Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Rigby
Earning My Ears

First Time Cruiser Question

Just wondering if reservations sell out for excursions and the fine dining restaurants (Remy,Palo) right away? Will be on the Fantasy in Feb 2014 and we don't get to book anything until 75 days before we sail. Can't wait!!!
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Just wondering if reservations sell out for excursions and the fine dining restaurants (Remy,Palo) right away? Will be on the Fantasy in Feb 2014 and we don't get to book anything until 75 days before we sail. Can't wait!!!
Welcome to the DIS Boards!

Palo brunch is the first to fill, but they hold back some of the reservations for people to book onboard the ship.

Remy should still be available when your booking window opens, as will most of the excursions.

Have a great cruise!
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
dave 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
First time cruiser here too!

Wondering same thing but for excursions. Our trip is in March and our Reservation window opens Dec 22. We wanted to discuss and plan trip plans with the boys (14 & 12) after Christmas as we are surprising them. We are considering different excursions for Nassau, either the full waterpark( which will require concessions for the WDW part of the trip) or a beach day and visit to Atlantis. We wouldn't want either to sell out.
dave 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The only answer is "sometimes." OK, for adult dining, 1/2 of the reservations are not offered on line; they are available on board after embarkation. SO, if you don't get what you want on line, look at the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you'll get in the terminal. Go there and try to get your ressies.

The other hint is to keep checking on line--people DO cancel, and you can grab a reservation. On some cruises they fill up fast (short cruises are worst). On others, no problem at all. We were able to go to Palo twice on our last Fantasy cruise (book one in advance, another after 1st day on board). Thus, they obviously weren't full.

Excursions are all offered on line--no hold backs. Again, people DO cancel. Keep trying, and ask again after boarding.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Which boat are you sailing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 2 View Post
First time cruiser here too!

Wondering same thing but for excursions. Our trip is in March and our Reservation window opens Dec 22. We wanted to discuss and plan trip plans with the boys (14 & 12) after Christmas as we are surprising them. We are considering different excursions for Nassau, either the full waterpark( which will require concessions for the WDW part of the trip) or a beach day and visit to Atlantis. We wouldn't want either to sell out.
It depends which boat you are on also. The trip to Atlantis which is on the other side of the island from the old port would take quite a bit of the day. You would have to get a taxi to the location. Once there it depends on what you want to do...it can be expensive if you "want to do it all". I don't know if DCL does book a trip to Atlantis....you could inquire from DCL cruise line about that. Some excursions do have a number limit and if you are on one of the larger boats...they can indeed fill quickly with their number.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
Rigby
Earning My Ears

That helps. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
dave 2
Mouseketeer

Same here thanks!

We are on the Dream(3 day cruise) so we will evaluate wether to chance it and book on the 25th....it may mean we will try a different excursion if unavailable.
dave 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
kimb96
Mouseketeer

I didn't think it was too bad. I booked on the 75 day mark and there were plenty of palo and remy reservations available. We were able to change our palo reservation on the second day of the cruise as well. All the port adventures were available except the dolphin adventures which we wouldn't have chosen anyway and of course the cabanas were booked on castaway cay.
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Rigby
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Kim!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

First time cruiser also. We will be sailing on the Fantasy for a 7 night western Caribbean February 2013. When we were able to book at the 75 day mark some things were sold out but not much. They were Palo on at sea days, seven mile beach break on Grand Cayman, Segway beach tour on Costa maya and the cabanas on CC. Their were also some spa stuff and simulators. We booked dinner at Palo on our GC stop for a 8 o'clock seating. I will give this side note the week we are going is president week when kids are off from school a couple of days. Whether or not parents will take their kids on this cruise or a 3 or 4 day one I don't know.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Rigby
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! Every bit helps. Excited I found this site.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

I'm a 1st time cruiser too, going to sail in March 2013. This helped me alot thank you everyone!!

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: