Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
hhhisthegame
Earning My Ears

Can you guys look at this dining schedule we made and reccomend changes?

I'm going to post this on three different boards because I need answers ASAP...my Mom booked the trip and she picked restaurants and I don't know if they're good...I dunno how much I trust her. :D

First Night : Cape May Cafe at our hotel

Second Night : Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

Third Night : Mama Melrose at 1:55 for lunch with the fantasmic package, and we'll go to Sci-fi after

Fourth Night : 1900 park fair character dinner.

Can you recommend if any of those should be changed for other ones or if there are especially good ones we should try? And any recommendations for breakfast or lunch that we should do our best to not miss?
hhhisthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhisthegame View Post
I'm going to post this on three different boards because I need answers ASAP...my Mom booked the trip and she picked restaurants and I don't know if they're good...I dunno how much I trust her. :D

Third Night : Mama Melrose at 1:55 for lunch with the fantasmic package, and we'll go to Sci-fi after

Can you recommend if any of those should be changed for other ones or if there are especially good ones we should try? And any recommendations for breakfast or lunch that we should do our best to not miss?
The only thing that jumps out at me is whether 1:55 at MM qualifies for the Fantasmic package. It might, I'm just not sure.

I personally enjoy O'hana at the Poly for dinner (time it so you can watch Wishes there) or even for Breakfast (character breakfast). Depending on the ages of your kids, there's a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary and two Princess breakfasts (one in MK, one in Epcot).
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
hhhisthegame
Earning My Ears

lol...well we aren't going with any kids. It's me and my friend (both 20) and my sister (18) and my Mom. We really like the fun Disney atmosphere though which is why we're really looking forward to doing Sci-Fi. Also I just heard about Beaches and Cream and am definitely making sure that we go there at some point......
hhhisthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lol...well we aren't going with any kids. It's me and my friend (both 20) and my sister (18) and my Mom. We really like the fun Disney atmosphere though which is why we're really looking forward to doing Sci-Fi. Also I just heard about Beaches and Cream and am definitely making sure that we go there at some point......
oops, sorry, didn't mean to assume. I hope you enjoy your visit!
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

I'm personally not a fan of Cape May. It's buffet style and the lines get crazier than any other buffet we've done at Disney. I'm sure you'll get many dissenting opinions on that, though. We usually go to Epcot or someplace on the Boardwalk when we stay in that area.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
ez
Yoshi Lover
Alas, I have been a dvc and concierge snob (but I'll stay in a moderate if I must)

Loved Mama melrose and sci fi was fun. Only been to cape may for character breakfast but yeah not impressed seemed chaotic to me. However my parents loved the seafood buffet so idk. There are other good eats right by where you are, big river grille, flying fish, and another place that used to be spoodles dont know what its called now. Flying fish is $$$ but Id definitely do that instead of the buffet jmo.

One buffet I do love is at germany in Epcot. Also like the Mexican restaurant in Epcot very cool atmosphere.
ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We love Cape May Buffet, and another family we were traveling with liked it so much, they cancelled another reservation so they could go back to Cape May a second time.

We have also enjoyed 1900 Park Fare and Mama Melrose.

The only one I would consider changing would be Plaza Restaurant. We have never eaten there because it doesn't seem to offer much of a "Disney" experience, but I have heard the sandwiches are good.

When at WDW, we never stay less than 10 days, so we book some restaurants for the food, and others for the atmosphere/fun/dining experience.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Kona Cafe for breakfast! I also think that Ohanas has an excellent breakfast. But nothing tops Kona Cafe for their tonga toast (french toast stuffed with bananas and dipped in cinnamon) or their macadamia pineapple pancakes. They also have excellent coffee.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

Not a fan of the Plaza at all. Cape May was terrific when we were there in February -- but not so much when we were there in June. I understand the Manager has changed so that may contribute to it. We went to 1900 Park Fair for dinner one evening when we were there in June and loved it! Had never been there before. The 2 wicked step-sisters were hysterically funny with my son and nephew (14 and 16). I got some priceless pictures there for sure!

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: