Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Best Standard Rooms at Pop Century?

Hello! I am traveling to WDW the last week of February with my parents, sister, BIL and niece. We will be staying at Pop Century (2 rooms). We planned on staying at AoA, but switched to Pop to get the S/P/D deal. It's nice to be saving money but we're still mourning the loss of those great rooms at AoA! To help ease the pain, we're hoping to put in a request for the best standard rooms possible at Pop. Any recommendations? My sister and I stayed in the 80's section in 2010 and it was ok, but it was a decent walk to the bus stops.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

I love POP! Does show its use but I walked over to AoA my last trip and was still glad I was staying at POP.

Almost any standard room is a decent walk to the buses at POP. I prefer the 70's section since it does not have a pool thus less noise. I request bldg 6 with a water view and have always gotton it. Now with AoA across the way you are looking at the Cars section from this bldg. It does not seem like a very long walk to me but I am a walker anyway. Bldg 10 in the 70's would be the closest to the buses at a standard rate but there would be no view. Which is fine if you are just sleping there.

A much further walk to buses (probably the furthest) but you could see the EPCOT fireworks at night would be bldg 2 in the 50's top floor facing NorthWest I believe. Plus you have the Bowling Pin pool if you want to take a dip.

Hope this helps some. Enjoy your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: