Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #676
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
anyone have any luck on the phone yet??? I am starting to freak...I have it set in my head now that we are switching from AOA to POR and am afraid of losing a room there with this deal to those booking new ressies online....help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
+1 on this!!!!!

I have screen shots taken of the new numbers and I just don't know what to do. The CM told me not to book new online, but then at the end gave me a snide sounding, "dooooo what you think is besssst."
Do go ahead and book online. I already had a ressie at rack rate too and spent well over an hour on the phone last night trying to cancel it so I'd be sure to be able to book online this morning. Never could get thru to anyone last night tho and so I still have my original ressie. I went online and it let me book a new reservation, no problem. I'll call and cancel the original just as soon as the phone lines settle down.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #677
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandReneePlus5 View Post
the tax rate is 6.5%.

Full price would be 2A at $288 2C at $270 = $1116 plus the tax would be $1188.54.

They gave you a 10% discount off that to get to your $1069.70.
I think that's the first post I've read that has finally solved the ticket price mystery -- thanks!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #678
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe2 View Post
Do go ahead and book online. I already had a ressie at rack rate too and spent well over an hour on the phone last night trying to cancel it so I'd be sure to be able to book online this morning. Never could get thru to anyone last night tho and so I still have my original ressie. I went online and it let me book a new reservation, no problem. I'll call and cancel the original just as soon as the phone lines settle down.
Thanks for the reply! Question - when you booked the new ressie, were you logged in to your WDW account? I wasn't sure if it would let me do that since we already have existing for the same dates, names - kwim (meaning, maybe I would need to book while not logged in if that makes sense?).

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina

Last edited by LittleStinkerbelle; 01-03-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: clarify
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #679
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Question - when you booked the new ressie, were you logged in to your WDW account? I wasn't sure if it would let me do that since we already have existing for the same dates, names - kwim (meaning, maybe I would need to book while not logged in if that makes sense?).
You are welcome. No, I did not log in for that very reason. I don't know for sure if it would have made a difference. But I figured I'd play it safe. I had no problems whatsoever. Good luck. Hope you are able to get the room you want.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #680
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or you could just wait until the system is back up again. I seriously doubt all the rooms at this discount will be gone in a day or two.

People panic too easy.
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #681
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe2 View Post
You are welcome. No, I did not log in for that very reason. I don't know for sure if it would have made a difference. But I figured I'd play it safe. I had no problems whatsoever. Good luck. Hope you are able to get the room you want.
Thanks again - much appreciated!

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #682
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

I think I'm just going to impatiently wait for the system to be back up....
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #683
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I called again to see if their system was back up. When I found out it wasn't, I was going to get off the phone and leave it at that. The CM asked if I had any other questions. I thought that since I had him on the phone, I would double check to make sure the info the girl gave me earlier was correct. I asked if I would have to rebook to get the discount, or if since it included discount parks tickets, it could just be applied to my current reservation. The first girl I talked to said that since the offer included discount park tickets, it could be applied to my current reservation. The second person I talked to said that I would have to cancel that reservation and do a new room only one. Does anyone know which one is right?

It took the second guy a while to find the information. He said that he was making sure to find the correct information. He didn't want to give out incorrect information because people wouldn't want to keep coming to Disney World if they kept getting incorrect information from the employees. I joked back that if people stop going to Disney World every time they got incorrect information from a cast member, especially bus drivers, the parks would practically be empty.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #684
insureman
Disney Cruise Crazy or so my family tells me!

Location: Southcoast Massachusetts.Not close enough to Port Canaveral!

No room only discount for POR preferred room. Preferred POR 2A 2C AAA discount is $1792.14 from April 14-April 22. The new discount is $1527 for river view. Called CM and no discount on tickets or meal plan as of yet. Keeping my AAA discount unless preferred rooms become available.
insureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #685
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

When I priced it out online, my Stay Play and Dine deal is better for the first week in March so I am staying put.

Good luck everyone!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #686
tink2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Just book online, cancell your previous ressie if you are concerned.

I already did this once when I found out POFQ wouldn't be included in the deal (THANK YOU DANNY25!!!!) ... now booked again with the discount in POR King Bed because I didn't want to chance that all the King rooms allowed in the discount in POR would/could be gone.
POFQ is available with this discount!!! I have 3 rooms booked with the Disney Visa promo and just tried to book a room with the public one online- it gave me the discount (I was just checking since I'm already booked). If you want POFQ- it should be no problem. CM on the phone told me it just isn't listed separately from POR b/c technically, they are considered the same resort- different sides

Me , Dh , DD15 ; DS13
Hilton summer 1987 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving week 1999 ~ Riverside Thanksgiving 2001 ~ AKL Thanksgiving 2003 ~ POFQ Dec. 5-11 2004 ~ POFQ Jan. 26- Feb. 2 2008 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving Week 2009~ POFQ Christmas week 2011 (Dec 25- 31) ~ POR June 2013
tink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #687
jmccreery
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo
When I priced it out online, my Stay Play and Dine deal is better for the first week in March so I am staying put.

Good luck everyone!
Us too but the gal I talked to kept stressing to call back if I saw any other offers such as free dining.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

We'll be there at the same time!
jmccreery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #688
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

If you book a AoA LM room... do your tickets get discounted at least or no?
angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #689
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2 View Post
POFQ is available with this discount!!! I have 3 rooms booked with the Disney Visa promo and just tried to book a room with the public one online- it gave me the discount (I was just checking since I'm already booked). If you want POFQ- it should be no problem. CM on the phone told me it just isn't listed separately from POR b/c technically, they are considered the same resort- different sides
It is included, but it is only 5% off, not 25% like POR. The ticket discount is the same, irregardless of the resort.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #690
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2 View Post
They are two seperate resorts, the reason why it prob isnt listed is that its not much of a deal. I just looked and you are right it does apply but on an 11 day 10 night stay with park hoppers we would only save $237 .... we are saving $700 at Riverside for the same booking.

Off the room only portion we would only save $122 .... less than 5%.

Savings are savings though but for us that just doesnt make sense.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: