Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

WDW Merchandise Hotline orders

So I was browsing the Disney Catalog online, and found a watch I would like to buy in the "Theme Parks Exclusive" merchandise. I didn't buy it right then, thought about it a bit, decided I wanted it, and went back the next day to make my purchase. It is now "Sold Out" online.

I sent an email to Merchandise Guest Services describing the item and asking if it might be possible to get it directly from the Parks - it was an Animal Kingdom Safari Mickey watch, so I figure maybe stores in the Animal kingdom or even at AKL might have it in stock. I got a canned email response that they were "working on it" but warning me that they had a High Volume of Emails due to Christmas, that it would likely take up to 10 days for them to get to my email, and advising me to call instead. They listed two numbers - one toll-free, and one with the 407 area code.

This morning I called the 877 toll-free number from the email and IT WAS IN SPANISH! The very nice (I assume) man answered, wished me a "Muy Buenos Tardes" (very good morning) and started off with "Blah blah blah Walt Disney blah blah..." I was a bit rattled and hung up. I speak a little Spanish but not THAT much and NOT that fast.

So next I called the 407 number. I waited on hold for more than 20 minutes, with various bits of Disney holiday music playing at me, and interruptions every now and then of a recorded lady advising me that all associates were helping other guests but I did I know about Cars Land or Mickey's Holiday Castle Show?? Finally it rang through, and whoever was to answer it hung up on me. ARGH!!

Just a vent.
Now I have to decide if it is worth it to try again. Grrrr....

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!

Last edited by Sorsha; 12-17-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Call back
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I'd try the spanish number again, they might be able to help you in english or get throuh faster to an english speaking department. I wouldn't have hung up so quickly, you knew you were on the phone with some one at Disney.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Sorsha

Called the Spanish one again and this time didn't hear Disney quite so clearly. Googled and found the correct 877 number. FWIW the one in the email is wrong - not sure WHO I called the first time. I was able to translate a little of the beginning recorded bit when the Spanish line is first answered (before the perky gentleman picks up) and I think it is telling me that this call will be recorded for my protection. I think I will stick to the 407 number.

Called it and am on hold again. I think I shall alert them to the error in their automated emails.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Sorsha

YAY! Got through this time and they did find it for me! Not annoyed any more! He said they have lots of them still available in the Parks.

I told him about the error in the phone number and he said he's not sure what happened there either, but he will let someone know.

FWIW sitting there listening to Disney Christmas songs for 20 minutes makes me VERY sad to have no trips planned soon. SIGH.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Tybalt
Mouseketeer

Question How can I find hard-to-find merchandise?

I'm glad you found what you were looking for. I am incredibly frustrated with the Disney hotline mail service.

A week ago, I was going to order a used Victorian Minnie Mouse Tree topper on e-bay, but I thought I'd call Disney to see if they had a new one. They said they had it, so I ordered from them instead of buying the one on e-bay. I then ordered the matching personalized stockings and tree skirt from Disneystore.com. When my package from the Disney mail service arrived, I discovered they had sent me the tree skirt instead! I called, and they don't even make the tree topper anymore!

If the woman whom I had originally spoken to had not misunderstood me, I would have purchased the tree topper on e-bay instead of ending up with a matching set with no tree topper and personalized items that are not returnable. Even though they refunded my money including shipping, I am very upset and would like to buy the tree topper that matches.

Is there any thread where I can post to say I am interested in buying the Victorian Minnie Mouse Tree Topper in case anyone is thinking of selling one?
Tybalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post

Is there any thread where I can post to say I am interested in buying the . . . in case anyone is thinking of selling one?
Buying and selling of items is not allowed on the DISboards. Your best bet would be to go back to ebay and see what is available there.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha
YAY! Got through this time and they did find it for me! Not annoyed any more!
Great!
Uh, maybe edit the thread title?
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Sorsha

Um, thread was from two weeks ago and had fallen WAY off the front (or even 2nd or 3rd) pages.

Didn't figure it was necessary. Not sure I would know how to even if I cared to...

Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
DISNEYGAMMIE
Mouseketeer

Can someone give me the correct number to call for in park merchandise?
I need an Ariel snow globe ornament that was bought in the store 4 years ago, my Granddaughter just broke hers

I also think I read somewhere that there is a site for a personal shopper but I don't recall what that was.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
Sorsha

Ok, first, the number I found that worked the best was 877-560-6477. However, I have been trying to call it the last few days to check on the status of my order and find that it is busy about 75% of the time. I am sure it is because it is the holidays, you just have to be persistent and keep redialing.

Second, a snowglobe from 4 years ago - yikes!! that may be difficult to find new in the parks still. Your poor granddaughter. Maybe you might be able to find it on eBay if they can't find it for you in the parks?

Finally, I honestly DO NOT know how to change the title of this thread. I am sure it is one of those DUH things, I have just never had to do it before. If someone would care to explain it, I would be glad to do so. Either that or MODs, if you have the power to do so, you could change it to a generic "WDW Merchandise number" or something like that.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Ok, first, the number I found that worked the best was 877-560-6477. However, I have been trying to call it the last few days to check on the status of my order and find that it is busy about 75% of the time. I am sure it is because it is the holidays, you just have to be persistent and keep redialing.

Second, a snowglobe from 4 years ago - yikes!! that may be difficult to find new in the parks still. Your poor granddaughter. Maybe you might be able to find it on eBay if they can't find it for you in the parks?

Finally, I honestly DO NOT know how to change the title of this thread. I am sure it is one of those DUH things, I have just never had to do it before. If someone would care to explain it, I would be glad to do so. Either that or MODs, if you have the power to do so, you could change it to a generic "WDW Merchandise number" or something like that.

At the bottom right of your post is an "Edit" button. Click on that. On that page you'll find an "Advanced" link, click that. That's where the title can be changed.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Sorsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
At the bottom right of your post is an "Edit" button. Click on that. On that page you'll find an "Advanced" link, click that. That's where the title can be changed.

Thank you!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Thank you!
You're welcome

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: