Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #46
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Every day we are at the park. We usually do the dining plan.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
helpmejenny
Earning My Ears

We have had both the table service and the quick service dining plan. I don't think we will ever do the ts meal plan again. It is hard being tied down to a reservation and it is ALOT of food. The qs works so much better for our family. We have a couple Table Service restaraunts we must do but we just pay out of pocket for those couple of meals. This seems to works best for us. Plus we always do Sci-Fi for shakes and onion rings OOP. That is a must do!
helpmejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #48
bdklein
DIS Veteran

TS Every Dinner

TS every dinner. Did it when kids were 3 and 6, and 9 and 12. We stay at Monorail resort. Would probably be different if offsite or at a value resort
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #49
McKelly
DIS Veteran

In a ten day trip, about 5-6 table service, usually one breakfast, 1-2 lunches and three dinners. We don't like being tied down to reservations.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #50
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

We do at least 1 per day, sometimes 2. We always have a TS dinner and sometimes breakfast.

I forgot to add my kids are 5, 2, 2
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #51
nansmama
DIS Veteran

My kids are teenagers and we do one TS every few days. We don't care to do too many sit downs as we prefer to be on the move.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #52
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Every day of vacation. It's the way we wind down for the evening. We usually do a 6:00 or so reservation, finish about 90 minutes later, then head to a park for the evening.

We have been doing this on every vacation for as long as we have been going. My kids are now 5 and 8, but even when they were little, table service each night. It's a way for us to rehash the day, calm down, etc.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #53
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Every day we're on vacation. Although a bad habit we've yet to break is eating fast.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #54
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I have been taking my 6 yo triplets since they were 1 to Disney and we have at least 1 sit down a day. When they turned 4 yo we started doing 1 character meal in the morning and 1 signature meal a day but before that, we always did a character meals every day and a counter service. We now have a baby and this past August , we still did signature meals and character meals every day. I think that next year we will skip signatures as the baby will only be a 1yo and wait until she can understand that melt downs are not acceptable. that being said, if she continues as well as she is doing now(she' 7 months old) we will do signature also. Our sit down meal are the time of day we take to get a breath of cool air, time to talk about the good and bad things and what we will do next. It's our relax time and it's appreciated by all. My girls get tired real fast about the counter service options and I have to admit that I too get tired of it after a few days.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #55
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

We eat

1-2 table service meals a day at most. We eat breakfast in our villa or do Trails end or Olivia's. We always have our big meal of the day as a table service late lunch. We try to get the last ressie time before the transition to dinner. Sometimes we go for an evening ice cream or if I am really hungry EOS in DTD for a salad or sandwich but lunch is usually enough to fill me up.

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #56
katt789
DIS Veteran

I usually aim for 3 TS meals a trip, one dinner on arrival day, one breakfast on departure day, and one during the week! We obviously have more when we're in the dining plan with TS we did one a day.

I find its nice to have an afternoon break with good food & air conditioning in most parks we finish early, do a dinner to take up time, and then do the nighttime festivities

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #57
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdog View Post
How often do you eat table service meals and how old are your kids (if you have kids)? I'm assuming families with younger kids eat at counter service places more. Do you think table-service restaurants are worth it considering they cost more and take longer?
We eat TS meals once per day. We eat TS for our supper meal. We have tweens and teens so we don't do character meals on purpose.

I wouldn't eat a TS meal every day if we didn't have the DDP because every one of our sit down meals cost the 5 of us $200 plus tip. I would never pay that much to take my family out to eat normally but have only done it at DIsney because we had the free dining plan.

If I were paying OOP and it were just DH and myself I would still eat one TS meal every day but if it is all 5 of us, I would eat maybe 2 TS meals during the week we are there.

As far as how long it takes...our longest meal took almost 3 hours at T-Rex but that was not the norm. Most of our meals took 60-90 minutes and that was just fine. If they all took 2 hours or more we would not do the TS meals.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #58
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

We do at least one TS every day. We will usually do 1-2 breakfast and the rest will be dinners. We do not do the dining plan as we like to split meals if they are big and sometimes I order off the kids menu.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #59
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

We do at least one TS per day, minimum. That was our norm even when my DS12 was younger. I cant do QS all the time no matter how convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #60
My2Cents
Earning My Ears

We don't do TS. I don't want to have to plan where we want to eat months in advance. We also tend to go in September and it is too hot to eat very much.
My2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: