Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
owl0306
Mouseketeer

Contemporary Garden Wing

How far is the walk from the garden wing to the tower and to the walkway to MK? TIA! Also do the garden wings have elevators or is it like okw?
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

It has been quite a few years since we stayed in a Garden Wing room. There were elevators in the section we were in. It was a walk to the main building and it is the opposite end of the property from the walkway to MK.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
owl0306
Mouseketeer

ty I finally saw map and it does look like a far walk thanks so much for your response
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
DisLUV
DIS Veteran

Stayed there in Sept

My DW and I stayed there for week in September. It is a unique part of the property but we prefer the tower. It is very handy if you are wanting to spend alot of time by the pool, however it is a walk to the main building to eat or get drinks. it is also a walk to the bus stop and the MK... Not a bad place to stay but if I am going to pay to stay at the CR, we would prefer to stay in the main building.

Just our opinions.
DIS Dad's Club Member
DisLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
How far is the walk from the garden wing to the tower and to the walkway to MK? TIA! Also do the garden wings have elevators or is it like okw?
About 50-100 feet to the CR from the wing building. They are directly adjacent to each other. Kind of like the outer buildings are in relationship to the main building at the GF. The wing building is probably closer than Bay Lake Tower is to the main tower building.

So the walkway from the Tower bldg to the MK is about 100 feet shorter.

The wing building has elevators. But it is only three floors high, so the stairs are easy.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I have stayed in the farthest out room in the wing, and walking at a normal pace I was still to the 4th floor of the tower in under five minutes. As far as walking to MK, it took maybe 2-3 minutes longer depending on whether I cut through the tower on the ground floor or walked around the tower outside. Cutting through didn't take quite as long.

My main beef with the tower are the elevators. They are too small and too slow. I was on the 9th floor last summer, and we actually took the stairs down each time because the elevator situation was so bad. The wing does have two elevators (in separate parts of the wing) but with three floors I seldom use them because the stairs are so quick.

The biggest difference is that the wing rooms do not have balconies and the tower rooms do. Otherwise the size, layout and decor are the same for the tower rooms and the wing rooms.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Maps can be deceptive. Althoug we've never stayed at CR, when we stay at WL we take the resort boat over to CR and the boat dock is further then the wing from tower and it only takes us 5 min to walk over to the tower. so I don't understand the feeling that its a hike?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
si-am
DIS Veteran

Not a long walk at all. Probably takes just as long to the lobby or food court from a tower room if you take elevators into account.

(maybe an exaggeration, but it's really not far at all!)
Old 12-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

I absolutely love the Garden wing and did not think the walk to the main tower or MK was bad at all. We had a first floor room with a view of the pool and lake.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: