Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #151
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
oohhhh noooo you got me a bit worried here. I will be booking our November 2013 trip in the next few days and it's between POR, and CSR.

Hopefully it was nothing too major of a problem for you.
Unless they move Pop Warner to Nov, you should be good.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #152
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I haven't been on the DIS for months but I had to read your TR since we were all so excited for your surprise trip! Will try to get back into the swing of DISing in 2013! I miss my DIS friends that aren't my FB friends!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #153
Haileys Nana
Mouseketeer

Kathy,
Better late than never I suppose. I just subscribed to your trip report and am all caught up now. I love that you surprised Mark with this trip. That's fabulous. We were at Disney last year before Christmas. The decorations were wonderful and I was like a 3 year old at Osbourne lights. Soooooo beautiful! Words and pics do not do it justice do they.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #154
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Awesome about getting a real ME bus... And loved the surprise that you and Nicki pulled off - it couldn't have been more perfect!

Kind of curious why your room location was an issue this time... I've never stayed at CSR, so...

D~
Old 12-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #155
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay a real ME bus! I'm so excited to finally be trying the ME in February!

Ahhh I'm so glad the surprise with Nicki went so perfect! I love the video!

The Dolphin looks so pretty, I really love that tree!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #156
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

What a fun update! Even though I've turned into a deluxe snob , I have often thought fondly of CSR and I'm looking forward to returning in a couple weeks.

Great video! You gotta love Nicki! She's just one of those people who, right away, you feel like you've known forever! I was so happy to run into her and Todd in October.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #157
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I will respond to everyone later (running to the mall...heaven help us...for a few last minute Christmas gifts).

But I wanted to take a moment to tell you that the DIS lost a wonderful person today. Her name was Tracy (she was manntra here on the DIS). I never had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, but we were FB friends and we exchanged messages and comments on FB. She was a lovely woman who fought hard against her cancer. Rest in Peace my friend...you will be truly missed.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #158
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Mark and I sat in the front row, and Andy and Des sat behind us. We waited about 10 minutes for the bus to load and we were on our way. Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast.

My phone was dying fast too, I was impatiently waiting for you guys to land and get moving!

Todd and Nicki were at lunch at their resort and I told them they best get over to Coronado pronto so that we could surprise Mark.

We never ate so fast in our life! So glad we beat you guys and we had time to spare and shopped in the gift shop and sat by the bar outside

I texted Nicki one more time and said "we are here." She was instructed to sit on the opposite side of the fountain where Mark would not see her when we walked in. We proceeded to head toward the registration desk to check in, with Mark leading the way. This was NOT planned and I'm not sure why he did it...I always check us in since I do all of the planning. But it worked out, because as I slowly walked behind him, the following happened:

(Click on picture to see video).

I just love that video! All of our planning and plotting for six months went out the window the night before when Todd surprised me with leaving a day earlier! Meeting at the resort was perfect, I just wish he didnt turn around so fast

I had tears in my eyes yet again because my husband was on because his Nicki was there. The surprise was now complete and it had all worked out perfectly.

That was the best hug ever...followed by your best hug ever! He looked shocked and thrilled to see me coming at him!

Todd and Nicki went back to their resort to freshen up and we did the same with the plans that we'd meet them at the Dolphin at 5 p.m.

I hated leaving you but it was just for 2 hours lol
The decorations at the CSR and the Dolphin were so beautiful...in all the trips for the holidays we never thought to make it over to the Swanphin to check them out, so glad we did!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #159
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I don't get tired watching the little video of Mark meeting Nicki, it's too cute.
I never get tired of watching it either Karin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wasn't Mark getting kind of curious why you were texting so much?? Or is seeing you texting about as typical as seeing you with a Starbucks cup?
Mark is used to the two of us texting, calling, emailing, Facebooking etc...He might think it odd if she wasnt texting me lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great video! You gotta love Nicki! She's just one of those people who, right away, you feel like you've known forever! I was so happy to run into her and Todd in October.
Isnt that a cute video! I wish it was longer because goodness knows we stood there for a long time hugging and chatting it up! Those are such sweet words and from the moment I saw you at Cape May I felt like we knew each other too! Loved seeing you at F&W, hope we can catch up in WDW again sometime....and have the bestest time ever on your holiday trip with Max!

Quote:
But I wanted to take a moment to tell you that the DIS lost a wonderful person today. Her name was Tracy (she was manntra here on the DIS). I never had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person, but we were FB friends and we exchanged messages and comments on FB. She was a lovely woman who fought hard against her cancer. Rest in Peace my friend...you will be truly missed.
I am so sorry for your loss Kathy, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #160
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Yay for 1st row and a real ME bus!

I loved watching the video with Nicki again and again and again!

Boo for Pop Warner ruining CSR for you....although I am intrigued to hear the details.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Peace be with all.
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #161
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Great update and loved the suprise! You have me curious to know what didn't go so well for you over there....hmmmmm. Too many conventioners staying in your favorite spot?

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 12-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #162
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will respond to everyone later (running to the mall...heaven help us...for a few last minute Christmas gifts).

Sorry for the loss of your friend Kathy

Hope the mall wasn't too awful
Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #163
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
I sent you a PM with the link to the video on Youtube...hope you got it.

Please don't worry about being late...we've not gotten too far yet.
I got it, LOVED it and responded...That was such a great surprise. I can only imagine how excited Mark was to find out instead of what he had planned for the next few days he was ACTUALLY going to the happiest place on EARTH! SO exciting dear friend. KUDOS on pulling it off!

I am truly sorry about your friend Kathy.

Last edited by blessedmom4; 12-20-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #164
MEK
DIS Veteran

Such a great surprise.

Can I just say I love that tree at the Dolphin!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #165
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I watched the video three times...and I smiled three times. He is one happy man! Gotta love these feel good moments in life to carry us through normal life and tough times.

Thoughts and prayers have come from all over for Tracy's family. I hope they get just a glimpse of what she had going with her DIS community.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: