Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Looking to have someone ship goods from Disney?

I'm looking to get a few stocking stuffers for my kids shipped to us from Disney World. I was going to go through someone I know of on Facebook, but this person is not helping at all. I email her, she responds, I tell her exactly what I want (nothing that can't be found right in Goofys Candy Co where I know she goes 3x a week) and I never hear from her again. I'm not giving up, and I'm hoping someone could recommend someone else that I could get these items through.

PM please!!!

Last edited by DisneyLvr55; 12-14-2012 at 01:16 PM.
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Just an FYI on shipping. We were there last week and were thinking of shipping some things back. The CM's told us that we would not get it until after Christmas. All items that needed to be received prior to Christmas had to be shipped no later than 12/5 from Disney World.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

I'm looking for an outside provider, not Disney itself.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Google Laughing Place Store

That is the only one I know of.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Pixie Dust Shopping on Facebook, it might come up as just Pixie Dust. Traci has been fantastic. I have used her services twice. Shopping fees were 10% plus shipping with a minimum of $5.00.

She has always been very prompt with emailing and was great to deal with.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou View Post
Google Laughing Place Store

That is the only one I know of.
I just took a look at what they have and found they do have the 2012 ornament that I wasn't able to get while down in Disney. However, I did notice that Laughing Place's prices are much higher than in the parks (usally it's just the opposite).

The ornament I wanted to get in the parks costs $16.95, yet Laughing Place wants $18.40 and that's with a 20% "discount". Without the "discount" the price is $23 ! Please tell me that the price includes the S&H costs.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Pixie Dust Shopping on Facebook

I used Traci's services for a birthday present for my boyfriend this past summer then again last week to surprise a fellow DISer friend with some treats from WDW. She was great to work with.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I just took a look at what they have and found they do have the 2012 ornament that I wasn't able to get while down in Disney. However, I did notice that Laughing Place's prices are much higher than in the parks (usally it's just the opposite).

The ornament I wanted to get in the parks costs $16.95, yet Laughing Place wants $18.40 and that's with a 20% "discount". Without the "discount" the price is $23 ! Please tell me that the price includes the S&H costs.
They are higher because they have to make a profit. They can't buy it from Disney and then sell it for that same price.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
They are higher because they have to make a profit. They can't buy it from Disney and then sell it for that same price.
I can imagine it takes quite a few people to shop WDW to keep their inventory up. They have to pay for their time. I actually think the extra $ is worth it if you really want something. And no, their prices do not include shipping.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
That's what I was thinking. That the prices were a little higher for them to make a profit.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I wouldn't order from Laughing Place store, especially if you need it by Christmas. There have been threads here about how slow they are, if you even receive the item at all. I ordered from them a few years ago and did get what I ordered but it took about 2 months to receive it.

Here is one thread of DISers talking about their experience: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ng+place+store

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
I wouldn't order from Laughing Place store, especially if you need it by Christmas. There have been threads here about how slow they are, if you even receive the item at all. I ordered from them a few years ago and did get what I ordered but it took about 2 months to receive it.

Here is one thread of DISers talking about their experience: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ng+place+store
Thanks for the heads-up. If I ordered anything, I would not have expected before Christmas anyway. But 2 months? That's way too long.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

I have a friend that does this. I can pm you with her name. She has a facebook page as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: