Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
thedaddude
Earning My Ears

ADRs if you're under 18

i am taking the kiddos down to disney next month and we've got a restaurant at plaza in the kingdom. after reading the reviews, i have no desire to go but the kiddos insist on going. i have quite a few allergies and it seems i have very few choices on the menu so my question is will disney allow them to go and dine alone like at most restaurants. they're both in their late teens and extremely mature. tia.
thedaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

My kids have dined alone at WDW restaurants beginning at 11 and 13 yo... I just had them call or text the check amount so I could guide them with tipping. It should not be a problem
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaddude View Post
i am taking the kiddos down to disney next month and we've got a restaurant at plaza in the kingdom. after reading the reviews, i have no desire to go but the kiddos insist on going. i have quite a few allergies and it seems i have very few choices on the menu so my question is will disney allow them to go and dine alone like at most restaurants. they're both in their late teens and extremely mature. tia.

First of all, Welcome to the Dis.

Secondly, yes, if you have teens they could dine without an adult present. Will you be staying on site with charging privileges on the kid's KTTW? In this case they won't have a problem paying for their meal. Or will you just give them cash?

Third. Reconsider your decision not to eat there yourself. There are many, many guests with food allergies who dine at WDW TS restaurants every day. It is really very simple. You simply make a note on every ADR (dining reservation) what you are allergic to. When you arrive for your meal, you remind your server of the allergies. They will have the chef come out to your table to discuss your options for your meal- they will always have something appropriate for you to eat.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

WDW is amazing with allergies! I have countless allergies (peanuts, all tree nuts, soy, barley, wheat, oats, coconut, rosemary, basil and yes there is more....) and have eaten at The Plaza and many other WDW restaurants and they have always found me something (except 50's Prime Time at Hollywood Studios and Nine Dragons at EPCOT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
First of all, Welcome to the Dis.

Secondly, yes, if you have teens they could dine without an adult present. Will you be staying on site with charging privileges on the kid's KTTW? In this case they won't have a problem paying for their meal. Or will you just give them cash?

Third. Reconsider your decision not to eat there yourself. There are many, many guests with food allergies who dine at WDW TS restaurants every day. It is really very simple. You simply make a note on every ADR (dining reservation) what you are allergic to. When you arrive for your meal, you remind your server of the allergies. They will have the chef come out to your table to discuss your options for your meal- they will always have something appropriate for you to eat.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Here's my latest (from August 2012) dining review from the Plaza with laundry lists of allergies (the list of allergies can be found in the first post of the full trip's dining review in my signature). Maybe this will make you a little more comfortable with giving the Plaza a try?

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...70&postcount=3

That being said, I don't think it's a problem for older teens to dine there without an adult as long as they know exactly what is expected of them including but not limited to how to pay, how to determine tip, behaviour when not supervised by an adult, etc.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: