Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #46
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Gotta admit, it's been a loooong time since I've listened to some Pink Floyd music, but I'm really enjoying this set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephMK
I know, really took me back to my college days. DH is in heaven with all the groups playing tonight.
Dang, I've got my Floyd fix going at least once a day since I first heard Comfortably Numb at 15 in 1987. I also have to rip out some SOYCD and Time at least once a night on the guitar. Haven't fully learned to play Comfortably Numb yet as I don't know how to play the guitar, just know how to play certain songs. If I learn Comfortably Numb, I'm finished with the guitar since there is nothing more I would need. I play SOYCD, Time, Money, well, pretty much the whole album of Dark Side, Coming Back to Life, Learning to Fly, and a lot of Dogs.

The car audio system I built for my car way back in the college days I designed specifically to play Dark Side of the Moon CD.

Oh, haven't watched. I recorded it just for the music. Have nothing to donate so....
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #47
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I try not to be too judgemental on here but seriously? The NYC metropolitan area contains 40% of the U.S population - about 18.9 million people. The whole state of Vermont has 629,000 people. Yes, disaster victims everywhere deserve help but don't you think that the resources needed to help 18.9 million people are much, much bigger than the resources needed to help several counties in a state that only has 629,000?

I'm sorry for your friends who still have family graves missing but in the NY area there are an estimated 40,000 who have missing homes.

In most disasters the federal and state government have the resources to help get people back to a basic standard of living (even if not perfect) but in this case, like Katrina, the disaster is unprecedentaed in scope.
And over a year after Katrina, people still hadn't gotten the help that they needed, they were still living in FEMA trailers below poverty standards. it is bad all the way around, your area isn't special in this circumstance. I think that is why some may be getting a little tired. Disasters get forgotten all the time, it is wrong, but it is what happens. Life goes on, and it is sad.

PS I didn't watch the concert, not because I don't care, I do. I just don't care for any of the performers really.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #48
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charade View Post
Except for the garbage performance (IMHO that's NOT any form of music) by Kanye West I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it! The Who was awesome!
Wow Charade, long time no see. I did enjoy West's leather skirt . I had paused the show while I was on hold waiting to donate so I was able to zoom right through his whole performance. Not my cup of tea.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #49
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

I dozed off during the Stones (because I, too, am an old fart evidently) and picked it back up around midnight - McCartney. The Nirvana "reunion" got me so excited I couldn't go back to sleep, but help me here....was that Dave Grohl's only appearance? If so, I am bummed (was going to go back on DVR and see what I missed.)
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #50
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

No, we didn't watch. We had no idea it was on TV or even happening.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #51
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

As far as I know that was Dave Grohls only appearance.

which sucks!! I loved hearing the "SIRVANA" reunion with Paul. Wish they would have preformed more than one song. Hated to see Dave Krist and Smear rush off stage so quickly.

First trip, May 01', WL**August 08' offsite, Mike Ditka's resort**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip + anniversary, POP**Looking forward to January 14' for a WONDER-ful first trip + anniversary on DCL
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #52
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
No, we didn't watch. We had no idea it was on TV or even happening.
My daughter listens to the local Clear Channel Top-20 station in Madison and they have been adverting the heck out of it. I watched it on the Cooking Channel last night .
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #53
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Kanye aside, the show was amazing! I was little disappointed that the Stones only played two songs but The Who more than made up for that. They were amazing!

I thought Chris Martin was adorable and charming "Donate the average age of tonight's performers and we'll be good."
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #54
NikitaZee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Springsteen's set is a snoozefest. I know he's practically a national hero, but I never saw the appeal.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing. When Bon Jovi came out and the two of them sang 'Born to Run' I was positively cringing and had to mute the tv!
I know it's all one's personal preference, though - I'm a big Stones fan and while I was watching them perform my fb friends were all saying they couldn't turn off the HD fast enough
NikitaZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #55
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiesmommy08 View Post
As far as I know that was Dave Grohls only appearance.

which sucks!! I loved hearing the "SIRVANA" reunion with Paul. Wish they would have preformed more than one song. Hated to see Dave Krist and Smear rush off stage so quickly.
Wasn't that great??
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #56
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
My daughter listens to the local Clear Channel Top-20 station in Madison and they have been adverting the heck out of it. I watched it on the Cooking Channel last night .
I listen to the radio all day and many TV stations at night (DH is a surfer ) and the first I heard about it was this morning when I saw this thread.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #57
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I listen to the radio all day and many TV stations at night (DH is a surfer ) and the first I heard about it was this morning when I saw this thread.
Bummer . It was a good one. Maybe your DH surfs during commercials? I thought it was hilarious that it was broadcast on the Cooking channel .
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #58
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Bummer . It was a good one. Maybe your DH surfs during commercials? I thought it was hilarious that it was broadcast on the Cooking channel .
It wasn't shown on any of our local channels and DH and DS were watching the Badger/Green Bay basketball game.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #59
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post
Wasn't that great??

Yes!! It was so good to see Dave on the drums.
I personally feel like Beastie Boys should have been there, even without MCA.

It showed on ION here til like 12:30 or 1:00 then it cut over to WWE. Had to finish it out on the Cooking channel, which I thought was kinda odd.

First trip, May 01', WL**August 08' offsite, Mike Ditka's resort**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip + anniversary, POP**Looking forward to January 14' for a WONDER-ful first trip + anniversary on DCL
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #60
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

We watched it on AMC.

We were disappointed not to see more of Dave Grohl and the other Nirvana members too. Paul did fine with them.

I also wanted more of Eddie Vedder. Love him!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: