DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

Anyone else at HHI right now (12/12)?

Wow, this place is dead. We've stayed here many times, but I've never seen so many dark buildings. On top of that it is cold and rainy. I was just wondering if we're the only ones here. It is almost like The Shining LOL.

Plus having all kinds of WiFi problems. Finally got iPad to connect after turning off and then back on multiple times. Can't get it to work on my Mac at all. We are in a 1BR in the Lodge. No wonder the points were so cheap. This is definitely low season.

Now to decide where to eat. Leaning towards Roastfish (that is if it's open).

My Travel Pictures
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in January once, and felt the same way!! The dark color scheme is kind of eerie when you aren't surrounded by lots of fellow DVCrs! I hope the weather breaks for you soon.
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
WolfpackFan

Well we're only here for one night. I can't do that 10 hour drive anymore, so we've gotten so we stop halfway, usually in Savannah. But I had some points I was going to loose, and just enough for a 1BR for one night. So we figured we'd stop for one night instead of paying for the Hampton Inn plus we can go ahead and wash clothes. But it is very weird for sure. Glad there are no long hallways here.

My Travel Pictures
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
Wow, this place is dead. We've stayed here many times, but I've never seen so many dark buildings. On top of that it is cold and rainy. I was just wondering if we're the only ones here. It is almost like The Shining LOL.

Now to decide where to eat. Leaning towards Roastfish (that is if it's open).
Does in my wishes count? We were at HHI a few weeks ago, and I'm set to go back.
Did you go to Roastfish and Cornbread last night? It's been open whenever we've gone, and that's always off-season. If you haven't gotten there yet, I recommend their sweet potato fries. Best I've ever had! Also, we enjoyed the Black Marlin when we were there a few weeks ago. First time at that resturaunt, but not the last.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post

Plus having all kinds of WiFi problems. Finally got iPad to connect after turning off and then back on multiple times. Can't get it to work on my Mac at all. We are in a 1BR in the Lodge. No wonder the points were so cheap. This is definitely low season.
We spent last Thursday night there because we were having a new furnace installed in our home on the Island and didn't want to stay there. It was dead then as well, as it was on the Island as a whole. We walked over to San Miguels and were seated immediately. When I called Member Services at the last minute for a 1 bedroom, the cash availability was so reasonable that we booked that way rather than using points.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
WolfpackFan

We ended up eating at San Miguel's instead of Roastfish. We were the only customers there. I kind of liked the resort being so deserted. Unfortunately I never could get the WIFi to work.

My Travel Pictures
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
nickspace
DIS Veteran

Did you like the quiet or was it too quiet?

nickspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

We stayed once on HHI in a two bedroom. Just me and the Boss. It was great, but, we kind of got lost in all that room.

We've been there when it was full, and, when it was empty.

I think I prefer empty.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W
2014 Feb off site, May SSR, Dec SSR

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
WolfpackFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickspace View Post
Did you like the quiet or was it too quiet?
We actually kind of liked it. It was kind of spooky but in a good sort of way. To add to it, the night we were there it was kind of foggy and wet. I think the entire time we were there, we only saw one other guest. It was kind of strange being the only customers in San Miguel's. One thing I didn't like was how early they closed the merchandise store.

My Travel Pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: