Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
CanadianMomma
Earning My Ears

Here is a picture of the kids beds pulled down. The third bed would be the one behind the chair if it was pulled out. This was cabin 10096 on the Dream a family deluxe verandah room.

DISNEY DREAM FEBRUARY 13th-17th, 2011
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrielgen20 View Post
Thank you for the welcome!

We will be sailing on the Dream with an 11 yr old, an almost 3 yr old and an almost 2 year old.

We have sailed twice before on the Wonder and Magic but this will be the first time with 3 kids.... That's why I was wondering.

We used points to book our cruise and didn't think to book 2 rooms.... So no on board credits
With children those ages, you will be just fine in one room.
I think using two rooms works better when you have people fighting for bathroom time to get ready, etc.

We are doing the two room (4B and 11 across the hall) on the Fantasy next year but that is because we are taking DD's BFF with us. So having a non-family member teen in addition to me and DD trying to get ready....just not worth it to have only one room
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Here is our video...
https://vimeo.com/46397935

It shows the rooms with bunks open and closed...two cat 4Cs. It varies on whether 2 rooms are less $$ than one. I price it both ways and the subtract the various OBCs for each and see what the net cost is....then decide.
Two cat 4Cs was more space than we needed for the 5 of us. DD13 was never around. We were all out late each evening....and when the little ones napped, I sat on the verandah. You'd be fine either way.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
shopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl
Here is our video...
https://vimeo.com/46397935

It shows the rooms with bunks open and closed...two cat 4Cs. It varies on whether 2 rooms are less $$ than one. I price it both ways and the subtract the various OBCs for each and see what the net cost is....then decide.
Two cat 4Cs was more space than we needed for the 5 of us. DD13 was never around. We were all out late each evening....and when the little ones napped, I sat on the verandah. You'd be fine either way.
I travelled this summer with my four sons , 15,18,20 and 27 on the Dream. We stayed in a category 4A , one room for all of us .. We like the verandah option so doing two inside cabins was not something that interested us. We were a little concerned about space prior to going but honestly , it worked out great . I would not hesitate to do it again ...
shopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

I traveled last year in a 4A on the dream with my mom amd 3 teenagers. We had plenty of room and are doing it again in March with DH instead of DM. Mom packs like she is leaving for a month and we still were fine! We love being together in a beautiful room with a verandah.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #21
murrielgen20
Earning My Ears

We used vacation club points so I don't really want to change our reservations since there will be a change fee, I think....

My hubby and I thinks we will be fine since our kids are still very young... An 11 yr old, 3 yr old and a 2 yr old by then...

Maybe when they get older, then it'll make more sense to get 2 connecting rooms...

February 2009, January 2010, January 2011
murrielgen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
murrielgen20
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=CanadianMomma;46919783]Here is a picture of the kids beds pulled down. The third bed would be the one behind the chair if it was pulled out. This was cabin 10096 on the Dream a family deluxe verandah room.

Wow! Looks nice and comfy for the kids! can't wait for our trip....
Thanks for posting a pic

Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrielgen20 View Post
We used vacation club points so I don't really want to change our reservations since there will be a change fee, I think....

My hubby and I thinks we will be fine since our kids are still very young... An 11 yr old, 3 yr old and a 2 yr old by then...

Maybe when they get older, then it'll make more sense to get 2 connecting rooms...
I agree with you. The ages of your children it would be difficult to get separate rooms. I think you'll be fine. There's tons of space on the Dream. The bed is higher off the ground so you can easily slide your suitcases under the bed. I used one as a hamper for our dirty clothes. I used another one to keep all eletronics together and locked up while we were out of the room. I found it very handy.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
murrielgen20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
I agree with you. The ages of your children it would be difficult to get separate rooms. I think you'll be fine. There's tons of space on the Dream. The bed is higher off the ground so you can easily slide your suitcases under the bed. I used one as a hamper for our dirty clothes. I used another one to keep all eletronics together and locked up while we were out of the room. I found it very handy.
Thank you! It's nice to know we can store the luggages under the bed, I don't remember doing that last time we were on the magic...

Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
Mom 3 mouseketeers
Mouseketeer

I have sailed in this very stateroom on the Dream. We were in 9158, 2 adults, 3 kids (11, 9, 7) and I was surprised how spacious the room was. We also loved the location, one of our favorites!

We even sailed this room after 2 cruises of having adjoining staterooms!

Mom 3 mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Five is Fine

We sailed with five on the Magic and we had enough room. We had a room with a verandah, large bed, bunk beds and a murphy bed. It could be tight at times but I was not upset or disappointed with the amount of space. The five consisted of Me, my Husband, 15 yr old. son, 13 yr old daughter, and 7 yr old daughter. Hope this helps
PrettyPrincessJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #27
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

You will be fine with 5 in a room. We have done it three times with our kids and next summer have a 4A booked on the Fantasy with 2A, 3K (17, 15, 12).
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9158, pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: