Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #136
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
If your household is like mine, just because you baked 200 cookies doesn't mean you still have 200 cookies left. I hope this isn't what you mean by your "wiped out."
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #137
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the surprise story and seeing you on your way! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks, Karin...more coming up today (I hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
enjoyed the update...i also enjoyed the video the even though the beginning i had to make a sandwich and eat it before he came into the room.

Yes, it took him a very LONG time to get to the room.

she says that to everyone not on page one
You are so bad, Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay for an update !! Looking forward to reading more !!
Thanks, Susan. I hope the boss doesn't bother me too much today so I can do an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Now I understand why the door was video taped so long before Mark came in The excitemnet and surprises have began !!!!
Rosie, I was going to get a year older at the rate he was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
luvin the update glad the surprise went down well. I loved his happy dance in the video.
His happy dance made me teary-eyed...I was so happy it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine1109 View Post
Loved the update can't wait to read more!!!
Thanks, Elaine, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
ACK!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I cannot wait to hear all about the rest! You can totally see the excitement on Mark's face... This was just the most awesome thing... I see kids surprised all of the time, but I have never seen a full grown kid surprised - FANTASTIC!!!!!

D~
Hi, D. Doesn't he just look like a little kid in a candy store? I love that man!
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #138
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
.....ooh no to a stomach ache that didnt go away

You all look so happy and excited!

Did they always have Micky heads on the floor? We always get turned around in the aiirport headed to ME.
It was the most annoying stomach pain...I was getting a little worried there for awhile. We were happy and excited. It's only my third time using ME and I'd heard about the Mickey heads but never seen them. Don't worry...we got turned around for the ME on this trip too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Saw the post on FB. I am never here anymore. But here I need to be for this!!! And for you to start our PTR soon
Loved the video and the profanity Yay for a smooth flight and arrival. Des looks excited! Can't wait for more.
Well, there you are! I was wondering where you have been. I'll start a PTR IF I get those dates off...keeping all limbs crossed until the date I can submit.

Would you have ever expected that profanity out of Mr. Mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The video was priceless! I love hearing you yell at him about the lights before the door opened.

Jill in CO
Thanks, Jill. I really was ready to strangle him at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
We loved the videos...Todd said "I thought Kathy had the potty mouth" LOL! Yeah, like Mark is innocent ha ha

Todd is in big trouble with me. ; Mark is far from innocent...he is very mischievious at times.

Great pictures of your pre-Hildebrant arrival....cannot wait to see the ones of the aftermath

Do you know I don't think there is a single picture AFTER you guys showed up and we were hugging and kissing. I think we just got it on video.

Your tummy trouble and my back trouble had everyone worried....we are just getting too old! And miraculously they both went away as quickly as they appeared!
Thankfully, they both went away...eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I can't believe I didn't see your TR sooner and already on page 9!! What a fun surprise
delighted to have you here. It was a fun surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on the surprise going as planned!!

Love the creative Mickey!
Thanks, Tanz...I'm so happy it turned out.

Quote:
Kathy, I am already loving this trip report. Your reports are among those here on the DIS I check on all the time. I haven't seen the "reveal" video but I did see the one on the new CSR thread where MickeyNicki and her husband surprise Mark, AWESOME!!!!
Thanks, Bob. You warm my heart with your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I'm here Kathy, just very late to the party...VERY excited to TRY and keep up, this was such an amazing gift. You are the best!
I sent you a PM with the link to the video on Youtube...hope you got it.

Please don't worry about being late...we've not gotten too far yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in late on this one

You are off to a great start - what a cool suprise, I can't wait to read all about your trip
Linda, I am thrilled you are here. Thank you so much for joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Great start!! Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks; working on an update which I hope to post this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Kathy,

Mark is so cute... like a little kid...

He is....he's an "older" man with a kids heart.

I don't think I could forget my car with that crazy Uncle Sam poster right by it... but who knows when its that early...

Trust me, when we got back to the airport, we weren't sure where we were going.

YOU KNOW I'm totally with you on MUST HAVE MY STARBUCKS...

I'm drinking my Starbucks now as I do replies.

(do you fly out of Chicago? How long is that flight?)

Yes, we fly out of Chicago. We normally fly out of O'Hare, but it was cheaper to go Midway this trip. It is about 2-1/2 hours going and 3 hours coming home (tailwinds?)

I love the photos in the Orlando Airport... Isn't it like a tease... pre Disney excitement... but you know you're almost there...?
Once you land at MCO, you know you are so very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love it!
, welcome to my TR. I hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
6 pages already, but I'm here!!!

Oh no on the tummy pains...I hope they went away!

Looking forward to it all!
Hi, Brook; I'm glad you found me. They went away....eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Yay! Arrival day is so much fun The walk down to the ME seems so long, but you don't mind it a bit on arrival.....now the return walk takes FOREVER!

I just love the snack mix that Southwest has....I have looked and looked in the grocery stores and I can't find it. Some sort of Ritz mix or something. Yum!
I find that whenever we land at MCO I'm even more anxious and the walk to ME or to the rental car counter seems like it will never end. But you are right...don't mind a bit because I know our final destination is in sight.

This is the first time we've flown Southwest and we enjoyed the snacks (United you don't get anything anymore...just a drink). They had other things they were passing out...we had some Pop Warner kids on the plane (we just couldn't get rid of them or their parents) and they kept asking for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hope your tummy was better after the flight Kathy!! I love the mickey head made from the in-flight snack!!!
Not quite after the flight, but it did eventually get better. My husband cracks me up with his "playing."
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #140
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update, loved reading about the surprise, it's awesome that you guys pulled it off and kept it a secret for so long!

Arrival Day is always so much fun, but I bet this one was even more special knowing there was still the Nicki and Todd surprise coming up! Can't wait to read more!
Jen, I'm not sure how we managed to keep our lips shut for six months.

This arrival had a lot of extra excitement to it...that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Ahhhhh so exciting about the reveal! I am impressed you kept the secret even though Mark was taking forever to get to the bed room! I probably would have burst out in frustration! Looks like your arrival went smoothly! Can't wait to see more!
Trust me, I wanted to shout to him to get his butt upstairs because we had something he HAD to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I have to say that I loved the video! You all did an excellent job with the surprise!

Glad you've landed safely, but I'm sorry your stomach was bothering you...hope that went away as soon as you landed.
Thanks, Tina...it was all worth it in the end. The stomach thing was annoying, but it eventually goes away...just not the first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
I am in!
; thank you for joining. I hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Haha I want you to send me the link on Facebook!! I love profanity, lol! Its funny
I will send you the link for the youtube in a private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm a bit late, but hopefully I won't fall too far behind on this TR.

I think surprise trips are always so exciting to read, I can't even imagine how exciting it must be to live it!
Mel, I'm so happy you found me...thanks for joining. It was fun and frustrating at the same time...so hard to keep it to ourselves for six months.

Quote:
If your household is like mine, just because you baked 200 cookies doesn't mean you still have 200 cookies left. I hope this isn't what you mean by your "wiped out."
Bob, that is way too funny. Actually, since Mark helps me stir because my arm gets tired, he gets rewarded with cookies while I bake...he likes them hot and fresh right out of the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
OH MY! Thats a bunch of cookies. I have yet to start my list for cookie trays this year. I just don't know if I have it in me. I too make dozens upon dozens of cookies.
I'm at the point if I look at one more cookie I might just lose my next meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Oh my word!! 200 cookies?!!

Yes, coffee or lunch soon! I will be off work for a week after Christmas Eve...did you want to try to do something during your lunch break or is after work better, more relaxed?
I will PM you and we will work on a date...I really want to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I thought it was funny too.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First Day, Part 2

I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus:

Mark and I sat in the front row, and Andy and Des sat behind us. We waited about 10 minutes for the bus to load and we were on our way. Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast.

Todd and Nicki were at lunch at their resort and I told them they best get over to Coronado pronto so that we could surprise Mark.

While on the bus, I took a few pictures:

In no time at all, we were passing under ALL of our favorite arches:

I texted Nicki one more time and said "we are here." She was instructed to sit on the opposite side of the fountain where Mark would not see her when we walked in. We proceeded to head toward the registration desk to check in, with Mark leading the way. This was NOT planned and I'm not sure why he did it...I always check us in since I do all of the planning. But it worked out, because as I slowly walked behind him, the following happened:

(Click on picture to see video).

I had tears in my eyes yet again because my husband was on because his Nicki was there. The surprise was now complete and it had all worked out perfectly.

I got in the check-in line while everyone visited and proceeded to get the info for our room. They gave Mark a birthday button and balloons upon check in. We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.

Todd and Nicki went back to their resort to freshen up and we did the same with the plans that we'd meet them at the Dolphin at 5 p.m.

A few pictures of our room:

We all unpacked are carry-ons (Andy and I lived out of our suitcases and we let Des and Mark have the drawers). We charged our phones and camera batteries for awhile. We then walked to El Centro and asked the CM to get us a cab to take us to the Dolphin (I think the total was $12.50 with the tip).

While waiting for Todd and Nicki to arrive from their room, we took some pictures in the lobby of the Dolphin:

We then proceeded to walk to The Beach Club for our first meal as a group of six celebrating Mark's 60th birthday.

Up next, dinner at a new place for us

Last edited by KatMark; 12-19-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #142
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah, an update and I am already home to catch it.

I don't get tired watching the little video of Mark meeting Nicki, it's too cute.

Problems with the room does not sound too promising though, but I hope it did not interfere with you enjoying the resort and WDW.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #143
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm glad everything worked out great since Mark went first. Seeing the room pictures makes me homesick for CSR, though Pop Century has been a decent substitute. I'm glad you got Casitas 4! I'm sorry to hear the experience was a nightmare. Are they staying there next year? Was it the rugrats or the chaperones? Our last stay at All Star Sports was when that group was at that resort. Vowed never again to stay at the same resort!

The tree at the Dolphin is beautiful.

Just seeing the archways to WDW give that warm fuzzy feeling. There is another set of arches that is longer across. I love the little ToT billboard with the mechanical tower swaying just before it.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #145
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The rooms at Coronado are so pretty. I love the style there.

Can't wait to see all of the Christmas decorations! The Dolphin tree is great!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #146
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

WooHoo for a real ME bus!! And you got the front row, which is nice.

Nice to hear the background for the surprise arrival of Nikki and Todd, since I saw the video when you shared it on your PTR.

And that tree at the Dolphin is gorgeous!!! I didn't make it over there, so I'm glad you took pictures of it!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #147
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus:
for the real bus! I hate it when you get stuck with the yellow Mears bus. I know it's the same thing, but it feels like a disappointment anyway.

Quote:
I had tears in my eyes yet again because my husband was on because his Nicki was there. The surprise was now complete and it had all worked out perfectly.

Quote:
Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.
Uh oh. You didn't have the same room as Andy, did you?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #148
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Yay! looking forward to your PM.

Oh my word...what a sap I am!! I had tears watching Surprise #2!! Again!! I have seen it several times and just love, love, love it. The reaction was great and there's just a warm feel-good vibe about the whole thing.

Well you said nightmare about CSR but I hope it wasn't enough of one to ruin any part of your visit there.

The Dolphin tree is amazing...just beautiful!!

Looking forward to the next update....hope work is slow for you so we can read another one soon!!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #149
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
I got in the check-in line while everyone visited and proceeded to get the info for our room. They gave Mark a birthday button and balloons upon check in. We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.
oohhhh noooo you got me a bit worried here. I will be booking our November 2013 trip in the next few days and it's between POR, and CSR.

Hopefully it was nothing too major of a problem for you.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 12-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #150
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I left you off that we had just arrived in line for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado. And we were the FIRST in line and we got a real bus

Quote:
Nicki and I were texting each other back and forth. In fact, we were doing it so much, that my phone was losing charge really fast.
Wasn't Mark getting kind of curious why you were texting so much?? Or is seeing you texting about as typical as seeing you with a Starbucks cup?

Quote:
Best Birthday Ever.

Quote:
We were assigned Casitas 4, with a pool view. Casitas 4 is one of our favorite locations at the Coronado...unfortunately, this time it turned into a nightmare...but more on that later.
Hmmm... This story sounds oddly familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Uh oh. You didn't have the same room as Andy, did you?
I was Cabanas 8A. I'm thinking my buddy from our first night might have been looking for Casitas 4 though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: