Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Pop Warner?

what resort do the kids from this usually stay in? Also, I see cheerleaders will be in WDW the same week....is this a good time to stay far away from value resorts?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2
what resort do the kids from this usually stay in? Also, I see cheerleaders will be in WDW the same week....is this a good time to stay far away from value resorts?
They have a value and a mod. Usually All-stars for values. For mods, it used to be POR, but they switched to CBR last year due to the refurb. We suspect they may not be back at POR, but stay at CBR, since they are last to be refurbed.

The only way to be sure is book deluxes.
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I have posted this repeatedly <smile>: I am Childless by Choice and by no means "kid friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times over the past 13 years during PW. At least 5 times at the same value resort. I have never experienced ANY problem with the kids at the resort or in the park.; in fact, I find them to be polite, respectful and even conversational.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
They have a value and a mod. Usually All-stars for values. For mods, it used to be POR, but they switched to CBR last year due to the refurb. We suspect they may not be back at POR, but stay at CBR, since they are last to be refurbed.

The only way to be sure is book deluxes.
I second this. This past December, they also stayed at CSR which was a first for them. Hard to tell if they will do that this year or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
I have posted this repeatedly <smile>: I am Childless by Choice and by no means "kid friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times over the past 13 years during PW. At least 5 times at the same value resort. I have never experienced ANY problem with the kids at the resort or in the park.; in fact, I find them to be polite, respectful and even conversational.
Of course everyone's experiences are different, however, this is one group that gets a mass amount of consistently negative reviews. Based on that alone, I would want to do everything I could to avoid this group rather than deliberately booking while they were there. If I wasn't aware of Pop Warner and I found out about them a month or two before I was going, I probably wouldn't switch resorts, but if I knew about it before booking, then its worth avoiding it.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Of course everyone's experiences are different, however, this is one group that gets a mass amount of consistently negative reviews. Based on that alone, I would want to do everything I could to avoid this group rather than deliberately booking while they were there. If I wasn't aware of Pop Warner and I found out about them a month or two before I was going, I probably wouldn't switch resorts, but if I knew about it before booking, then its worth avoiding it.
I would do anything to avoid being in the same resort with them. As you said everyone's experiences are different. I've been down there twice with them. The first time we were at POFQ when it was being used for the overflow from PORS. They were absolutely horrible and their parents and so called chaperones were even worse. They were like a bunch of drunk sailors on leave. It was so bad, that after several nights of being awakened by screaming kids pounding on the doors and then running off in the middle of the night, we went down to guest services and stood in a loooong line to complain and asked to be moved to another resort. The poor CM looked so frazzled by the time we got to him that I felt sorry for him, but still asked to be moved. He apoligized, said they knew they were out of control, but there were just too many of them and they couldn't do anything. He said we were like the 40th complaint that morning and they could not move everybody. It was so bad, that we actually called our airline to see how much it would cost to move our flights up. They were actually that bad. We were exhausted and just wanted to get away from them and was willing to cut our vacation short to do so. It cost too much to book another ticket, so we just stuck it out but swore we'd never go down there with them again. Even the CMs said that while they are always bad, this particular group was worse than usual. The poor CMs looked as exhausted and frustrated as we felt. To be fair, we didn't notice them in the parks that much, but at the resort they were horrible and I swear just tried to see how obnoxious they could be, with their parents encouraging them and joining in.

A few years later, due to the way my work schedule worked out, the only time I could take my regular Dec trip down there was during Pop Warner. Remembering our last exerience with them, I seriously just considered going somewhere else that year. However, I love Disney around Christmas, so booked a split stay at CSR and then YC (for the days Pop Warner was coming in). The experience was night and day. If I hadn't known it was their week, I'd never have even known they were down there.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
mm126
Mouseketeer

I switched our reservation from POR to Wilderness Lodge once I found out that Pop Warner was the same week. Glad to hear that the problems encountered were really only at the resort. We are very excited and hear that Wilderness Lodge during holiday time is beautiful.
mm126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

When is Pop Warner week?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz
When is Pop Warner week?
It always starts 7 days after the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. So December 7th 2013.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

We were at POR in Dec of 07 when Pop Warner arrived. I had no idea what all the big tents outside the resort were for, if I had known what we were about to experience I would have asked for another resort the day we arrived. Thank goodness we only had to deal with them the last few days but boy they made our last few days at what was suppose to be a "quiet, relaxing resort" and turned it into the "crazed resort from Hell"! I was actually mad at Disney for not warning us what was about to happen to our relaxing vacation we spent alot of $$$ on ! Like I said on another post, they should place all these groups at All Star Resorts and if people want to book them for weeks certain groups are there they should warn any regular guests what is going on and give them the option. Just forget about using the food courts or pools while they are there ! :crow ded: Does that get my point across ?! Crowded, LOUD and Crazy !!!:crowded ::r otfl: UGH !

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
AuroraRora
Princess

I would absolutely change resorts in a heartbeat if I realized in advance that I'd be at the same place as the Pop Warner kids!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
WDW1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
several nights of being awakened by screaming kids pounding on the doors and then running off in the middle of the night
After such behavior, Disney should have evicted the whole lot of them from their rooms. For the CMs to say "there are just too many of them for us to deal with" is management's fault (should be more CMs brought in to deal with it). After the first night of knocking on doors Disney should have had CMs out all night watching to catch the offenders.
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
WDW1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

What is Pop Warner week?

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1979

After such behavior, Disney should have evicted the whole lot of them from their rooms. For the CMs to say "there are just too many of them for us to deal with" is management's fault (should be more CMs brought in to deal with it). After the first night of knocking on doors Disney should have had CMs out all night watching to catch the offenders.
Agreed! Stories like that make me wish Disney was tougher on guest behavior. They should have a zero tolerance policy - behave like that and you're off the resort property, leave it to the leaders to sort out where their children will be sleeping and how they'll divide the leaders/kids around new hotels etc.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
they should place all these groups at All Star Resorts
They don't, because there are too many of them.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
What is Pop Warner week?
Pop Warner is organized football for kids, like Little League is for baseball. They have national championships every year at WDW in December. You can read more about it here.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: