Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #121
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Felt the exact same way about LeFou's Brew. Just wasn't impressed.

LOVE Pecos Bill's. We just ate there on our trip a few weeks ago. Gotta love that condiment bar!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #122
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Great reviews so far! We love Kona for breakfast and I can't wait for my pressed pot in 22 days!

I know what you mean about the drinks being so sweet. It seems like a lot of stuff at Disney is either extra sweet or extra salty. They don't do so well with moderation on those two flavors
Hope you have a great trip and have some coffee for me! Sometimes I find the food at WDW very salty too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Jumping in a bit late here. Sounds like a trip full of great food and fun!
Hi Kathy! Hope you and Johnny are both well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I haven't seen it that crowded since 2000 when we were there 4th of July.
Yeah it was crazy busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
MMMM .... onion rings. I have always wanted to get the Taco Salad at Pecos Bills. And I need to try an eggroll sometime as well.
We love onion rings and could eat them all the time. Todd kept telling all of us about WDW egg rolls..he is such the affecianado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
What a great report! I loved that you were id'd.
Me too lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Oh my am I ever hungry!!! I wish I culd get my Hubby to agree to a couples trip. Maybe I could be an honorary "sister" Everything looks so yummy and you guys are having so much fun. Nicki if you can you should come in June-we can throw the kids on the floor and have a big slumber party!!
Hi Mary! Of course you would be our sister too...make it a plan to come next year! I love the slumber party idea, if I can get away I will let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ahhhh Kona Cafe.... I love that place! I don't think I've read a dining review that involved a time-out for misbehaving! Leave it to Mark to be the naughty boy.

Glad to see that Todd was able to get his egg roll fix - times two!

Pecos Bill's certainly looks like it is worthy of a visit for the onion rings alone!
How can anyone not love Kona breakfast? Todd will have a fit if he doesnt stop by that egg roll stand! Peco Bills is so much better than it was a few years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
I love your food reports. Thanks for sharing. Anyways... Can I interrupt this trip for a special advice? We are going to marco island next week (yep, no disney). Do you have any advice on good eats in the area. We want to see Sanibel, Naples, Fort Meyers, etc...
Thank you! You are going to be on Marco? How cool is that? Are you staying on the Island or just visiting it for the day? If you like a bar atmosphere Crazy Flamingo's is very good. Red Rooster is awesome for breakast and lunch. DaVinci's has amazing Italian food. We hardly ever eat on the Island, there is just way to many delicious places in Naples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Felt the exact same way about LeFou's Brew. Just wasn't impressed.

LOVE Pecos Bill's. We just ate there on our trip a few weeks ago. Gotta love that condiment bar!
Glad I am not the only one that thought it was sorta icky. They have the best condiment bar!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #123
MickeyNicki

So Todd gave me the ok to skip his nap time...there was too much to see and do and if he took a break while we toured the monorail resort he would be fine...yeah right. Our first stop was the CR

Some from the gift shop on the 2nd floor

Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #124
MickeyNicki

The CR was pretty quiet around 2pm and Kathy and my Iphones were dying a fast death so we wanted to chill out and have the guys rest and we needed to find an outlet to recharge the phones. We found a perfect spot by the bar, which was closed, and Todd slept for an hour (the kid can sleep anywhere! Hey Kathy - post that picture of my sleeping!) and Mark closed his eyes for a bit

Kathy and I were plugged in and trying to be quiet but couldnt, we were too giggly!

Before we settled in a quick stop to the Contempo Cafe for a cupcake run.

Mark had a chocolate chocolate chip muffin

Guess what I had? Well something pumpkin of course! This was a pumpkin cupcake filled with caramel and topped with maple frosting. Incredible! The pumpkin cake was great with a nice spice to it and it was very moist. The caramel was good but too much for me so I ate around it. The frosting was to die for, very creamy and not gritty and super maple-y. I loved this cupcake but not as much as the gingerbread one

Thinking my hubby was rested enough I nudged him awake and told him it was time to go visit the GF...he looked too comfy to move but I reminded him he could get his roasted chestnuts at the GF...he tush was outta that chair super fast!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #125
MickeyNicki

The GF lobby was pretty busy for late afternoon but it was just gorgeous and the gingerbread smell was intoxicating! First stop was outside by the valet for fresh roasted chestnuts! They are free and they will give you as many as you like. Todd and I grew up on these so we thrilled to plop down and start munching!

I tried to get pictures of the treats they sell in the gingerbread house but it was mobbed

I did manage to take cupcake photos from the temporary CS at the second floor bar area. They are all in the coolers in plastic containers so the pics are not that good

We are on the move again, time to go back to MK and see if we make it to midnight...I had my doubts!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #126
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

Thank you! You are going to be on Marco? How cool is that? Are you staying on the Island or just visiting it for the day? If you like a bar atmosphere Crazy Flamingo's is very good. Red Rooster is awesome for breakast and lunch. DaVinci's has amazing Italian food. We hardly ever eat on the Island, there is just way to many delicious places in Naples.
Yes, we are staying at Marriott's Crystal Shores on Marco Island. I'll check the places you listed and thank you. So, how about Naples? Are the restuarants there kid friendly? Mine are older but still like that darn mac and cheese stuff.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #127
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love seeing the gingerbread creations at the resorts! and all the desserts look so tempting!
happy the boys got their naps in

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #128
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! Look at all of those cupcakes! Now I'm going to have to take a walk over to the cupcake store and it's all your fault! Ok, actually I was going to go over there today anyway.

I have to admit that I've never eaten a chestnut. Do you just peel and eat?
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #129
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

It's always such fun to read your reviews and live vicariously through you until we can get there!!

Seeing the GF just made my day.... 5 more little months until we're there! I guess the smell of gingerbread will be gone by then though.... But, the cupcakes will be there !! And let's be honest, what's better than the cupcakes!

Thank you for sharing your reviews and fun with us!! I'm glad ya'll had fun!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #130
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update my friend. Here, per your request, are our two men sleeping at the Contemporary:

Todd:

Mark:

We really did run those boys ragged, didn't we?

Mark really liked his chocolate chocolate chip muffin. I just wish the bar had been open so we could have had a Christmas cocktail.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #131
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

That pumpkin cupcake looks divine!! I wish I would have seen it, I know I would have loved it.

I think all men can sleep anywhere! My friend Steve fell asleep in my room in the 2 minutes it took me to change my shoes and use the bathroom before we went to DTD.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #132
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the photos of the Contemporary. I know where I'm staying if I ever make it out there for Christmas!
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #133
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have to say I enjoyed the "monorail resort tour"...but I was very disappointed in the Contemporary and the Polynesian as far as their decorations. I expected so much more from them.

The Grand Floridian on the other hand? Although it is a resort I would never stay at, the decorations were above and beyond...truly outstanding. And the coffee was very yummy when we stopped to have one.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #134
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Pumpkin cupcake with caramel inside? Heaven....

Did you happen to notice any gluten free cupcake options in your travels? Thanks!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #135
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

awe, the boys look so cute sleeping

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: