Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
Husurdady
Dad-2-4 Dh-2-1 of 45yrs.
 
Husurdady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: INDIANA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
That must be dependent on the sailing. When 7As pop up on my cruise (Easter 7 Day Western) right now they are going for about $1,000 less than 5cs for 2A.

.
You very well could be correct .....I was think of my Oct,2013 Dream cruise. I'll have to check on our May ,10 2014 7-d western price difference.
__________________
Don & Kathy
Husurdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,437

What ship is this?


Someone I know was in a 5C on the Wonder and the verandah looked like this. I thought it was great because it provided protection from the wind on sea days.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
tiggernpooh
Walt is my hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 103

The Category 7A has a Navigator's veranda - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...reamstaterooms - but our room is a 5C - standard balcony (just with this "restricted" view, as some are calling it, but no price difference than any other 5C).
__________________
Imagineer Wanna-Be
tiggernpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran
 
Chee Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 682

I think I am booked in one if these 'obstructed' view rooms. We have a connecting room with my parents. I am hoping to open the divider between the two verandas to have one big veranda. I think this beam is located right between our two rooms (7590 and 7588 ). It sure would be nice not to have this 2 foot beam located right in the middle. I'm seriously considering trying to change rooms now.
__________________
DH, Me, DS(9), DD(4)
Summer 1981, July 1988, Dec 1993, Oct 1994, Aug 1996 - WDW offsite
Sept 2008 - Beach Club
April 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Nov 2012 - DCL Magic

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #20
jahber
DIS Veteran
 
jahber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick
I think I am booked in one if these 'obstructed' view rooms. We have a connecting room with my parents. I am hoping to open the divider between the two verandas to have one big veranda. I think this beam is located right between our two rooms (7590 and 7588 ). It sure would be nice not to have this 2 foot beam located right in the middle. I'm seriously considering trying to change rooms now.
We had almost the exact same situation (although in a 4B) and I honestly didn't notice the barrier until I was chatting with our neighbors. They had adjoining rooms without the barrier and I could see the difference. But let me also add that I had sailed twice in the very recent past in non-"obstructed" verandahs. And as I said, the obstruction didn't catch my eye until I saw my neighbors' verandah. So it was no big deal for us. In any case, we were pixie-dusted so I wouldn't have complained anyway. I say it's not worth the bother. Have a great cruise!
__________________
Wonder 7-night Alaska 9/13
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran
 
Stinasmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 1,288

Along these lines...

Can anyone tell me about (or better yet have a picture of) room 8674 on the Fantasy, cat. 7A "obstructed view" veranda??

I asked our TA for the least expensive veranda room but didn't think we'd get a 7A... was thinking of a 5C,D, E or whatever...

Would love any input!

Thanks!
__________________

DCL Wonder to Alaska 6/18/2012
DCL Eastern 3/2011, US/IOA, Discovery Cove
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom
Can anyone tell me about (or better yet have a picture of) room 8674 on the Fantasy, cat. 7A "obstructed view" veranda??

I asked our TA for the least expensive veranda room but didn't think we'd get a 7A... was thinking of a 5C,D, E or whatever...

Would love any input!

Thanks!
You can check the stateroom report to get an idea about it.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran
 
Stinasmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Posts: 1,288

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
You can check the stateroom report to get an idea about it.
Yea, did that. TA sent it to us too.
I also found it on the link above that shows pix of the ship and corresponding room numbers. Looks like the veranda is almost 1/2 blocked by a white wall.

But, as DH pointed out, it's the upwind (forward) section that has the white wall so as to block out cigarette smoke from nearby!
Here's hoping!!

Would still love it if anyone who has been in one of these obstructed view 7A rooms has any info! TIA!

__________________

DCL Wonder to Alaska 6/18/2012
DCL Eastern 3/2011, US/IOA, Discovery Cove
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #24
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom

Yea, did that. TA sent it to us too.
I also found it on the link above that shows pix of the ship and corresponding room numbers. Looks like the veranda is almost 1/2 blocked by a white wall.

But, as DH pointed out, it's the upwind (forward) section that has the white wall so as to block out cigarette smoke from nearby!
Here's hoping!!

Would still love it if anyone who has been in one of these obstructed view 7A rooms has any info! TIA!

I am going to be in 8164. My only concern was having a big enough verandah to sit on. Other than that in a 7A there's going to he obstruction and I accept that.. The review doesn't make it sound too great. I wouldn't be worried but if it might bother you I'd upgrade. Good luck. Of you keep it I hope it's not too bad.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #25
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,237

We just did the eastern on the Fantasy............7578.......never even notice this. Not a problem!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 AM   #26
mtgdisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 236

I'm in 7A, know anything about that room or similar rooms?
__________________
Denise
mtgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran
 
Chee Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber

We had almost the exact same situation (although in a 4B) and I honestly didn't notice the barrier until I was chatting with our neighbors. They had adjoining rooms without the barrier and I could see the difference. But let me also add that I had sailed twice in the very recent past in non-"obstructed" verandahs. And as I said, the obstruction didn't catch my eye until I saw my neighbors' verandah. So it was no big deal for us. In any case, we were pixie-dusted so I wouldn't have complained anyway. I say it's not worth the bother. Have a great cruise!
This is what I needed to hear. I am going to keep the rooms we have currently. I really like the location. Thanks!!
__________________
DH, Me, DS(9), DD(4)
Summer 1981, July 1988, Dec 1993, Oct 1994, Aug 1996 - WDW offsite
Sept 2008 - Beach Club
April 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Nov 2012 - DCL Magic

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #28
jahber
DIS Veteran
 
jahber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick

This is what I needed to hear. I am going to keep the rooms we have currently. I really like the location. Thanks!!
You're welcome! One less thing to worry about. Now you just have to hang on until Spring Break!
__________________
Wonder 7-night Alaska 9/13
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
jtkboston
Scheming to book another cruise
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston, MA area
Posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernpooh View Post
I like the overall location of the room. (7554)
Please take good care of the room and post pics. My family will be in 7552/7554 on the Apr 13th sailing!
__________________
One cruise is never enough!
jtkboston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #30
Otimon
DIS Veteran
 
Otimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mickey's backyard
Posts: 2,511

We have had a balcony like this maybe 3 times over the years and believe me it will be no problem for you unless you want it to be a problem!!

Plenty of view from the room, standing at the rail, or sitting out there. It just did not deter from the enjoyment of the balcony at all.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your fantastic view.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.