Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #31
vatali
Mouseketeer

Our DD are 9 and 3. In the past it has been 2 a day. A character meal for lunch and a nice sit down dinner. We are not rope drop folks, so when we get up its usually something quick for breakfast (like donuts) as a snack as we mosey to the parks for our lunch ADR. Then we play around for a while or go nap then go out for the dinner ADR and stay for EMH. We then close out the park and ride things when everyone else has gone home.

We have much more difficulty burning off our snacks because we dont usually eat 3 meals a day. We end up using them on bottled water or Dole Whip

May 04 - Off-site, Dec 06 - POR, Dec 07 - POFQ, Dec 09 - POR, Dec 11 - POFQ, Dec 12 - Contemporary, April 14 - DLR
vatali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #32
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We have three kids, ages 5, 12 and 13. We've been taking kids to Disney since our oldest was a year old. We usually have ADRs for lunch and dinner every day, and breakfast is either club lounge or CS with a very occasional character meal. CS is just too stressful, especially with kids. TS never takes more than an hour unless we are intentionally stretching it out by ordering one course at a time and staying for coffee.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #33
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

We didn't in the past but now doing so. We want to sit down and enjoy some time with family and not rush to get done. We did this with my niece, but she is all about quick lets get out of here.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #34
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Our kids are 9, 7, and 7. On most of our park days, we are at the park before rope drop. Our past 2 trips we used the DxDP very successfully. We plan TS for a late breakfast/early lunch and a signature TS dinner. Our children really enjoy the restaurants, and with some advance planning, they don't feel like we're missing any park time. That said, we try to have more than one day in each park so we aren't as rushed to get everything done.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #35
tlkscott
Mouseketeer

For our next trip we are planning on doing the deluxe plan and doing CM in the parks before open and then dinner. Our four year old is used to eating out as we are major foodies.
tlkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #36
chamonix

Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdog View Post
How often do you eat table service meals and how old are your kids (if you have kids)? I'm assuming families with younger kids eat at counter service places more. Do you think table-service restaurants are worth it considering they cost more and take longer?
Every night. Sometimes a late lunch instead of dinner (depending on our plans for parades, fireworks etc). We've been doing this since we've been going to WDW when dd was about 3--4yo. She's almost 16yo now.

Kids don't learn unless you take them and teach them. That being said, some kids just aren't ready to sit in a restaurant for an hour+. You know your kids best. For us, we enjoy the time sitting down as a family to eat together and it's always been a wonderful part of our vacations.

I also think, yes, they are worth it. Taking longer is a nice break from the chaos of the parks and costing more just means better food to me, lol. YMMV, of course.
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #37
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We are all adults and we always do 1TS meal per day. We buy groceries and do a quick breakfast in the room, then usually CS lunch and a TS dinner. We enjoy the Disney restaurants and they are part of the total Disney vacation experience.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #38
2manypets
DIS Veteran

We do 2TS a day, lunch and dinner. I only make ADR's for the most important ones ( which is about 3 - 4 ADR's) and just do walk ups for the rest. I don't like being tied down to ressies either.
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #39
meredith1
DIS Veteran

My children will be 5, 3 & 3 when we go to the world next time. We do the deluxe dining plan and do a character meal on most morning before the park opens and a TS (usually a signature) restaurant in the evening w/ a snack credit somewhere during the day.

Since we are early risers and have our breakfast before the park opens I don't feel like we take to much time out. Our evening meal generally takes an hour or so...

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We started going to Disney when our boys were 6 & 8 (they are now 17 & 19) and we always do (and have always done) a TS for dinner every night, with a TS breakfast on our checkout day as well as 1 or 2 others throughout the week.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #41
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Usually like once a day. One or two days without and usually we'll end up with a day with 2 TS. Mostly character breakfasts with maybe two dinners in the mix. We don't do the dining plan anymore. My kids are 6, 4, and 3.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

We plan 1 TS per day. We have 4 kids 8 and under (soon to be 5 kids.) I am a very good planner. We pick our park days and general itinerary for rides to avoid crowds. We plan a sit down lunch or dinner each day depending on our plans. We always hit a park at opening and do most of our riding then. We take an afternoon break. We'll either eat a TS lunch right before our break or a TS dinner when we return. The late afternoon/evenings are for less crowded attractions and shows/parades. It works very well for us!

We have even done DxDDP in the past. It was nice to try once, but it was too much time in the restaurants for us and too much food! We do the best price-wise with the TIW card.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #43
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We do a TS breakfast early in the morning and a TS dinner later in the evening.

We'll grab a QS or hefty snack in between
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #44
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

We've always had at least one TS per day, usually 2. My children are 13 and 8 and we've been going for 11 years now. So out of the 14 days, we would eat 2 TS meals per day for about 8-10 days and the rest is only once (usually 4-6 Signature dinners and they are usually early dinners).

My children are used to long restaurant dinners. When they were small, we brought some activity books for them to do when they've finished the ones the restaurant provides.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #45
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

We do maybe 5 in a 10 day vacation...like every other day. We now always have a villa with a full kitchen so we usually eat two meals in the suite.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: