Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
TheRealDrDisney
Mouseketeer

Photo Pass

If there's already a thread on this - please send me to it.

Otherwise... has anyone signed up for the new photo pass deal at Uni? We did the Grinch picture deal last weekend and when we went to buy the print, they told us about a deal for about 40 dollars where you can get all the pix you want, download them digitally anytime, and also get a CD.

The kicker for us is - and this is what I'd like to hear from someone else - is that they said for annual passholders this deal will last a year. For regular ticket holders, it's 7 days.

So I could go to Uni, take all the Photo Pass pix I want (rides, photographers, automated stations, etc) and then download them that night and have them. They also include the borders, the backgrounds, etc. on the website.

Anybody else try this yet?
TheRealDrDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

We just did this this past weekend and we are AP holders. I have to say it was the best thing we have done. You get your personal photographer for a whole year for $42 with taxes. We ended up having 73 photos taken in 4 days. This included a lot of the on ride photos. The only photos that are not included is FJ, but you can get a discount. It includes RRR but you need to show your photo connect card and they will give you a receipt for digital download to your account.

The deal included:

Photo connect lanyard and holder.
One 5x7 or 8x10 print.
One photo connect ID card with picture of choice (this is a plastic ID card that has your photo of choice on one side and QR code on the back, this will replace your paper card)
Then I think you get the one CD, but that has to be done online only.
Plus you can choose as many prints in park for only $5 per print.

One of the best things about this deal is if you have a smart phone. They have and app for it. In the morning I would get off a ride and within 5 minutes of them scanning my card to add the photo it would appear on the app. As the day gets busier it takes longer to show, I guess due the the system getting busier. Also you can save the photos to your smartphone, email, or share. They also stay on the website after each download. So it's unlimited.

I forgot to add this also includes all character photos too. We did Grinch, ET, Spider-Man, and marvel characters.

The only thing you have to watch for is some of the photos. Like the ones where you are pointing to something or holding something. You have to go to one of the photo connect shops and they will scan your card then add the backgrounds you want and stuff you are pointing at. Same goes for Grinch and Spider-Man.

I hope I explained it enough, if not ask away.

I was pretty impressed with the whole thing and the way the app worked on our iPhones.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDrDisney View Post
If there's already a thread on this - please send me to it.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973040

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Bluer, on oct 22 a poster on the older thread posted:

was just down there 2 weeks ago and YES they are still offering the AP photo package for $36

Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
TheRealDrDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks Bluer101 for your info and MacRaven for the link!

That other thread had lots of info - sounds like it's a good thing I didn't get it when it first came out - too much confusion.

Looks like they have it down pat now.

I'm still not clear on the "special effects" portion of the package. It sounds like we work with a photo shop onsite, then after they apply the effects it is saved that way to our photo connect account - which we can then download later.

Also never saw the resolution of the downloaded pix - but I'm hopeful it is high-res.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

OP, i hope the other thread can give you some guidelines on the photo pass set up.

the info in it was a tad confusing when the thread started but i think if others update it or use your thread to continue the discussion, that would be helpful.

i was tempted to use the photo op w/my ap in october but didn't.

i'm waiting for all the kinks to be worked out.

it sounds like Bluer got a great deal with his photo pass!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDrDisney
Thanks Bluer101 for your info and MacRaven for the link!

That other thread had lots of info - sounds like it's a good thing I didn't get it when it first came out - too much confusion.

Looks like they have it down pat now.

I'm still not clear on the "special effects" portion of the package. It sounds like we work with a photo shop onsite, then after they apply the effects it is saved that way to our photo connect account - which we can then download later.

Also never saw the resolution of the downloaded pix - but I'm hopeful it is high-res.
The pictures on average are 2100 x 1600 give or take. They are very nice.

The special effects are done at a photo connect shop, the picture pickup shops. Just have them scan your card and they called it fix them up. It takes no time at all. We normally did it each day in the am or mid day. As you know it gets crazy at park end in the shops. Also they left all the original photos before they touched them up. Like they said then you can photoshop them your self at home.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
TraceyL
Always planning........
I'm a very patient Welsh believer!
Did you know that one of the TF's is part Welsh, Tracey? :)

Where can you buy this? I'm visiting next week
Hallowe'en 2007 Sunset Lakes again & HRH ~ Hallowe'en 2008 Highlands Reserve Villa & HRH
Christmas & New Year 2009 Bella Vida, HRH & Pop ~ Jul/Aug 2010 back for Harry Potter
Christmas 2012 OKW/Bahama Bay - Solo!!

TraceyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyL
Where can you buy this? I'm visiting next week
At any of the photo spots, stores.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
TheRealDrDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
The pictures on average are 2100 x 1600 give or take. They are very nice.

The special effects are done at a photo connect shop, the picture pickup shops. Just have them scan your card and they called it fix them up. It takes no time at all. We normally did it each day in the am or mid day. As you know it gets crazy at park end in the shops. Also they left all the original photos before they touched them up. Like they said then you can photoshop them your self at home.
Thanks Bluer101!

OK - just to be clear - you visit and they do the special effects in the shop and then save it back to your photo pass account in addition to the originals? Essentially leaving two pictures (or more), edited and original, from a single picture?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDrDisney

Thanks Bluer101!

OK - just to be clear - you visit and they do the special effects in the shop and then save it back to your photo pass account in addition to the originals? Essentially leaving two pictures (or more), edited and original, from a single picture?
Yes, on the ones that require editing. Like entrance photos. Sometime they will have you pointing to something or holding something. Or like Grinch and Spider-Man.

The on ride ones like Mummy they can edit it so its got the whole cart on the bottom then a zoomed in photo of you party in the upper corner. These will not have duplicates. But they can include each one they show you on your account.

For the rides I just let them do what they want and scan my card. They normally ask you which are in your party to they can play with the photo. Either way for the price it's to good to pass up.

I always used to wave away the camera people and say no thanks. This time we started to look for them everywhere. Also some will wave you down or approach you while wearing the photo connect lanyard. Well worth it for us. Plus we ended up buying a few 8x10 photos on our last day since its a good deal also.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
TheRealDrDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks again! Definitely doing this when we go back. Going to take so many pictures over the year!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDrDisney View Post
Thanks again! Definitely doing this when we go back. Going to take so many pictures over the year!!!

I just logged on to the website on my computer. I always used the App or our iPad. Just to let you know you can edit the photos online and then save them to your computer. The only thing it won't let you do is swap different backgrounds. You can edit by color, brightness, size, etc. But the nice thing is it's the raw photo with no background even if the photo had a background, it separates it for you. Then you can add it back if you want. I think it's because they want you to order merchandise. When you are editing it it has water marks on the photo but when you hit download they are gone.

While typing I noticed there are different backgrounds depending on what product you are working on. Like trying to design a puzzle or keychain. So I guess it's pretty cool that you can do some editing. You will have to see when you get it. I also notice you can upload your own photos. Maybe you can put boarders and backgrounds on them too.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
fitnessmouse
DIS Veteran

what is the name of the app? can't seem to find it in the app store?

Walt Disney World - Florida 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland Resort California - 2002, 2011
DCL - 2009 (Wonder~ Bahama's), 2010 (Magic~Mediteranean), 2011 (Wonder ~ LA to Vancouver), 2013 (Dream~Bahama's), 2014 (Magic~Mediteranean)
Disneyland Paris - 2x per year

fitnessmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Bluer101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessmouse
what is the name of the app? can't seem to find it in the app store?
Amazing Pictures.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: