Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
punkgf
Earning My Ears

How's your call centre experience? Do I expect too much?

I love DCL and I admit I do have very high expectations....My last cruise with them was perfect and I expect the upcoming one is perfect too.

But I find their call centre not very pleasant and friendly sometimes. I have to call them a few times because of some wrong information entered, payment not going through and not yet received booklet. Most of them are great or okay, but my recent call has not been so smooth. I wouldn't say they are rude, but some agents just don't care and not very pleasant. I wonder if I expect too much or they're just like other cruise lines......

I am still excited and hopefully they don't put a "note" on my reservation and treat me bad....it's my 10th year anniversary
punkgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
quickcat
Mouseketeer

I find the same thing- some are wonderful and others are ok at best. I found one person who is always very helpful so I am thinking I am just going to ask for him if I ever need to call in for something.
I wouldnt let it take away from your cruise experience. I think its just like anything else, sometimes they are having a bad day and it shows
Just call back later and hopefully you'll get somebody pleasant.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

First off let me explain I do all my DCL (11 years) & DVC (18 years) reservations over the phone, no TA or any bookings on line. After 8 cruises booked & another 4 scheduled, I can honestly say I have never had any problems with any of the Call Center staff. Trust me between DCL & DVC call centers I will wear those folks out, with silly questions, requests, re-bookings etc. They have always been courteous & professional & 9 times out of 10; I get the results I called about. Occasionally I will elevate an issue to a supervisor, usually because the original CM doesn't have the authority to go any further with my problem/request. Over the years, I have come across many CMs who go the extra mile to come up with some rather creative ways to help me out.

I guess, I've just been lucky & get the good people whenever I call Disney.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
kamik86
DIS Veteran

I haven't called the cruise line but for DVC and all other disney related calls, I have gotten 1 or 2 (but the vast minority) that were just ok. They did what they were supposed to and it got done but they did seem like they just wanted to be done with this and go home. However I definitely have days at work like that so I don't really consider it a problem.

The majority are pleasant and nice to work with. They are also extremely helpful.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgf View Post
I love DCL and I admit I do have very high expectations....My last cruise with them was perfect and I expect the upcoming one is perfect too.

But I find their call centre not very pleasant and friendly sometimes. I have to call them a few times because of some wrong information entered, payment not going through and not yet received booklet. Most of them are great or okay, but my recent call has not been so smooth. I wouldn't say they are rude, but some agents just don't care and not very pleasant. I wonder if I expect too much or they're just like other cruise lines......

I am still excited and hopefully they don't put a "note" on my reservation and treat me bad....it's my 10th year anniversary
I have had somewhere around 16 cruises with DCL (have to look it up, lol) and I have actually never had to make "a few" calls regarding any one cruise due to issues with booking such as you describe. Perhaps you may want to consider using a travel agent going forward to assist you.

That being said, I personally do not expect "perfection" as human error is always a possibility in this world, cruises included. I would expect things be made right, and assistance provided, but perfection is not a standard I would hold a cruise line to.

I highly doubt DCL would put a "note" on your reservation and treat you badly. Why would you even think that, just curious?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
punkgf
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. My "perfect" standard is that the service provider has to "try to" resolve the problem instead of just shutting me off...It's not like I expect there is no problem at all. I had to call them before for couple problems I encountered and the calls went very well. Yes, maybe I did have the wrong expectations and they were just so good before. The "note" thing - I saw somewhere else online but it could be a rumor or misunderstanding.
But I agree that maybe the agent just had a bad day and people including myself may be stressed during the holiday season.

Nevertheless, it's the holiday season and we all should be happy :D

Thanks again, everyone

Last edited by punkgf; 12-14-2012 at 12:42 PM.
punkgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

I have to tell you something that I just found out recently. I am a school bus driver for special ed students in the middle of no-where Wisconsin. (it's not the edge of the world, but you can see it from my place) Two weeks ago, my bus aide called in sick and I had a substitute aide. I got to chatting with her and she told me that she works at a call center a couple of towns over as a second job. I asked what company she is answering calls for and come to find out, she works in the WDW annual passholder call center. I was floored (and also immediately wanted to go apply to this call center so that I could tell people to have a magical day) because I just assumed that there was one call center in Celebration, FL that took care of all of that. I had no idea that they outsourced their calls to the middle of no-where WI! Then, to add to that, she was only on her second day of being "by herself" on the calls and really had received no formal Disney training. She mentioned how she would have to put people on hold several times to figure out the correct answer to tell them. This again floored me because, having been a former Castmember back in the hey-days of the 90's where they wouldn't put anyone out on the line w/o a weeks worth of training at Disney Unversity, I was surprised that Disney let people field calls for them that didn't have a clue about the Disney brand.

So, I am guessing your experience may vary based on who you get because I am willing to bet they have call centers all over the place for dcl too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: