Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #151
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

The lines in front of BOG were very long and you could hear guests arguing with the CM's. Turns out that alot of reservations were lost and they didnt have any names associated with them. If you didnt have your reservation number you were out of luck and they put you on standby, you might have to wait for hours. Lucky us, we had our number and we were seated in 15 minutes. They had the main ballroom and the library open but the third room was closed. For pictures of the interior you will have to wait for Kathy's TR

We sat in the library, it was dark and cozy and really nice. Since its small it was not too loud like the main ballroom. Every 20 minutes the Beast would visit the dining rooms and wave hello. At the end of your meal you are able to take photos with him using your own camera or PP

Out of the 6 of us only one had alcohol, Andy sucked it up for the team and had a beer! We started off with a huge basket of hot crusty rolls and butter...excellent!

I had the champagne salad and loved it, I really enjoy salads like this, lots of flavor in the dressing too...very good and would have liked more of it

Todd had the potato leek soup and he liked it alot, it was hot and creamy and very tasty

Kathy had the french onion soup and it looked excellent! Kathy, did you like it better than the one at Chefs de France?

Mark and Andy shared the meats and pate plate, the serving was pretty good and they had no problem finish it, they both liked it alot

Des had the shrimp and scallops with lobster sauce in a puff pastry..she was sitting at the opposite end of the table so I dont know her thoughts on it

I had the same dish but with shrimp and no scallops. I LOVED this and it was the highlight meal for me. The flavor of the sauce was incredible, the shrimp was tender and there was tons of it, loved all the veggies but the puff pastry with the sauce was just out of bounds!

Kathy and Todd had the same thing, the NY Strip with veggies and fries. Kathy was a doll and gave me her veggies which were nice and tender and well seasoned. The steaks were cooked perfectly, I had a bite of Todd's and it was good but not like the one from the Yachtsman lol! The fries with that herbed garlic may were delish!

Andy had the the pork, wow this was a huge piece of meat! He let us all have a bite, it was very tender and lots of flavor. Todd said he would order that the next time

And the birthday boy had the cornish hen. I sat across from Romeo and the smell of that delicious chicken was intoxicating! The only thing left on his plate was some little bones!

Throughout the entire meal we were all saying how much we were enjoying our meal, our surroundings, everything was excellent and BOG is a must do for all of us on all our trips!

Up next, dessert!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #152
MickeyNicki

Dessert was a must, we had noted that Mark was celebrating his birthday so they brought him the Grey Stuff. He shared with all of us, tasted like the frosting in an Oreo with a lot of ground up Oreos mixed in

The older couples, ahem, not mentioning names here, had coffee and it was very good, not the typical park coffee but really good restaurant coffee

Kathy had the chocolate cupcake, it was rich and very chocolatey

I cannot remember who had the chocolate cream puff, either Todd or Andy

This was the highlight meal for just about all of us...next time I want to try it for lunch too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #153
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

OOOOOHHHH!! BOG looks so good!! We got ADR's there for our June trip and I cannot wait to try it... I thought I had myself settled on the shrimp /scallops, but the cornish hen and the pork look amazing too! OY!! The gray stuff really does look amazing! it's so cute that they did this! I'm hoping that they'll bring my DH some since it's going to be his birthday when we're there....

Did you get a picture w/ the Beast ?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #154
dad4dis
Mouseketeer

Looks Great!
dad4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #155
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

your BOG photos are great! can't wait to try it next year! we want to do lunch and dinner! so want those cupcakes! and yay for REAL coffee!

mommy2mrb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #156
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Wow! BOG looks fantastic! That puff pastry appetizer looks amazing. Cannot wait to try this one in August!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #157
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Love the dinner pics at BOG! I ate lunch there during my trip, so it was nice to see the dinner offerings too. It all looks delicious

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #158
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you!!! Love the Yachtsman pix as always, and it was a reminder that we need to get back there soon!! I've been wondering about BOG Dinner. I canceled 2 of our reservations there because our lunch was just meh. Maybe once the newness dies down we'll give it another shot.

Have a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

Yes we sure did! These are great pictures. Next time we have to make sure we get more cocktails and less cupcakes

Definitely like this idea!

The best resorts at the GF, AKL and WL for decorations...although the Epcot resorts were beautiful. Next year lets try to get to the resorts we missed

Sounds like a plan to me.

They do look sweet but looks are deceiving!
Ain't that the truth!

Quote:

We sat in the library, it was dark and cozy and really nice. Since its small it was not too loud like the main ballroom. Every 20 minutes the Beast would visit the dining rooms and wave hello. At the end of your meal you are able to take photos with him using your own camera or PP

I think it was actually called the "West Wing" or forbidden room.

Out of the 6 of us only one had alcohol, Andy sucked it up for the team and had a beer! We started off with a huge basket of hot crusty rolls and butter...excellent!

I still can't wrap around the idea of drinking alcohol in the Magic Kingdom.

That bread was amazing!

I had the champagne salad and loved it, I really enjoy salads like this, lots of flavor in the dressing too...very good and would have liked more of it

Kathy had the french onion soup and it looked excellent! Kathy, did you like it better than the one at Chefs de France?

I actually liked it at BOG a tad bit more.

Des had the shrimp and scallops with lobster sauce in a puff pastry..she was sitting at the opposite end of the table so I dont know her thoughts on it

I think she was so mesmerized by the theme of the restaurant that she may have not even noticed how her meal tasted.

I want to try this next time; maybe on my girls trip in June--Mary secured an ADR today for our trip.

Kathy and Todd had the same thing, the NY Strip with veggies and fries. Kathy was a doll and gave me her veggies which were nice and tender and well seasoned. The steaks were cooked perfectly, I had a bite of Todd's and it was good but not like the one from the Yachtsman lol! The fries with that herbed garlic may were delish!

This was very good, but the steak was better at Yachtsman.

Andy had the the pork, wow this was a huge piece of meat! He let us all have a bite, it was very tender and lots of flavor. Todd said he would order that the next time

This is also on my must try list.

And the birthday boy had the cornish hen. I sat across from Romeo and the smell of that delicious chicken was intoxicating! The only thing left on his plate was some little bones!

He loved it...he was silent during his entire meal.

Throughout the entire meal we were all saying how much we were enjoying our meal, our surroundings, everything was excellent and BOG is a must do for all of us on all our trips!

Up next, dessert!
Definitely can't wait to go back.

Quote:
Dessert was a must, we had noted that Mark was celebrating his birthday so they brought him the Grey Stuff. He shared with all of us, tasted like the frosting in an Oreo with a lot of ground up Oreos mixed in

I wasn't all impressed by it.

The older couples, ahem, not mentioning names here, had coffee and it was very good, not the typical park coffee but really good restaurant coffee

It wasn't Kona coffee, but it was god (and yes, I'm one of the older couples!

Kathy had the chocolate cupcake, it was rich and very chocolatey

This was yummy....but way too rich.

I cannot remember who had the chocolate cream puff, either Todd or Andy

I think Andy and Todd both got it if I'm not mistaken.

This was the highlight meal for just about all of us...next time I want to try it for lunch too!
Definitely my favorite meal of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Yes, we got with our camera as well as on our photopass card. They'll be in my TR when I get to that day.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #160
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am glad to see that you approved BOG! A friend of ours has made the reservation for all of us for February!
Your food looks amazing, even the grey stuff!

Thanks for sharing.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #161
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

It amazes me that we had such a bad meal at BOG. Definitely the worst meal we have had at Disney. DS's pork chop was in edible. Reading all these god reviews I know we need to try it again. Just not sure when I will be ready to do that! DS says never again. We'll see . . .
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #162
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
OOOOOHHHH!! BOG looks so good!! We got ADR's there for our June trip and I cannot wait to try it... I thought I had myself settled on the shrimp /scallops, but the cornish hen and the pork look amazing too! OY!! The gray stuff really does look amazing! it's so cute that they did this! I'm hoping that they'll bring my DH some since it's going to be his birthday when we're there....

It was excellent! While I love chicken there was nothing better than the shrimp in the puff pastry with the lobster sauce, I could eat that every day. Yes, we all had our photos with the Beast, he is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad4dis View Post
Looks Great!
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
your BOG photos are great! can't wait to try it next year! we want to do lunch and dinner! so want those cupcakes! and yay for REAL coffee!
You will love it, I hope to try lunch the next time we go..and dinner of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Wow! BOG looks fantastic! That puff pastry appetizer looks amazing. Cannot wait to try this one in August!
It was incredible, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Love the dinner pics at BOG! I ate lunch there during my trip, so it was nice to see the dinner offerings too. It all looks delicious
How was lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Merry Christmas to you!!! Love the Yachtsman pix as always, and it was a reminder that we need to get back there soon!! I've been wondering about BOG Dinner. I canceled 2 of our reservations there because our lunch was just meh. Maybe once the newness dies down we'll give it another shot.

Have a Happy New Year!!!
Happy Holidays to you too! You live so close by, you should go there tonight Do yourself a favor, book dinner and go, you will not be sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ain't that the truth!
Definitely can't wait to go back.
Definitely my favorite meal of the trip..
You are very lucky you are eating there in June with the girls...what are you gonna get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am glad to see that you approved BOG! A friend of ours has made the reservation for all of us for February!
Your food looks amazing, even the grey stuff!

Thanks for sharing.
Everything was wonderful, you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
It amazes me that we had such a bad meal at BOG. Definitely the worst meal we have had at Disney. DS's pork chop was in edible. Reading all these god reviews I know we need to try it again. Just not sure when I will be ready to do that! DS says never again. We'll see . . .
I remember reading about your bleh meal...maybe it needed to work the kinks out? Andy's pork was super tender and loaded with flavor, not too salty or anything either. I have learned to never say never for WDW restaurants, one bad night might be an abnormality
Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #163
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
How was lunch?
It was delicious! I actually just posted about it on my TR. I got the Turkey sandwich and it was huge and so tasty. Real carved turkey with a buttered roll, the veggies were chopped fine and in a vinagrette....it was my favorite meal. And I got the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake for dessert and that was delicious too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #164
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Just came over from Kathy's report. I was dying to see how the food was on your trip. So I sat down and read your entire report.
I've noticed that you are eating similar to the way that I am. Lots of veggies and meats, but staying away from starches and sweets.
We are at Disney now and it is soooo hard!!!

One thing that I did want to try but forgot about was that gingerbread cupcake with the cream cheese frosting. That may be an indulgence that I allow myself. It looks yummy.... So I'll thank you right now for the reminder of it's existence! We might just have to walk to DHS in the morning and grab one at Starring Rolls....

Anxious to read more!!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #165
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh and I just booked Kona for in the morning based upon what you had when you all ate there. I'm ordering the exact same thing. I hope the tomatoes are as pretty as yours were!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: