Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Just got beat up

Badly. Took several hits to the thighs and the knee. Feels a bit like I just got hit by a Mack truck. Or, as it was in this case, stuck in the middle of two horses who were fighting. The crazy part is that I was RIDING one of the horses. We made the mistake of accidentally getting ahead of the mare who is the boss on trail rides and the mare went totally ape-poop on my horse. I couldn't see any of it since the two of them were slugging it out with their hind legs.

There were legs flying everywhere but guess who was the one that somehow got kicked 5 feet in the air on the back of a horse? Lucky me, right? My horse was somehow unscathed, and the mare who instigated it scored herself a HUGE gash down to the bone on her hind leg. We had to hightail it back to the trailers and drive straight to the vet for stitches.

I feel bad for her injuring herself, but kind of serves her right for being such a witch (and kicking the crap out of ME). I guess she must've been aiming really high while my horse defended herself down low and scored a direct hit. I do feel bad for her owner who was riding her. Kid managed to stay on for the whole wild ride. She JUST got home from college last night and was so in need of a pleasant ride...her grandfather had a heart attack and died yesterday morning!

Now I'm off to milk my injuries for all their worth and make my husband rub my feet or something. Might even get him to take me out for dinner! Turning a negative into a positive!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Sounds pretty scary. Glad you are okay, and the horses too.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Badly. Took several hits to the thighs and the knee. Feels a bit like I just got hit by a Mack truck. Or, as it was in this case, stuck in the middle of two horses who were fighting. The crazy part is that I was RIDING one of the horses. We made the mistake of accidentally getting ahead of the mare who is the boss on trail rides and the mare went totally ape-poop on my horse. I couldn't see any of it since the two of them were slugging it out with their hind legs.

There were legs flying everywhere but guess who was the one that somehow got kicked 5 feet in the air on the back of a horse? Lucky me, right? My horse was somehow unscathed, and the mare who instigated it scored herself a HUGE gash down to the bone on her hind leg. We had to hightail it back to the trailers and drive straight to the vet for stitches.

I feel bad for her injuring herself, but kind of serves her right for being such a witch (and kicking the crap out of ME). I guess she must've been aiming really high while my horse defended herself down low and scored a direct hit. I do feel bad for her owner who was riding her. Kid managed to stay on for the whole wild ride. She JUST got home from college last night and was so in need of a pleasant ride...her grandfather had a heart attack and died yesterday morning!

Now I'm off to milk my injuries for all their worth and make my husband rub my feet or something. Might even get him to take me out for dinner! Turning a negative into a positive!
Wow That is really scary, terrifying even.... you might end up even more sore tomorrow, and the day after that too!!!

Enjoy your dinner and your pampering, and seriously, count your blessings that you weren't thrown. I really do hope thatyou don't end up truly feeling worse tomorrow. (I was just egging on your pity party for your husband )
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Ouch. Didn't realize that the lead horse's were that territorial. Glad you weren't hurt too badly. Have to admit, I also feel bad for the boss horse too. Never would have dreamed that they would get into a fight over another horse passing them.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
BeachGirlFLA
DIS Veteran

Not exactly the same but I got my hand torn up today because my two favorites of our five dogs started to skirmish over a scrap of food (we feed them well, I promise) and instead of grabbing tails or something like I should have, I grabbed one of their mouths and her teeth came down on my hand - ended up with a cut on the top and two cuts on the bottom.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Glad you are ok! That's scary! I've only ridden a horse twice (yeah, at the fort wilderness stables in Disney) but I didn't know there was a lead horse. I thought whatever rider felt like going first started the line. Tells you how much I know about horses.

I hope you get some good pampering
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
BeachGirlFLA
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I hope you feel better SOON
Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Wow, who knew horses had road rage too!

Lucky that you ended up with no breaks or fractures from the flying hoofs..and that both you and rider stayed on. Did the other rider get hit at all?
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Got to love horses!

Hope you feel better soon hun.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Wow! All I can say is you and your student must be superb riders to keep your seat during that fracas. So glad you didn't get kicked in the head or trampled (although I bet you FEEL like you've been trampled!) Hopefully, your horses will kiss and make up. Or at least go back to tolerating one another.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Glad you are OK. I love horses but their strength can be scary!
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
denisem
DIS Veteran

Wow, I sympathize and am glad you weren't injured more severely.

I'd always heard about "lead" horses, but didn't realize they'd get THAT feisty over it!

I'd tell husband a full body massage is in order!
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #13
Peanut Giggleface
Embarrassing my children... just another service I provide.

That is precisely why I don't like being around horses. My daughter took lessons for years and there was one horse who was always looking for a reason to go off. I tiptoed around that horse and felt sorry for anyone who didn't know his personality and decided to ride him. Yikes!! I guess being around animals bigger than me is not my cup of tea. OP, I'm glad you're okay and hope you heal quickly.
Peanut Giggleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I did get dinner out! My favorite Mexican place. But man is my knee starting to hurt. Plus the other muscle soreness is kicking in. Tomorrow should be fun.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post

...okay, now can we have the REAL story? ....I know - probably some bowling tournament gone horribly wrong....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: