Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Ok I created a group on FB cause its just easier for me and maybe some of us others. We can communicate on both.

I can't figure out how to post the link for the specific group. Its called Princess to Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon

Please ask to join I set it up as a closed group. This way anyone on our team even if they aren't on disboards can communicate
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
Ok I created a group on FB cause its just easier for me and maybe some of us others. We can communicate on both.

I can't figure out how to post the link for the specific group. Its called Princess to Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon

Please ask to join I set it up as a closed group. This way anyone on our team even if they aren't on disboards can communicate
I cant find it?
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib

I cant find it?
try this link and let me know if it works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113692878797559/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
try this link and let me know if it works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113692878797559/

Works. I sent a request. I don't know why I couldn't find it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Indygirl its you plus one???
I guess that would be a yes. The Nicole that is listed with our group is a co-worker.

I tried to get several others that I work with that also run to sign up and I got all kinds of excuses. Most dealing with "I never get picked in those lottery's".

Boy are they kicking themselves now.

I am so not a facebook/twitter person. I have an old account and will try to figure it out but if you don't see me there often don't worry I'm still around.

I did figure out how to sign up for the facebook group and got my acceptance so there is some hope.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99

I guess that would be a yes. The Nicole that is listed with our group is a co-worker.

I tried to get several others that I work with that also run to sign up and I got all kinds of excuses. Most dealing with "I never get picked in those lottery's".

Boy are they kicking themselves now.

I am so not a facebook/twitter person. I have an old account and will try to figure it out but if you don't see me there often don't worry I'm still around.

I did figure out how to sign up for the facebook group and got my acceptance so there is some hope.
I only use FB for group things and rarely post anything to my personal page on FB. I use it on my smart phone and almost never log into it on a computer. I had to go to the desktop site on my tablet to set up the group.

I know that Beth was saying that she had tried to set up a group but couldn't cause you have to have at least one friend. I just put my husband in the group and as soon as one more person joined I went into his account and had him leave the group.

I hope everyone is ok with the name, I think we have a great group of girls running and maybe we can plan some things to do together that weekend. I was thinking of a celebratory dinner or a pre race pasta party. We can go out to eat maybe at Bucca Di Peppos or I know some other great Italian Resturants or my house.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #22
speshlist
Earning My Ears

Hey all, I am not in your group but congrats on being chosen! I was signed up with a different group but we were not chosen

It was me, my fiancee, and our bridesmaids. I was going to try and get legally married while we were there (before our upcoming Hawaii nuptials) since we can't legally marry in California. Unfortunately it won't happen this way but we still have Tink Half and Princess Half!

Congrats again on being selected!! MANY people were not- there is a lot of unhappy people on the NWM FB page. I hope you all write race recaps about it - I can't wait to hear!
speshlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

I am in! As it happens I am doing PHM and will be doing NWHM. Registered witht the FB WISH Team gals and got in! Whee! OMG!
Tiger Lily 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

I'm in

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist View Post
Hey all, I am not in your group but congrats on being chosen! I was signed up with a different group but we were not chosen

It was me, my fiancee, and our bridesmaids. I was going to try and get legally married while we were there (before our upcoming Hawaii nuptials) since we can't legally marry in California. Unfortunately it won't happen this way but we still have Tink Half and Princess Half!

Congrats again on being selected!! MANY people were not- there is a lot of unhappy people on the NWM FB page. I hope you all write race recaps about it - I can't wait to hear!
Speshlist, so sorry you didn't get chosen. A DC wedding at the race would have been fabulous. Well, you know, here in MA we've had marriage for a long time, so if you ever want to run a MA race (you don't have to be fast to get married; there are other races besides Boston), let me know how I can help! My spouse and I have been together almost 21 years, but we're waiting for federal marriage to make it legal. Right now the benefit to MA marriage, given the other policies in place around here, is the ability to visit each other in jail, which is a benefit I'm not planning to need.

First go at a new course, even for an experienced race company, is always dicey (look at R&R Vegas last year). We'll do the trial run and then maybe you can get federally married in DC next year!

Cate
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
chimera
WISH Racing Team Member
If I wear a Cumulus on one foot and a Nimbus on the other, will there be thunderstorms during my run?

In!
chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #27
escape
Mouseketeer
I don't buy it. I'm much more weird than that!

I'm in with the other WISH ladies from FB. Woohoo! This will be my third NW Half.

Disney Races Completed: 2007 - WDW Half, Tower of Terror 13K; 2008 - WDW Marathon , Minnie 15K, Disneyland Half; 2009 - Race for the Taste; 2010 - GOOFY Challenge; Disneyland Half; WDW Wine & Dine Half; 2012 - WDW Half, WDW Relay
;2013 - Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare
escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #28
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

I am signed up with the group too! Trying to work out the logistics, but getting excited for the necklace!!!

I just finished the Goofy and ready for another race. Heading over to the fb age now even though I am not doing the DPH...

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #29
es45
DIS Veteran

I'm in too!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #30
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone staying? I was going to stay with family but leaving at 4:45 am to make sure I catch a metro train in time (due to the 20 min gaps e tween trains) that I am considering a hotel...

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: