Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

Mini golf questions

Hi - since we now get two mini golf vouchers with a package, we're looking at playing some mini golf on our trip (WE LEAVE IN TWENTY DAYS!).

I have a couple of questions:

- can we walk from the Fantasia courses to Flying Fish?

- if we go to winter summerland, is it $12 to play both courses or $12 to play just winter or summer?

- do you think it will be really crowded on january 2nd? How many people mini golf in the winter?

Thanks in advance!
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
44Majestic
Earning My Ears

- can we walk from the Fantasia courses to Flying Fish? Yes. Depending on walking pace five minutes or so.

- if we go to winter summerland, is it $12 to play both courses or $12 to play just winter or summer? $12 per course.

- do you think it will be really crowded on january 2nd? How many people mini golf in the winter? Shouldn't be very crowded, depending on time of day there could a little wait. Evenings at Fantasia had some crowds....not too bad though. We played on December 31 once and still not too bad.
44Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-maria View Post
Hi - since we now get two mini golf vouchers with a package, we're looking at playing some mini golf on our trip (WE LEAVE IN TWENTY DAYS!).

I have a couple of questions:

- can we walk from the Fantasia courses to Flying Fish?

- if we go to winter summerland, is it $12 to play both courses or $12 to play just winter or summer?

- do you think it will be really crowded on january 2nd? How many people mini golf in the winter?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can walk from Fantasia to Flying Fish. You'll need to cross a street (not busy one) and go thru SWAN and go out to the back. There is a bridge to Boardwalk.

From my recollection the 2 courses at Winter Summerland are each 18 holes. The price of $12 is for an 18-hole round. This would lead me to believe if you played the summer course, it's $12, and you want to also play the Winter course it will also be $12.

I can't speak to crowds on Jan 2. I think the earlier you go, the more chance of it not being crowded.

HAVE FUN!!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

Thank you both! That's perfect, and so fast! Now to just decide which course, oh boy! I love Disney decisions rather than real world problem decisions.
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
John Paul
42 Wallaby Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-maria View Post
Thank you both! That's perfect, and so fast! Now to just decide which course, oh boy! I love Disney decisions rather than real world problem decisions.
Fantasia seems to better located for you! It is designed a little sleeker in style than Winter Summer. My kids enjoyed the theme of winter summer but it is also off towards Blizzard beach a way away from Flying Fish.

1st trip in 1974
1980 1984 Senior Trip (Missing River Country)1985 and 86 several times 1988Contemporary 1990Kissimmee 2000Kissimmee
2006 Pop Century 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 CBR 2011 CSR 2012 Poly and US and IOA 2013 to come!
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
karmutt
Mouseketeer

The most challenging course it Fantasia Fairways. The others are almost too easy.
karmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

It's always been my experience that with the purchase of 1 round of golf the receipt contains a coupon good for 50% off your next round within 24 hours.
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: