tomorrow....maybe.....one of them's hubby just got out of the hospital today so I doubt it but tomorrow is a planning day anyways so there will be no kids. <------------longest run on sentence ever....

We ended up not signing papers on Friday because our loan guy was hoping that the "new numbers" that come out tomorrow in Washington will cause them to lower interest rates. Lower interest rates = good but waiting = bad....I'm just ready for it to be ours already. Notice how quickly I've become impatient with all of this. lol.....

We started soccer today and our boys lost 2-0 but they looked REALLY good compared to the fall season. It was a VERY exciting game to watch and I screamed my little (big?) lungs out. Now I have a sore throat!

I forgot my camera at home so I have no pictures of the game. Sorry!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #103
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So I'm going to take some time and talk about what we "plan" to do each day in regards to parks, food, rides, shows, etc. while we are there. Of course most of this will change but that's o.k. too!

Our first day we hope to get to Disney around 3 - 4 p.m. We plan to check in at !??!?!?!?!, maybe have dinner (we have no idea) and then head to Magic Kingdom. I love going to Magic Kingdom first. It totally gets us into the Disney mood and by doing this we get to ride some of our favorites just one more time....

Rides for that first night......Buzz, Peoplemover, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates....

I also hope to see Wishes and the new projection show because like we learned last time you watch it the first chance you get. Last time it stormed the next two Magic Kingdom evenings and we never saw Tink fly.

We hope to end the night fairly early 11 p.m. or so (we will still be an hour behind) and head back to our resort to prepare for an early morning.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #104
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our first day we hope to get to Disney around 3 - 4 p.m. We plan to check in at !??!?!?!?!, maybe have dinner (we have no idea) and then head to Magic Kingdom. I love going to Magic Kingdom first. It totally gets us into the Disney mood and by doing this we get to ride some of our favorites just one more time....
We always go to MK first too. I never understand, how can you not? It's the reason you are there! Even just an hour for a look at the castle, one ride and wishes - well, that's the perfect day!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #105
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3
So I'm going to take some time and talk about what we "plan" to do each day in regards to parks, food, rides, shows, etc. while we are there. Of course most of this will change but that's o.k. too!

Rides for that first night......Buzz, Peoplemover, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates....

I also hope to see Wishes and the new projection show because like we learned last time you watch it the first chance you get. Last time it stormed the next two Magic Kingdom evenings and we never saw Tink fly.

We hope to end the night fairly early 11 p.m. or so (we will still be an hour behind) and head back to our resort to prepare for an early morning.
Good plan! Epcot is always our first. We get in the park around 5/6 usually...love eating in WS.

MK fireworks- worth it??? I've never seen them.:/
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: