DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
They will probably end up at Property Control where Disney cast members have the option to purchase at a reduced rate. I have shopped there many times and have seen items such as the old armoires, chairs, plates, etc. from the various resorts and DVC properties. They won't go to a landfill and Disney will recover some money.
Yes that is exactly what happens to them, and there is a website that buys and resells them also and on Ebay.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Execs did state that Disney would be paying for the initial install with dues charged for upkeep.

Reasonable assumptions are more housekeeping time in each room, more laundry costs, more frequent replacement due to wear (these bedspreads feel like they could survive a nuclear winter), etc.

As for the total increase in housekeeping at most resorts, higher wages and benefits also apply.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Mom B
DIS Veteran

I would LOVE to find a way to get my hands on one of the OKW or VB comforters if they do change them. My bedroom is decorated very "beachy" in honor of our two favorite resorts and the 2 comforters I've found that fit in with the decor have been poly/cotton and hardly last a year...I think the quality of the DVC ones is MUCH better and I would love the chance to pick one up. (Haven't seen anything of interest on Mousesurplus in YEARS anyway though.)
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #19
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
This isn't happening until 2013 or 2014, they probably would have been wearing out anyway and needed replaced.
I doubt it. The original comforters at OKW were on the beds for 18 years, and badly needed replacement. These will only be 3 to 4 years old. They were like new in November during my last trip. To bad they couldn't reuse the fabric to make drapes to replace those horrible Roman shades.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I doubt it. The original comforters at OKW were on the beds for 18 years, and badly needed replacement. These will only be 3 to 4 years old. They were like new in November during my last trip. To bad they couldn't reuse the fabric to make drapes to replace those horrible Roman shades.
The Roman Shades aren't bad, just the mechanism that makes them work. If they weren't childproof, they would be pretty nice and easy to operate.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #21
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
I can't believe they would last 18 years with supposidly monthly washings.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I can't believe they would last 18 years with supposidly monthly washings.
The design lasted that long, I am sure each bedspread didn't. They did dry clean them which does prolong the life over washings.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Quote:
..... To bad they couldn't reuse the fabric to make drapes to replace those horrible Roman shades.
ITA

Bad enough in the one bedroom, but in the studios they are a real pain!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #24
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
As I posted on the bedspread thread, I hated that darned duvet at BLT. They need to make sure there are ties inside the cover in the corners to tie the comforter into the duvet. And something to close up the opening. Otherwise, you just get a big lumpy mass that hangs down at the foot of the bed. Or you get tangled in it at the head of the bed. Hate, hate, hated it.
Well since they are changing to the three sheet method instead of a duvet cover, it's not going to tied down.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
Well since they are changing to the three sheet method instead of a duvet cover, it's not going to tied down.
That will be better, but still a pain when you are making the bed. Especially with those foam blankets that they use. Unless they are getting new blankets, too.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #26
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to the change, but wonder what took so long. With the recent refurbishments, it seems that the timing is off. Even if Disney is paying for the initial bedding, our dues did pay for the recent changes. If I'm not mistaken the bedding at SSR is currently being upgraded to new comforters that will be replaced in 2013 - 2014. I hope they have stopped that but my fear is that the new comforters have already been procured and will be installed while plans are in place to replace them.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #27
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Except that some resorts have just been redone, like OKW, with brand new comforters. So now they are replacing them. Big waste of $$$ from our dues/refurbishment funds. They should've done the replacements with the recent refurbs, or wait until the next scheduled soft good replacement.

That's 1647 almost new comforters to replace at OKW, even at $30 per, that is about $50K.

I don't like the current comforters any better than the next person, and they are more "beachy" than old style Key West. But at least wait until they have some wear and tear.
As much as I hate those new OKW comforters, I have to agree with Chuck. It's a HUGE expense to replace them in that many rooms!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That will be better, but still a pain when you are making the bed. Especially with those foam blankets that they use. Unless they are getting new blankets, too.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who cusses those blankets! They stretch!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #29
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Foam blankets, were are y'all staying they have them, SSR and Kidani have those wonderful soft plush blankets, well at least ours were.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #30
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
The three sheets are on the bed, bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, sheet, then the duvet with the comforter inside the duvet.

I think what Deb means by tie down is that the comforter inside the duvet needs to be tied to the duvet so that it does not slip to the bottom of the duvet cover.

We never use the bedspreads or duvets, its too much cover for us. It is never that cold in our room.

I do like triple sheeting, we had it at Kidani on our last stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: