Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
I'm going to take the unpopular position and say "do nothing". Take care of your son's injuries. This was a school fight, the girl was suspended for 5 days, case closed.
ITA but wow that girl sounds like she maybe a little unhinged. I am sorry but a normal logically thinking girl would never behave in such an irrational manner. I hope her parents get her to a doctor before she shows up to school with a gun.
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
I'm going to take the unpopular position and say "do nothing". Take care of your son's injuries. This was a school fight, the girl was suspended for 5 days, case closed.
That was my thought as well.

OP, what more are you looking for?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #18
100%Disney
On the lookout for a good sushi etiquette book
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!
Where's the Tag Fairy's chocolate milk??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
That was my thought as well.

OP, what more are you looking for?

I'm not looking for anything more. We weren't even looking to get the girl suspended. I just wanted the school aware of the situation in case she decided to try to get my son in trouble. We even told the assistant principal as much. It was the school's decision to suspend her. I am just concerned for my son. She is the one who stated that her dad was really angry and wanted to come to the school to confront my son. Wouldn't you be concerned? She obviously has anger issues, what if her dad is the same way? I don't want the girl punished further. I just don't want my son to be constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
100%Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

I would file a police report ASAP.

He is 19 and she is 15. She could report it as an assault on her and it would be an assault on a minor. While it sounds to me like he'd not have issues if this was the case, do you really want to go through the hassle of dealing with that?

Agree with other posters that a) the girl seems a little unstable to begin with and b) you should at least consult an attorney.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #20
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Disney View Post
I'm not looking for anything more. We weren't even looking to get the girl suspended. I just wanted the school aware of the situation in case she decided to try to get my son in trouble. We even told the assistant principal as much. It was the school's decision to suspend her. I am just concerned for my son. She is the one who stated that her dad was really angry and wanted to come to the school to confront my son. Wouldn't you be concerned? She obviously has anger issues, what if her dad is the same way? I don't want the girl punished further. I just don't want my son to be constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Who/when did she state that to? And is your son concern about retaliation? Or is more your concern? I know I worry about my kids way more than they worry about themselves.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

I'm going to see what happens today. She was suspended yesterday. I told my son to call me if the principal questions him further.

As I said, I don't want to punish the girl further and if we file a report with the police, it will be out of our hands. Due to the nature of the charges, the DA decides to prosecute or not. I used to be a deputy and my husband is a city police officer. We know how the system works, that's what worries us. The number of grudge warrants and frivolous lawsuits in the system is staggering.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #22
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
Who/when did she state that to? And is your son concern about retaliation? Or is more your concern? I know I worry about my kids way more than they worry about themselves.

He is concerned about retaliation. That is part of the reason he didn't report the incident immediately. He said that the gangs at his school say, "Snitches get stitches." And the girl told my son, the following morning that her dad was angry and wanted to confront him.

I am worried and it is justified. He did nothing and was attacked. He still did nothing other than try to get away from the attack.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #23
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Disney View Post
He is concerned about retaliation. That is part of the reason he didn't report the incident immediately. He said that the gangs at his school say, "Snitches get stitches." And the girl told my son, the following morning that her dad was angry and wanted to confront him.

I am worried and it is justified. He did nothing and was attacked. He still did nothing other than try to get away from the attack.
Yes, your concerns are justified. I would be worried too. But I think escalating it would just make things worse (no matter how deserving it is). If the girl just started her suspension, you should be pretty close to Christmas break by the time she returns. Hopefully things will cool down when they return next year.
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993

Last edited by sam_gordon; 12-14-2012 at 07:01 AM.
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I would let it go. Christmas break is coming and things will blow over.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

OP I totally understand why you don't want to pursue the situation, but isn't the school required to report it? Sexual abuse is a must report incident at our schools, not by the parents but by the school itself.

Can't you force the school's hands to make the report on behalf of your son? I would be concerned that this young lady will be back in the school and could do worse to another student. Again, I get that you don't want to do it, but please consider finding out the laws in your state regarding what the school is required to do. If they are required to report it please make them.

I hope that your son is able to finish out the end of the school drama-free.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #26
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
OP I would consult a lawyer and not allow your son to be questioned by anyone without you present. It seems you have a bad feeling that this is going to go further. Trust your gut.
I agree with this.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #27
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
OP I totally understand why you don't want to pursue the situation, but isn't the school required to report it? Sexual abuse is a must report incident at our schools, not by the parents but by the school itself.

Can't you force the school's hands to make the report on behalf of your son? I would be concerned that this young lady will be back in the school and could do worse to another student. Again, I get that you don't want to do it, but please consider finding out the laws in your state regarding what the school is required to do. If they are required to report it please make them.

I hope that your son is able to finish out the end of the school drama-free.
The assistant principal said that my son should have reported it as soon as it happened and the school would have charged her. I don't know what difference a day makes. I spoke with a teacher at a different school about the incident. She said that the schools are getting pressure about the "numbers", not just test scores, but suspensions. If they suspend or charge too many kids it hurts their numbers. I find that disgusting. And I don't think they took it as seriously because he is a boy. Had he done something to a girl, they would be all over it.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #28
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
Adding that I agree that this was a sexual assult and should be reported to the police. The school should also be treating it as such.
I agree. The first thing I would have done is call the police.

What a crappy situation for you and your DS to be in, especially when the school seems to be dismissing what happened.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
megsoro
Mouseketeer

OP- being so close to the holiday break, is it possible to keep him out of school for a few days, getting his work from teachers, etc, to help this blow over? (especially when that girl comes back from her suspension?)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #30
100%Disney
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsoro View Post
OP- being so close to the holiday break, is it possible to keep him out of school for a few days, getting his work from teachers, etc, to help this blow over? (especially when that girl comes back from her suspension?)
She won't be back until after Christmas break. I would love to keep him home, he's sick with bronchitis, but he would get too far behind in his classes. He has dyslexia and struggles in math. Missing 4 days could cause him to fail this six weeks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: