Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #76
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
I just finished reading your last TR and I'm super excited for this one! You and Mark are so cute, and I love the hat pics! :D
thank you for joining. Awww...you are very sweet to say we are cute. There will be plenty of hat pictures in this TR as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the new TR! Sorry it took me so long to get over here. Great intro, looking forward to the TR!
Tink, I knew you'd get here when you could. Thanks for joining.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,524

Just checking in for an update. I know one must be coming soon.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #78
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Just checking in for an update. I know one must be coming soon.
Update coming up.

I wrapped presents, baked cookies, wrote out Christmas cards, cleaned house and downloaded the rest of my pictures. Plus I ordered the photopass CD which I should have this week...I'll take it a little slow until I get the photopass because we have pictures on it from the first day.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #79
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer
 
SunLuvr321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Posts: 113

Joining in. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
__________________


2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #80
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Update coming up.

I wrapped presents, baked cookies, wrote out Christmas cards, cleaned house and downloaded the rest of my pictures. Plus I ordered the photopass CD which I should have this week...I'll take it a little slow until I get the photopass because we have pictures on it from the first day.
You're several steps ahead of me this holiday. If I don't get my behind in gear, there will be no Christmas cards going out this year.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #81
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,746

Wednesday, December 5

So after what had to be the longest day in history at work, it was finally time to catch the train and meet Mark. I was taking him to Steak & Shake so that Andy and Des could get everything set up. Luckily, Andy had a cancellation of a private lesson, otherwise, he wouldn't have been ready until 7:45 p.m.

We finally pulled into the driveway at around 7:05 p.m. My stomach was killing me...really bad pains, but I assumed it was just the stress of finally revealing the huge secret. I texted Andy that we were home and would be up in a minute. So the poor kid started videotaping. Little did we know, that after my husband took his shoes off, emptied his pocket, went to the bathroom that he would have to go and turn every single Christmas light on in the house. He was killing me...and Andy!

We finally got upstairs and he then proceeded to "his" bedroom to turn on the Christmas light in that window and then headed to Andy's room. I stopped him in the knick of time...Andy and Des had their suitcases in there all packed. I said, leave it...let's get changed...the dog is heavy (I was holding Cookie).

We got to our bedroom door and Mark saw this:



He walked in the bedroom confused and then saw the suitcase on the bed with a poster and just shrugged his shoulders as if saying "what the heck is going on?"

He proceed to read Poster #2



and the fun began. As many of you already know, I couldn't post the video on the DIS because my wonderful husband decided to slip and say two profanity words. For those who have not seen it on FB and want to see it, send me a PM and I will send you the link for the Youtube video.

Andy put this little guy in the suitcase to add to the excitement:



Mark asked if Nicki and Todd were coming and I told him that Todd had his Christmas party and it was a two-day event over the weekend and they couldn't make it.

After all the excitement, hugs and kisses, we changed our clothes and drove over to my mom's so I could give my brother my car. He was bringing himself and mom over on Thursday to stay at the house with Cookie while we were gone.

We got back home and it was time to pack. I have NEVER in my life packed so hastily and ended up forgetting a few things...but, luckily, nothing vital.

The kids were watching a movie, but I needed to get to bed because my stomach was really hurting and I had to be up at 5:00 to get ready and finish the last minute packing and then be sure everyone else was up and ready to leave around 6:30.

Thursday, December 6

I was up at 4:45 because I couldn't sleep...my stomach still hurt pretty bad but I hoped it would go away once we got moving and we were on our way. Poor Mark said he didn't sleep at all...he was too excited. We were out the door at 6:20 and our first stop on the way to Midway Airport was here:



We arrived at Midway in plenty of time and parked the car in the long term parking garage (Andy and I would split the $84 charge for the nights we had the car there). Our parking spot which we noted because we knew we'd forget:



Some decorations from the airport as we moved to the Southwest counter to check our bags:





Bags checked, it was off to security and our gate.





We zipped through security in under five minutes...it was awesome.

Mark, Andy and Des went to get some coffee while I sat with the carryons. We had about 45 minutes left to boarding when they came back.

Our transportation to Orlando:



Do you think someone was excited about this surprise trip?



We took off right on time and had a smooth flight all the way. After we reached the proper altitude, they came around with snacks and Mark decided to be creative:



Some pictures while in flight:





I listened to my on my Ipod and soon we were hearing the magical words: we are about to start our descent into Orlando, so please put your table tops up, put your seat in the upright position and fasten your seatbelts.

We landed about 5 minutes early and I immediately texted Nicki that we had landed. It took a while to get off the plane because we had a handicapped person in front of the plane that they had to assist, but it wasn't long before we were off the plane.

The fake monorail:



Me with our wonderful son, Andy in front of MCO's Christmas tree:



First Mickey sighting:



Then I found some "Goofy" people:



We found the sign to lead us to the ME and Des was trying to contain her excitement:



And we followed the Mickey heads:



Before we knew it, we were here:



Up next, do we get a REAL ME bus and we give Mark surprise #2.
__________________

Last edited by KatMark; 01-03-2013 at 08:47 AM.
KatMark is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #82
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark

Update coming up.

I wrapped presents, baked cookies, wrote out Christmas cards, cleaned house and downloaded the rest of my pictures. Plus I ordered the photopass CD which I should have this week...I'll take it a little slow until I get the photopass because we have pictures on it from the first day.
That is a full weekend! Can't wait to read an update, but with the holidays, it does make it hard to juggle everything .
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,746

I totally forgot to save a page for the index, so I have the index for updates at the end of the first post (the introduction post).
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #84
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,125

I'm so glad the suprise went well and I really enjoyed watching the video! Looks like your trip is off to a great start!
Pluto0809 is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #85
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark
Wednesday, December 5

So after what had to be the longest day in history at work, it was finally time to catch the train and meet Mark. I was taking him to Steak & Shake so that Andy and Des could get everything set up. Luckily, Andy had a cancellation of a private lesson, otherwise, he wouldn't have been ready until 7:45 p.m.

We finally pulled into the driveway at around 7:05 p.m. My stomach was killing me...really bad pains, but I assumed it was just the stress of finally revealing the huge secret. I texted Andy that we were home and would be up in a minute. So the poor kid started videotaping. Little did we know, that after my husband took his shoes off, emptied his pocket, went to the bathroom that he would have to go and turn every single Christmas light on in the house. He was killing me...and Andy!

We finally got upstairs and he then proceeded to "his" bedroom to turn on the Christmas light in that window and then headed to Andy's room. I stopped him in the knick of time...Andy and Des had their suitcases in there all packed. I said, leave it...let's get changed...the dog is heavy (I was holding Cookie).

We got to our bedroom door and Mark saw this:

He walked in the bedroom confused and then saw the suitcase on the bed with a poster and just shrugged his shoulders as if saying "what the heck is going on?"

He proceed to read Poster #2

and the fun began. As many of you already know, I couldn't post the video on the DIS because my wonderful husband decided to slip and say two profanity words. For those who have not seen it on FB and want to see it, send me a PM and I will send you the link for the Youtube video.

Andy put this little guy in the suitcase to add to the excitement:

Mark asked if Nicki and Todd were coming and I told him that Todd had his Christmas party and it was a two-day event over the weekend and they couldn't make it.

After all the excitement, hugs and kisses, we changed our clothes and drove over to my mom's so I could give my brother my car. He was bringing himself and mom over on Thursday to stay at the house with Cookie while we were gone.

We got back home and it was time to pack. I have NEVER in my life packed so hastily and ended up forgetting a few things...but, luckily, nothing vital.

The kids were watching a movie, but I needed to get to bed because my stomach was really hurting and I had to be up at 5:00 to get ready and finish the last minute packing and then be sure everyone else was up and ready to leave around 6:30.

Thursday, December 6

I was up at 4:45 because I couldn't sleep...my stomach still hurt pretty bad but I hoped it would go away once we got moving and we were on our way. Poor Mark said he didn't sleep at all...he was too excited. We were out the door at 6:20 and our first stop on the way to Midway Airport was here:

We arrived at Midway in plenty of time and parked the car in the long term parking garage (Andy and I would split the $84 charge for the nights we had the car there). Our parking spot which we noted because we knew we'd forget:

Some decorations from the airport as we moved to the Southwest counter to check our bags:

Bags checked, it was off to security and our gate.

We zipped through security in under five minutes...it was awesome.

Mark, Andy and Des went to get some coffee while I sat with the carryons. We had about 45 minutes left to boarding when they came back.

Our transportation to Orlando:

Do you think someone was excited about this surprise trip?

We took off right on time and had a smooth flight all the way. After we reached the proper altitude, they came around with snacks and Mark decided to be creative:

Some pictures while in flight:

I listened to my on my Ipod and soon we were hearing the magical words: we are about to start our descent into Orlando, so please put your table tops up, put your seat in the upright position and fasten your seatbelts.

We landed about 5 minutes early and I immediately texted Nicki that we had landed. It took a while to get off the plane because we had a handicapped person in front of the plane that they had to assist, but it wasn't long before we were off the plane.

The fake monorail:

Me with our wonderful son, Andy in front of MCO's Christmas tree:

First Mickey sighting:

Then I found some "Goofy" people:

We found the sign to lead us to the ME and Des was trying to contain her excitement:

And we followed the Mickey heads:

Before we knew it, we were here:

Up next, do we get a REAL ME bus and we give Mark surprise #2.
I loves the reveal video!

I hope your stomach was ok and not something more than nerves/excitement

Very nice cookie creation that Mark made

I love that tree in front in mco and the pic of you and Andy in front if it is wonderful!.

Great start!!!
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #86
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,819

fun photos of your departure day! hope your stomach finally settled down!

Mark does look like one happy dude! and I love the photo of you two on the plane
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #87
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,391

Oh no! Not stomach pains before a Disney trip. Hopefully, they were gone by the time you got to Orlando. Everybody looks so excited to be headed to the most magical place on Earth!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #88
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Little did we know, that after my husband took his shoes off, emptied his pocket, went to the bathroom that he would have to go and turn every single Christmas light on in the house. He was killing me...and Andy!
It's almost like he knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
As many of you already know, I couldn't post the video on the DIS because my wonderful husband decided to slip and say two profanity words.
I don't even know what would come out of my mouth if my DW ever surprised me with a trip to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We were out the door at 6:20 and our first stop on the way to Midway Airport was here:

Show of hands... who's surprised????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Our parking spot which we noted because we knew we'd forget:
I take that picture every time I fly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Up next, do we get a REAL ME bus
If not, you should refuse to board until they give you a real one.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #89
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,524

So, when exactly DID you stomach stop hurting - the moment you were in the air and there was no turning back?????

I love your surprise and Mark looks thrilled to be taking an unplanned trip to WDW. That's so awesome.

I love the MCO Christmas trip. Let see - there's the MK tree, the Epcot tree, the HS tree, the AK tree AND the MCO tree. Can't forget that one!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #90
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,653

Love the pictures and the video is hilarious. Too bad for Mark's free flowing mouth.

YEAH!!!! Flight was on time!

I can't say that I am surprised that Starbucks made the first update.

I can't wait till MArk finds out about Todd & Nicki. Oh wait... I saw that too.
that's nice is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.