Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
alayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest
You can always make the Mickey head lamps. My DH made a double one and we use it out by our pool in the summer. There used to be directions somewhere on this site. He changes the lightbulbs to match the seasons.
I did see those on here! I sent them to my neighbor and asked him if he would make me 2. I googled it too and saw a Minnie Mouse one that someone had made. It was so cute!!! I sent my neighbor the picture so I'm hoping I'll get something like that!!

Thanks!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
alayne
DIS Veteran

Another question - this time about the inside of your camper..,
You know those wall decals that you can put in a kids room - has anyone ever used one on the wall if your camper. I saw some Star Wars wall decals that I thought would be cute in my DS's room in our camper. I just wondered if they would stick the same way on the wall inside the camper like they do on the wall inside your house.

Thanks for any info!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Magic Fanatic
Mouseketeer

I would NOT recommend the stick on decals. We put them in my son's room several years ago and they were nearly impossible to remove and it required sheet rock repair once we did. The walls of your camper are not like the walls of your home. They are a type of wall board with wall paper like covering that is all but impossible to repair. Don't stick anything to them that you are absolutely sure will come off.
May 2014 - Disney Fantasy May 2013 - Disney Dream Dec 2012 - Ft Wilderness June 2012 - Wilderness Lodge April 2010 - Wilderness Lodge Dec 2009 - Ft Wilderness May 2009 - Old Key West Aug 2008 - Ft Wilderness Mar 2008 - Disney Magic Dec 2007 - Ft Wilderness Feb 2007 - Animal Kingdom April 2006 - Disney Magic Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge Mar 2005 - Wilderness Lodge Dec 2004 - Caribbean Beach Aug 2003 Caribbean Beach June 2002 - Port Orleans Oct 1009 - All Star Music
Magic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
alayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic
I would NOT recommend the stick on decals. We put them in my son's room several years ago and they were nearly impossible to remove and it required sheet rock repair once we did. The walls of your camper are not like the walls of your home. They are a type of wall board with wall paper like covering that is all but impossible to repair. Don't stick anything to them that you are absolutely sure will come off.
That's what I needed to hear! Wanted to ask before I did it. I was afraid that might be the answer. DH thought it might damage the wall and if we ever wanted to sale to upgrade we would be in a world of hurt. Thank you for your response.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
disneystick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
That's what I needed to hear! Wanted to ask before I did it. I was afraid that might be the answer. DH thought it might damage the wall and if we ever wanted to sale to upgrade we would be in a world of hurt. Thank you for your response.
I use removable vinyl for my wall decorations in my new TT. I bought two famous painting images and just peel and stick to my trailer walls...and no residues and I have moved them several times....no damages to my TT walls.

Can't wait to take my TT to Disney for Christmas 2013! 13 days at a preferred site!!!!
disneystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
alayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneystick

I use removable vinyl for my wall decorations in my new TT. I bought two famous painting images and just peel and stick to my trailer walls...and no residues and I have moved them several times....no damages to my TT walls.

Can't wait to take my TT to Disney for Christmas 2013! 13 days at a preferred site!!!!
This makes me want to do a little more research.

We are going to the Fort next year too. We will be there Nov. 23rd thru Dec. 8th. This is our longest trip at Disney!! I feel like I'm a princess who won the lottery!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
alayne
DIS Veteran

New questions!!!

We have our two sites booked for Nov. 2013. Camper ONE: Booked Nov. 23rd thru Dec. 8th - 16 days and 15 nights. Camper TWO: Booked Nov. 23rd to Nov. 30th. Here is what our plans look like as of today:

Option A: Two campers (my DM and ours) head out on Nov. 23 to the Fort. We all stay until Nov. 30th. Then DM and kids (except the baby) head home on Nov. 30th. Only to return Dec. 4th with my nieces Dance Team (if they get to perform in the Christmas Parade again this year). She will stay at the Hotel assigned to the Dance Members so it's easier to get my niece to events. My DH and I will keep the baby and remain at the Fort with a few days alone waiting on them to come back.

Option B: Two campers (my DM and ours) head out on Nov. 23 to the Fort. We all stay until Nov. 30th. Then DM and ALL KIDS head home on Nov. 30th and do not return because my niece is not performing in the Christmas Parade. DH and I get to spend the remaining time completely ALONE!!!

1. How hard is it to get two sites next to each other.
2. 16 Days and 15 nights Total for DH and I - Travel Agent says Disney only does a 10 Day Park Pass. If we want extra days then we can do one of two things - buy a one day ticket and upgrade it to an Annual Pass or just purchase another 2-3 day Park Pass? Any suggestions?
3. Do you go to the Water Parks during November and December? My kids would love it and my DM would not mind taking them. She loves beaches and water parks. However, me and DH could careless about them.

That's all the NEW Questions I have for tonight. I'm sure I'll have more soon.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #23
Disney Bunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have our two sites booked for Nov. 2013. Camper ONE: Booked Nov. 23rd thru Dec. 8th - 16 days and 15 nights. Camper TWO: Booked Nov. 23rd to Nov. 30th. Here is what our plans look like as of today:

Option A: Two campers (my DM and ours) head out on Nov. 23 to the Fort. We all stay until Nov. 30th. Then DM and kids (except the baby) head home on Nov. 30th. Only to return Dec. 4th with my nieces Dance Team (if they get to perform in the Christmas Parade again this year). She will stay at the Hotel assigned to the Dance Members so it's easier to get my niece to events. My DH and I will keep the baby and remain at the Fort with a few days alone waiting on them to come back.

Option B: Two campers (my DM and ours) head out on Nov. 23 to the Fort. We all stay until Nov. 30th. Then DM and ALL KIDS head home on Nov. 30th and do not return because my niece is not performing in the Christmas Parade. DH and I get to spend the remaining time completely ALONE!!!

1. How hard is it to get two sites next to each other.
2. 16 Days and 15 nights Total for DH and I - Travel Agent says Disney only does a 10 Day Park Pass. If we want extra days then we can do one of two things - buy a one day ticket and upgrade it to an Annual Pass or just purchase another 2-3 day Park Pass? Any suggestions?
3. Do you go to the Water Parks during November and December? My kids would love it and my DM would not mind taking them. She loves beaches and water parks. However, me and DH could careless about them.

That's all the NEW Questions I have for tonight. I'm sure I'll have more soon.
You would need to book the same type of site and call Disney and link the 2 reservations together. We did it a couple of years ago.....no problems.

November and December might be a little cold for the waterparks.

If DM was willing, I would send all the kids home with her to have a few days alone. Disney is a great vacation for adults. DH and I did a couple of days alone on our last trip before we met up with our daughter and her family. We had a blast.

Me and DH
Disney Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #24
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

About the water parks, there are days in the 80's at that time some years. Just have to play it by ear, as the weather is so changeable about that time - can also be high's 50-60's
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
alayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Bunny

You would need to book the same type of site and call Disney and link the 2 reservations together. We did it a couple of years ago.....no problems.

November and December might be a little cold for the waterparks.

If DM was willing, I would send all the kids home with her to have a few days alone. Disney is a great vacation for adults. DH and I did a couple of days alone on our last trip before we met up with our daughter and her family. We had a blast.
Yeah! So the Travel Agent booked us as one reservation with one camper leaving early and we have the same confirmation number so I guess there is nothing else we need to do.

When we went Thanksgiving 2011 the kids did go swimming at the Fort, in fact, they asked to go swimming more then the parks. But when we went the first week of December this year my Mom kept complaining she was cold. There were lots of people swimming and the kids asked but we didn't have any bathing suits. If the weather was like it was this past December my DM wouldn't last at the water parks.

My DH and I did Disney on our Honeymoon and it was a dream and I would love to send her back with all the kids either option but I can't. In Option A if they return she will have to fly and I would not wish flying with 4 kids (one being 18 months) on anyone. I know she could do it. My DM is supermom but I don't think it would be very fair.

Thanks for the response! I love chatting with other Disney fans!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
alayne
DIS Veteran

Another Question

I can't remember and can't find it in my notes from our trip in April 2011 but do you book the Golf Cart at the 180 day mark just like meals? What about the extras like Pirate Makeover, BBB, Pirate Cruise, Tea Party, etc.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
lodge
DIS Veteran

Those vinyl ones can work on some walls, and if not, you could use a lighter adhesive (like the ones that you can put up Christmas decorations temorarily, then pull to remove) to stick 'em up for a while.... better than the SUPER adhesive that was mentioned by others here.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
alayne
DIS Veteran

Camper is almost decorated....

We are camping for Spring Break this week. We brought our campers to the lake on Friday and I have been working on getting it organized and decorated. I have to go back and forth to work so I am not here as much as I would like to be but it's still better than nothing.

It rained all day today so I haven't been able to work on the outside but I have almost got the inside all Disney!!

On the way over here my DS and I got behind another 5th Wheeler and they had a Fort Wilderness Tire Cover with a picture of Musket Mickey. I would love to have one of those. Do they make the one with Mickey any more of is it only the white one now?

I wonder if the person is a DISer? My Mom said they are camping at another camp ground closer to the lake then where we are. She rode over there but wouldn't ask.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #29
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Quote:
Do they make the one with Mickey any more of is it only the white one now?
They only have the white one now.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: