Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #76
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Love the plates! What a nice Aunt!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #77
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Yep we love our plates too!! She is a sweet aunt!!

Well on the life front since the last time I was on.......both of my boys had the flu. UGH!!! It was a rough week!! I took off Monday and Tuesday, DH took off Wednesday and Thursday. Both boys FINALLY made it back to school on Friday. They hardly ever catch anything (DS10 had perfect attendance last school year but not at all this one....). Luckily it looks like DH and I may have escaped without catching it.

I'm beyond excited about Disney and really wish we could leave tomorrow!!! I'm about to pay off my room reservation. Then I'll work on AP's. I can't decide if I should just go ahead and buy the APs from the start or if I should book a package for the first two nights to save a little on tickets and then upgrade to APs while we are there so that it is cheaper. What do you all think?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #78
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Yep we love our plates too!! She is a sweet aunt!!

Well on the life front since the last time I was on.......both of my boys had the flu. UGH!!! It was a rough week!! I took off Monday and Tuesday, DH took off Wednesday and Thursday. Both boys FINALLY made it back to school on Friday. They hardly ever catch anything (DS10 had perfect attendance last school year but not at all this one....). Luckily it looks like DH and I may have escaped without catching it.

I'm beyond excited about Disney and really wish we could leave tomorrow!!! I'm about to pay off my room reservation. Then I'll work on AP's. I can't decide if I should just go ahead and buy the APs from the start or if I should book a package for the first two nights to save a little on tickets and then upgrade to APs while we are there so that it is cheaper. What do you all think?
Glad your boys are feeling better. I'm happy you & your DH didn't catch it. Although, I hope you knocked on wood when you said that. Seems everytime I say something like. "oh everyones good", someone get sick.

For me it would depend on how much I saved when all was said and done. To me if it is only $10 or $20 I would value the time in the park more than time spent in line to exchange the tickets. That's just me. Either way... you're getting AP's. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #80
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Also following over from Facebook. Loving your PTR so far. It looks like we will both be at SWW on June 1st. Maybe we will see each other. I see you know about D. I love her work. She gave me a little change purse when I saw her in March. One of these days I will get one of those bags.

Can't wait to read more.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #81
PebblesMom
Mouseketeer

Following over from FB!!! I am going to go back catch up now!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #82
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

I'm in! Came from the May FB. I'll catch up later this afternoon!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #83
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Is there a facebook disboard account I am not familiar with? I would love to join if there is.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #84
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Is there a facebook disboard account I am not familiar with? I would love to join if there is.
Never mind. I think I found it. haha I just followed that link on the top of the page here.... how ingenious of me.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #85
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

What happened with your student at Christmas time was really touching. What a sweet child.

Nice intros. I am amazed at how well you have kept it a surprise.

You are so talented. I can sew a button and that's the extent of my sewing capabilities.

Oooh, BCV! How nice!

I need to get through to the end. I'm curious to find out if you chose Pop for 2 nights? Did you get a PAP? Univesal or not?

At Disney Quest, you don't pay once you are in the building. They do have a few additional things you can buy, food, CDs, etc.

I just asked today in the fb group if anyone else was going to SWW on June 1. I see you will be there too. Corinne and I are planning to meet somewhere at some point in the day. We missed each other on 2 other trips.

I think you picked great choices for ADRs.

Love the plates!

I've read through the whole PTR. I see Universal is out, DQ is in.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #86
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Hi, followed your link over from fb. Now I need to go back and read.
I see later on that you finished reading! We are glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Also following over from Facebook. Loving your PTR so far. It looks like we will both be at SWW on June 1st. Maybe we will see each other. I see you know about D. I love her work. She gave me a little change purse when I saw her in March. One of these days I will get one of those bags.

Can't wait to read more.
Yep I think quite a few of us will be at HS on June 1. We are starting our trip with a bang as I expect that to be a PACKED park that day! Yes I love D~'s work!! If only I could ever be that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMom View Post
We don't have much here but I'm glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
I found out on another PTR that I'm following that there was a Facebook page just for people going in May and one for people going in June. After I joined there, I shared about my PTR and these lovely ladies are joining us for the "fun". LOL.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
What happened with your student at Christmas time was really touching. What a sweet child.

Nice intros. I am amazed at how well you have kept it a surprise.

You are so talented. I can sew a button and that's the extent of my sewing capabilities.

Oooh, BCV! How nice!

I need to get through to the end. I'm curious to find out if you chose Pop for 2 nights? Did you get a PAP? Univesal or not?

At Disney Quest, you don't pay once you are in the building. They do have a few additional things you can buy, food, CDs, etc.

I just asked today in the fb group if anyone else was going to SWW on June 1. I see you will be there too. Corinne and I are planning to meet somewhere at some point in the day. We missed each other on 2 other trips.

I think you picked great choices for ADRs.

Love the plates!

I've read through the whole PTR. I see Universal is out, DQ is in.
I have some very sweet children this year at school.

About the secret - I have DS6 sitting here talking my ear off about nothing while I type this and he has NO idea that I'm talking about Disney because he's not paying attention. My biggest fear is that one of them will check the mail when our final MYW package comes in (if we get one).

Aww thanks, I'm still learning a lot with sewing. I enjoy it though.

Yes BCV!! I can't wait!! It's a dream come true. I'm a moderate gal on a dream vacation!

We still don't have a room for the first two nights. I'm very undecided on whether we should book with the deal out now or not.

Yep it looks like a couple of us will be in HS on June 1! Maybe we will see each other!

We are getting a PAP but not going to Universal until the fall. I think the water parks/DQ are a better deal right now for about the same price.

I hope we like our ADR's too. It will be the first time we try most of those places.

Well guys I'm running out the door to bring DS10 to soccer practice. I ask myself EVERY DAY why we allowed him to be in year-round competitive soccer. GEEZ....I get tired of practice. lol......

I'll see you all later!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #87
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey! I followed you over from Facebook. So, the trip is still a complete surprise? We actually surprised our son with a trip to Disney in 2008. We often take road trips and we told him that we were taking a road trip and would stop wherever our car took us. Even after driving 800 miles, he had no idea where we were until we got to a mileage sign that said 20 miles to Disney. He almost pee'd his pants.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #88
DisneyFun08
Mouseketeer

Hi! I followed your FB June link Subscribed but have a sick DD(11) to give some TLC to so I'll be back tomorrow! Looking forward to reading and hearing about your plans!
DisneyFun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #89
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
:

I found out on another PTR that I'm following that there was a Facebook page just for people going in May and one for people going in June. After I joined there, I shared about my PTR and these lovely ladies are joining us for the "fun". LOL.....

Cool! I may have to do more research on FB disney pages.

Well guys I'm running out the door to bring DS10 to soccer practice. I ask myself EVERY DAY why we allowed him to be in year-round competitive soccer. GEEZ....I get tired of practice. lol......

I'll see you all later!
I hear that a lot with year round soccer kids parents. OUr 3 oldest did soccer, but never competative. We did have competative color guard though. That was a crazy enough schedule!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #90
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey! I followed you over from Facebook. So, the trip is still a complete surprise? We actually surprised our son with a trip to Disney in 2008. We often take road trips and we told him that we were taking a road trip and would stop wherever our car took us. Even after driving 800 miles, he had no idea where we were until we got to a mileage sign that said 20 miles to Disney. He almost pee'd his pants.
Yes the trip is STILL a complete surprise!! I am enjoying your TR but haven't commented because I've been reading it on my phone! Yes I know but my laptop is finally up and running so I'll be able to finish reading it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFun08 View Post
Hi! I followed your FB June link Subscribed but have a sick DD(11) to give some TLC to so I'll be back tomorrow! Looking forward to reading and hearing about your plans!
Awww, hope your sweet DD is beginning to feel better! My boys just had the flu. I didn't find it bad at all this year for them but they did have the fever and fatigue (no other symptoms).

Quote:
I hear that a lot with year round soccer kids parents. OUr 3 oldest did soccer, but never competative. We did have competative color guard though. That was a crazy enough schedule!
Yeah it is tiring but DS really enjoys it. At least now that he's older, I don't have to stay at practice anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: