Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #841
theguda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess

I would book it now and then cancel if something better comes along.

That's what I did for my trip at the end of August. I booked their Labor Day Special. My original intention was to cancel if and when Disney released a discount. But I changed my mind. I realized I will probably never get to stay at the YC for less than a mod ever again.
I just did a quote the April special from the company at the BC. It priced out to $4100. My FD bounceback at CSR (same # of days, dining plan, etc) is $2900. You said you got BC for less than a mod. How did you do that?
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #842
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder
 
Tarheel girl 1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda

I just did a quote the April special from the company at the BC. It priced out to $4100. My FD bounceback at CSR (same # of days, dining plan, etc) is $2900. You said you got BC for less than a mod. How did you do that?
I believe that the Labor Day deal is a better deal. I know I inquired about one of their April specials, but it wasn't good enough to beat the bounce back discount I booked with free dining.
__________________
Amanda: DH: DS(10): DD(7):
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #843
msjprincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
I just did a quote the April special from the company at the BC. It priced out to $4100. My FD bounceback at CSR (same # of days, dining plan, etc) is $2900. You said you got BC for less than a mod. How did you do that?
It depends on the deal they are offering

I booked 10 nights at the YC with 8 day base tickets with one free water park day for $3313 for 2 adults, 12yo, 10yo and 8yo.

That same package at POR without the water park tickets is $3577.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #844
theguda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess

It depends on the deal they are offering

I booked 10 nights at the YC with 8 day base tickets with one free water park day for $3313 for 2 adults, 12yo, 10yo and 8yo.

That same package at POR without the water park tickets is $3577.
That's amazing. Did you recently book that or was that something you did in the past? Was that a Labor Day special or was it an offer during a different time of the year?
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #845
msjprincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
That's amazing. Did you recently book that or was that something you did in the past? Was that a Labor Day special or was it an offer during a different time of the year?
It's the Labor Special. I booked it about a month ago.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #846
theguda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess
It's the Labor Special. I booked it about a month ago.
That doesn't include dining correct? Our mod stay has FD so I assume it will be tough to beat that offer if we have to pay for meals.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #847
kitty2kidz
Mouseketeer
 
kitty2kidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 238

Jumping in ... waiting for August
kitty2kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #848
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 101

same here waiting for August (but am flexible can even do July)

come on discounts!

n3rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #849
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master
 
poohbear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyM View Post
Well, I have not given up hope. On January 31 Danny25 said he hoped to be letting us know in 50 days so I am waiting until March 22. If no word that week or so, THEN I will panic.
I think this goes for many of us.
__________________
Chrissy Bobby Timmy Zachy Lilo Stitch TinerbellSebastian

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #850
Goofy22
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Down the Shore
Posts: 3,319

The current offer I believe expires the 14 th so maybe this coming week?
__________________
In Loving Memory of My Nephew
Tyller ^i^
9-23-1997 - 1-21-2004
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #851
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
The current offer I believe expires the 14 th so maybe this coming week?
The current offer says that your need to "Book by March 31, 2013 for travel most nights April 2 through June 14, 2013". We've got a few more weeks before there's another offer on the table.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #852
Goofy22
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Down the Shore
Posts: 3,319

Oh wow ! Now Im gonna have to go see what I was looking at ! ugghhh
__________________
In Loving Memory of My Nephew
Tyller ^i^
9-23-1997 - 1-21-2004
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #853
jkc0325
Mouseketeer
 
jkc0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 220

Stupid question alert: I am booked at POR for October but if no good discounts come through, I will cancel an book and offsite condo. My ADR date is fast approaching. If I make all my ADR's and then cancel my reservation, will they cancel the ADR's as well? I was thinking of just going in daily and not using the 180 +10 so that I won't be "cheating" the system.

Any thoughts?
__________________
jkc0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #854
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc0325 View Post
Stupid question alert: I am booked at POR for October but if no good discounts come through, I will cancel an book and offsite condo. My ADR date is fast approaching. If I make all my ADR's and then cancel my reservation, will they cancel the ADR's as well? I was thinking of just going in daily and not using the 180 +10 so that I won't be "cheating" the system.

Any thoughts?
Your ADRs should not cancel if you are totally out of the 180 day window. For example, let's say your 180 day mark is April 1st and you make all your reservations. On April 30th, you decide to cancel your POR reservation; well, you're already past the 180 day mark for all your reservations, so they should not be cancelled.

However, I'm not sure how it works if the dining reservations are tied to a room reservation like that. I would call to ensure they won't be cancelled.

So, thereorectically, you should be fine, but we all know how Disney is working with the new technology.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #855
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming
 
vinotinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Your ADRs should not cancel if you are totally out of the 180 day window. For example, let's say your 180 day mark is April 1st and you make all your reservations. On April 30th, you decide to cancel your POR reservation; well, you're already past the 180 day mark for all your reservations, so they should not be cancelled.

However, I'm not sure how it works if the dining reservations are tied to a room reservation like that. I would call to ensure they won't be cancelled.

So, thereorectically, you should be fine, but we all know how Disney is working with the new technology.
Dining and room reservations are separate and cancelling one will not cancel the other (and vice-versa). Anyone can make ADRs 180 days out, you don't need a Disney room reservation for that. Go ahead and make your ADRs and then decide if you want to stay at Disney or off-site. No sense in booking a room reservation just for the ADRs.
__________________

Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL
Oct 2013 - PBH
Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP)
Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP)
May-June 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP)
Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP)
Oct 2009 - BC (DDP)
May 2004 - RPR
April 1995 - AsMu (college trip)
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.