Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
We took our very fussy, very high maintenance youngest for the first time at 9 months and it was the easiest trip. Between the stroller and the baby Bjorne, he had so much to check out and look at. Now that he's 6, he's more mobile, more vocal, and still quite high maintenance-it's not near as easy.
I just wanted to say that I love your boys names!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #32
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
But if you were told "you MUST go to the store or WDW", which would you choose? Where would YOU be happiest, even knowing that your baby is going to be teething wherever? (and where might the baby be distracted in fun ways?)
Honestly, when he's really fussy... I just want to be home where he's most comfortable. Happier baby, happier parents. We did plenty of travelling before we had kids.

Sure, we'd have some fun at WDW, but I don't think it'd be worth it when he's like this. He might very well cry for an hour on the plane. They'd be complaining about me over on the transportation board.

He still takes two or three hour-long naps a day (say 9 am, 12 pm, and 3 pm). Some babies don't sleep well in a stroller or carrier/backpack at that age. If your son can't nap on the go, you might be headed back to the room every few hours.

My son also cried inconsolably for an hour last night before going to sleep. Who would want to go through that in a hotel room with strangers next door? Not me.

Thanks for the teething tips, but I've heard them all already. Many babies are just fussy sometimes no matter what you do. Most of my friends' babies are like this, too, to some extent.

We're actually taking him when he's a little over a year old, but we're bringing a bunch of grandparents for reinforcement. I'm still a little nervous.

OP, I'm not saying, "don't go". I just think you want to leave yourself the option to cancel after you've met your baby.

Last edited by Waddler; 12-15-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
kissy
Mouseketeer

We took older ds when he was 8 months. It was a good age! This trip ds number 2 is 11 weeks old (were heading home as I type this) and it was fine . It was definitely a slower trip but still fun. I say take the baby! Whatever you decide, have fun!

Disney World - Fort Wilderness July 1991
Disney world - All Star Movies November 2005
Disney World - Off site September 2009
Disney World - All star Music September 2011
Disneyland - too many times to count!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegRaeWhay
Hi All!!

My husband and I have a trip booked for 10/26/13 at the WL for 6 nights. We are expecting our first baby any day now and we were considering leaving him at home for this trip. I just realized last night that we will be there during our babies first Halloween and I can't miss that. He will be about 10 months old when we go. Is that too young to bring him to DW? We aren't ever out really late. What are your thoughts?
W just took out two year old for his first trip, however we are planning on going back in Jan 2014 and hoping to have a baby in the meantime. Our last trip this sat week with a two and 12 year old was very different than past trips and this one would be too, we plan to stay in a monorail resort so we can easily op between the parks and hotel for naps and feedings as necessary with the youngest. Baby care centers are amazing and there are plenty of nooks & crannies to feed baby in if desired. My theory is that all my kids deserve magical vacations and I can't not go because we have a baby. But my oldest has been very understanding that he will have moments of each day that are about him and others will be about the baby, I couldn't leave one at home to miss out on it. But I've only been away overnight once from my two year old so maybe I'm overly attached!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #35
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Is there a reason you have to decide now? I wouldn't worry about it until you get closer to your trip. Disney has a pretty generous cancellation period on its bookings. You don't really need to decide until the end of the summer. Why don't you just wait and see what the new year brings and how you feel after baby is here for a little while? You may find you are comfortable and want to leave your baby with a family member or you may decide that no way, you want to take your child with you!

We took DS when he just turned 12-mo and he LOVED it (dd was 3.) I wasn't expecting him to, but he was soaking it all in and grinning the entire time!!! He would nap in the stroller without a problem (the movement put him to sleep.) He LOVED the characters. That trip went so well that we ended up going again this year when he was just shy of 2. It was a good trip, but let's just say I preferred him at 12-mo!!! (And he hid and wanted NOTHING to do with characters this time around!) You just never know. The trip wasn't about him remembering it, though. It was about going as a family and US remembering it. About DH and I seeing it through his eyes and his sister's eyes.

Last edited by GusGus77; 12-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: