Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #31
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I think u mean 10/20/13? Haha... Nooooo, my performing days are over! I traded them in to become a nurse and a mother!! It's a little less glamorous, but the perks are way better! But I think that two of the shows that will be on our sailing are shows that I was in. I REALLY hope that schedule holds up, cause I would LOVE to see them from the other side of the stage!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
I think u mean 10/20/13? Haha... Nooooo, my performing days are over! I traded them in to become a nurse and a mother!! It's a little less glamorous, but the perks are way better! But I think that two of the shows that will be on our sailing are shows that I was in. I REALLY hope that schedule holds up, cause I would LOVE to see them from the other side of the stage!
Yea Yea Yea... you knew what I meant!!! So what your saying is that you grew up?? You get the popcorn and I'll get the soda and our falmilies can watch the shows together!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #33
goeva
DIS Veteran

I would LOVE to change my current ressi to this CC double dips cruise. Gonna talk to DH about this.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-23-2012 at 10:30 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! It was a really special experience. If you saw the Golden Mickeys, you actually probably WOULD remember me! Haha.. Spoiler Alert! ...I played the stage manager turned award show host, Ensign Benson, who wins the final Golden Mickey at the end and has all her dreams come true, of course, haha. That's Disney magic for you! I can't say who my other character was, but if you heard the name, it would probably ring a bell.
I loved that show. DD said it's really cool to have a former CM from the Golden Mickeys on DISboards.

MeDH DD DS
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #35
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
I would LOVE to change my current ressi to this CC double dips cruise. Gonna talk to DH about this.
I'd rather do a 5 night cruise to do a CC DD then to do a 7 night to almost anywhere else on earth!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #36
goeva
DIS Veteran

DH said yes.
DH is gonna talk to his boss.
Merry Christmas, everyone.

MeDH DD DS
Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #37
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Welcome aboard!!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #38
rescuetink

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
DH said yes.
DH is gonna talk to his boss.
Merry Christmas, everyone.
SEE, sometimes we do get what we want for Christmas!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #39
goeva
DIS Veteran

Now the question is if I should move my ressi now or wait for a while to see if there's GT available?

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #40
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

What's "GT rate"??
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #41
goeva
DIS Veteran

Corrected. Sorry, I meant GTY.

MeDH DD DS
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #42
goeva
DIS Veteran

Wait! Did you mean what is it as in I made a mistake or what is GTY booking?
If you meant what is GTY booking. Here it is.

Last-Minute Restricted Stateroom Discounts from DCL

DCL offers new way to save if you are flexible about your stateroom location and willing to book "last minute," meaning 21-75 days prior to departure.

When offered, new "Restricted" room categories be offered on select sailings at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line operations. If offered, here’s what you will see online:

Inside Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY IGT)
Oceanview Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY OGT)
Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions (GTY VGT)

These categories may provide a great rate if you are flexible with your stateroom location, but as the name suggests, they are heavily restricted, with a lot of rules.

Important details you need to know:

• You will not be able to select a stateroom number or make special requests as to stateroom location. The stateroom is assigned at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line within a week of cruise departure. The only guarantee will be Inside, Outside or Verandah (based on the bookable category code listed).
• Applies to new bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.
• Full payment is due at time of booking. Booking holds are not permitted.
• Reservation is non-refundable.
• Reservation and applied payment are non-transferable.
• Full legal names and birthdates for all stateroom occupants are required at time of booking.
• Name changes after the reservation number is confirmed will not be permitted.
• Sail date, stateroom category and cruise itinerary changes are not permitted once a reservation number is confirmed.
• Not combinable with any discount or promotional offers, with the exception of $25 onboard credit for bookings made online and Disney Visa benefits.
• The “Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions” category allows for a maximum of four stateroom occupants.
• Restrictions and booking rules are subject to change.

MeDH DD DS
Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

That's what I was lookin for! Haha... I didn't know what that was! Now I get it! Hmmm seems a little risky, don't it??
Old 12-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #44
lark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunka View Post
This cruise sounds awesome, but I worry about Hurricane's. Is this time of year prone to Hurricane's?
Hurricanes can happen any time and the equipment and planning is pretty sophisticated on the ships.

But a straightforward question deserves a straightforward answer, and that answer here is yes. Mid-September is the worst, with the peak around September 20 historically. It is a proportional curve roughly, with the two-month period August 20 to October 20 seeing the vast majority of severe weather days in the bahamas and caribbean. Trip insurance should be seriously considered.
lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #45
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I was lookin for! Haha... I didn't know what that was! Now I get it! Hmmm seems a little risky, don't it??
Yes, especially during harricane season.
but chances getting an upgrade.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 12-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: