Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #91
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

You should contact the police that is an assault and battery. The school should have had someone in the room!!!! They are covering their behinds.
I can't believe they did not have a school resource office.

A human bite is dangerous, an injury to his testicle was an indecent assault. The girl at 15 does this, imagine in a few years! She does not belong in this school. It is not snitching when it could have been one of the witnesses.

I never heard of a parent needing to petition, this is a police matter. I would take photo graphs. Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and your son laid hands and bite her! Her parents would have your son in a Juvie cell.
Reassure it is not snitching, this girl needs help. Without getting her into the system it may never happen. She did not care about her basketball position, let her father eat his hostility about her getting tossed off the team. Great girls deserve to play the game, not wacko uncontrollable ones.

Last edited by disneymarie; 12-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
disneymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #92
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I'm really shocked that none of the other kids tried to help him
I have always drilled into my child to not get involved in any type of fights in school. The policy is that if any child is involved they are suspended along with the ones that are fighting. They are supposed to just go get a teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren's Mom View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how a 15yo and a 19yo end up in the same gym class.

OP, I hope it works out for your son.
I do find that strange-gym here is separated by grades- there would never be a 19 year old man in class with a 15 year old child, especially one of the opposite sex! Boys are in one gym and girls are in another!
Regardless I would still be livid if one kid assaulted my son like that! I would have reported it the day it happened and not waited!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #93
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Disney View Post
I am making another trip to the school because my son was told that she was suspended as of Thursday, but she was at school Friday.

I spoke with a family friend, who subs at the school, she said this is not the first girl at that school to attack a boy by grabbing his testicles. She told me the other girl was expelled from that school and now attends the alternative school. She suggested talking to the main principal and if I feel as though I'm getting the run around, contact the school board. She has contacted the school board on 2 students there and they no longer attend the school.

My son was told that this isn't this girl's first assault offense at the school. The assistant principal said she had been suspended before.
My point was that the school (officials) is not really allowed to discuss the details of her punishment with you, or your son. They can tell you she is being punished, but you may not get the detailed info you are looking for. Your son may have been told one thing, but that doesn't mean that is exactly what the school has decided to do.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #94
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
They investigate the incident with the belief that he was the one who committed the assault. That can't possibly work in his favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Yes, they often do. If a 15 year old girl goes to the police with a sob story about she was assaulted by a 19 year old, the police will be very sympathetic to her and it may very well taint the rest of the investigation. He should go on record first and should add the sexual assault complaint as well.
Thank you for the explanation. I'm not totally convinced, but ok.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #95
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

The main reason I think it's a good idea to report the incident to police is to have the witnesses on record as to what they saw as soon as possible. The witnesses are key. The girl could try all sorts of variations on what happened. She has already proven herself to be aggressive, wild, and hits below the belt. But if the police have a record of witnesses that corroborate the OP's son's story, then he would be in better standing than to start off fighting a concocted story.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #96
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

It will look better if he is the first one to file a police report. It's basically a form of protection in case her dad believes her story and decides to press charges against your son.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: